Best druid armor

gla[es]

Diabloii.Net Member
Best druid armor

So whats the best druid armor for a Elemental druid I dont have to much to spend on it :(

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
Shug_Ninx said:
Skin of the Vipermagi.
Mmm..definately my number one choice for casters. Good resists, +1 skills, and nice faster cast rate. Anybody ever tried upgrading one of these? I'm non-ladder so I can't check but it's got 120% ed, so that would make for about an 800 def armor.

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok yes skin of vipermagi is awesome with the skill, fast cast and huge resists, but I can't stand how my chars look like in it. Therefore I would suggest Que-hegans or skullders with hegans being the cheaper choice. But only go for that if look matters to you, stat wise vipermagi wins the battle I think.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
assmuffin said:
Anybody ever tried upgrading one of these? I'm non-ladder so I can't check but it's got 120% ed, so that would make for about an 800 def armor.
I have two of them (Wyrmhides). And yes, the def is 800+. Very nice indeed.

Daemonaz

Diabloii.Net Member
festers50 said:
I like Naj's as well, once I got to lvl 71 that is ;)
Naj's is a very good Druid armor, and highly underrated. Probably because of the fact it is a heavy armor. However the mods on that armor are great. Highly overlooked armor, especially considering the fact it is cheap. Possibly even for free.

Daemonaz

Diabloii.Net Member
helohi said:
How about ormus? (hurricane is colddamage)
The stats on Ormus are decent but I'd only go for this if you can't get your hands on: Skin of the Viper Magi, Que-Hegan, Skullders or Naj's Light Plate. The increase in cold damage won't make your hurricane that much better. Hurricane is just a pretty weak skill, and you kill mostly with Tornado.

Personally (I have a level 94 Wind Druid) I think the most important stats on a Druid armor are: FCR, hitpoints/vitality, resistances and + skills. Simply, because they make your Tornado more effective. Hurricane is just a sideshow and a way to slowly widdle down those Physical Immunes. Skin of the Viper Magi is the best choice, and should come rather cheap if you don't care about low resistances on it, just to start out.