Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best/Fastest char to kill Normal Cows?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by K-Lined, Apr 5, 2004.

1. K-Lined

K-Lined IncGamers Member

Best/Fastest char to kill Normal Cows?

I've been doing alot of normal cow runs lately with my orb sorc trying to find low level items for my lvl 9 PvPer, and I was thinking about the possibility to kill norm cows faster with a Holy Shock Paladin.

Would maxed Holy Schock with maxed synergies and about +10 skills from items/charms be enough to kill norm cows in one pulse or two?

If you know of any other build except javazons to kill norm cows fast in 1.10, i'd love to hear about it :)

2. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

Best I can think of are:

Hurricane Druid
    Teeth Necro
    Nova Sorc
    Multi/Strafe Zon
    Chain Lightning Sorc

The best would probably be your Holy Shock idea. Considering its low minimum damage, you might not be able to kill as fast in pubbies. Good thing is its radius and zero mana cost.

3. bondfunk

bondfunk IncGamers Member

out of your list the only thing I can see which COULD be viable to claim the title as 'best/fastest' is the chain lightning sorc. Javazon with fully maxed lightning ury and synergies wins hands DOWN.

4. Green_Squirrel

Yes, but for some reason he wanted to exclude the LF Zon. My list shouldn't have said "best", it's just some alternatives that could do some pretty fast Norm Cow runs.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i think it would take some effort to build a high level char that couldn't do norm cows.

pick any damage skill, raise it to 20, and there you go. cows=dead.

so, that means that the fastest would be area of effect, 4 frames per or faster, and the char could teleport or run really fast.

which would exclude many skills mentioned here, including holy shock. a hammerdin might be a good choice, as vigor synergiezes bh. but, you could probably get a faster than 4 fps attack somewhere else.

barb whirlwind or druid whirlwind maybe. i dunno if druid ww can do 4 frames per hit, but barb ww, when wielding two weps, gets like 2.5 per attack.

some sorc skills can be spammed. maybe charged bolt. i disagree that chain lightning is a fast killer. i think the lightning is about the same speed as a zon arrow, and the damage is linear, not area of effect (one monster is damaged at a time.)

i would say a multishot zon, with maxxed pierce, 20pts in ms, and a 4ps bow setup would be the fastest overall, but walking time would be the problem.

maybe an old school nova sorc?

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

A naked paladin with fully synergized holy shock would inflict around 1-650 just by running around. According to d2data.net, normal cows have 159-342 hp in one player games...

7. Superhal

same problem as a thunderstorm sorc though, you can't control how often it comes out through fcr or ias. sure, you'll kill stuff in 1 hit, but how often will those hits come out?

8. Cod

Cod IncGamers Member

a pure lightning trapassin with maxed death sentry just wipes those things out with a disturbing "moo". it's actually a little too quick since you'll probably accidentally kill the cow king.

9. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Why not just use Holy Fire or Freeze then? You're sure to kill per tick then. :)

10. krischan

According to this, these auras don't inflict enough damage (at skill level 20 - let's assume you don't want to invest expensive equipment on a character meant for normal cows), even with synergies. Of course, damage from holy shock has a very low mimimum value, so it might cause only 10 hp of damage, but its average damage is clearly beyond the average hp of cows.

BTW: Do all monsters suffer the same damage or will each get its own amount of damage ?

11. krischan

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Holy shock is an aura, so you don't have to do cast or hit anything to let the enemy suffer the automatic damage. I didn't mean the lightning bonus to weapon damage.

The damage is applied about once per 3 seconds only, so you shouldn't have too much FRW :)

12. Superhal

i can pack on the ias or fcr and kill stuff faster with a non-aura.

i guess you folks refer to it as a "tick" when aura damage occurs.

a tick is slower than a cast or an attack.

13. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

I don't know who much damage it takes to kill normal cows in one blow...

I have built a Holy Fire Paladin that does somehwere around 1700-1800 damage with his aura each 'tick'. His equipment it dirt cheap (lots of +fire skills gear). I built him mainly to find chipped gems. I have not tried him in normal cows yet but most anywhere else he goes in normal he clears the entire screen without me having to swing my sword once.

Could be a viable option.

14. krischan

Sure, there are many spells that cause much more damage which can also be cast in a more rapid succession, but it's more convenient just to run around and let the aura kill the monsters (which has a radius of 16.6 yards at L20 btw), so you have more time to pick up stuff ;)

15. K-Lined

K-Lined IncGamers Member

1700 dmg should be enough.

Holy Fire Pala with lots of run/walk sounds like the way to go, gonna try this now, thx..

16. Green_Squirrel

What the heck? Holy Fire only does 263 max damage on level 30.

I think you're mixing up the "fire damage to attack" and "fire damage".

17. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

He might be or he might have a bunch of 'uber' equipment on it to pump the fire damage / skills. If that's the case then one decked out with R/W would be hard to do.

I'd go with a Holy Freeze Pally decked out with Run/Walk... with +8 skills (could be to HF only) then you have a 24 yard radius with a min damage aorund 348 which will kill the cows off screen before you run to them. The only bad part about this is to squeeze everything out of them then you'll need to cover the ground carefully since I've killed off screen and not known to double back to look before (currently have a Frostdin).

The thing that would steer me away from a shockdin is the minimum damage. No guarantee kill on first 'tick'.

As far as R/W is concerned... I recommend:
    Trang-oul's armor
    M'avina's belt
    Imortal King's boots
    Cat's Eye Amulet
    Peasant's Crown for helm (you could go Sazabi's Helm and sword but you'll need +skill grand charms to get the +8 skills needed to kill in one tick)

That should give you plenty of speed. In 1.09 I made a desync charge pally with 2 wizspike rings and that frustrated the [email protected] out of my brother :lol:

Other than that look for +offensive aura / holy freeze points on both pally shields and scepters. For scepters I'd shop ormus in A3. You can open a tp across the bridge into the jungle and the portal will open up by the wp. You just walk up, jump through it, talk to Ormus and do it again. If you use vigor it will go that much faster. +8 offensive aura / holy freeze should be easy to do.

The other option is look for faster cast and make an enigma and teleport everywhere. It might be a pain depending on how the computer does times the tick on the aura.

Still another option is to make an item find Barb and just pull the junk out of their guts.

Have you considered crafting or imbuing items for your LLD?

gl

18. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

A lvl 80 poison explosion necro or chain lightning sorc would make them fall down faster than you could cast.

19. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I can tele through them with my windy and hurricane owns them nicely.

20. Superhal

i could walk faster than pn could cast. :)