Best drummer? (in-music performance)

Twoflower

Banned
as i said in the "best guitar player" thread a while back, you ahve to forget all the rock pop metal etc stuff and look at jazz

joey baron :thumbsup:

noone else comes even close, noone

Damotta

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm also going to have to agree on Danny Carey from Tool.

However, I'm becoming more and more inclined to say Zac Hill from Team Sleep. The complexity and quickness of his beats is simply incredible. I was amazed by his work on the Team Sleep CD, but then got to see them in concert and he totally blew me away. It was hard to take my eyes off him, just watching him go back and forth across the entire drums set with astounding agility. At one point, he was so into it that he knocked one of his crash cymbals off the stand. Luckily it was near the end of a song, so it didnt screw anything up. Chino went over, grabbed the cymbal, put it on his head like one of those Chinese hats, and laughed at himself for being stupid :lol: good times

zxc_cxz

Diabloii.Net Member
DarthStephinus said:
George the new drummer for Nile he owns :thumbsup:
Martin from Opeth
Exactly. George Kollias from Nile tops everything I've ever heard in my previous life. You guys should definitely listen to at least one song from him. "Cast Down The Heretic" is where he shines.

Technetium

Diabloii.Net Member
There are so many great drummers, and I can't really say that any one of these is better than the other.

Neil Peart
Mike Portnoy
Martin Lopez
Virgil Donati
Zoltan Csorsz
Jason Rullo

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
zxc_cxz said:
Exactly. George Kollias from Nile tops everything I've ever heard in my previous life.
You had a previous life? Were you like King Tut or something? Maybe an Indian maiden? Or wait...I know! You were Howard Hughes!

Can you loan me a couple hundred 'till payday? ;)

zxc_cxz

Diabloii.Net Member
Freet said:
You had a previous life? Were you like King Tut or something? Maybe an Indian maiden? Or wait...I know! You were Howard Hughes!

Can you loan me a couple hundred 'till payday? ;)
That's right I had a previous life, and a damn good one too. Sure I can loan you a couple hundred, but I'm going to need some collateral.