Best Dragon Shield To Get?

lld-palwolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Dragon Shield To Get?

Im in the process of makeing a auradin, anyone know the best shield I should be looking for?

DIEnamic

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't settle for anything less block than a sacred targe or roundache. the real problem becomes finding one with high res in particular.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Sacred Targe would be ideal, with 45 resist. Dragon rw adds a straight +360 defense on top of the shield's defense, so all elite shields will have nice def regardless of base. You can't go past 60% base blocking, it lets you save a little on Dex.

lld-palwolf

Diabloii.Net Member
^^ thanks on both replies, but do you two think going with a straight vit build and not worrying about dex on a auradin in a bad idea? I figured it would be decent because all they do is run around and damage everyone anyhow.

DIEnamic

Diabloii.Net Member
it works both ways; there have been many debates but this is how I stand on it.

it doesnt take that much dex to max block with a sacred targe, so why not? normally you would be running all game but due to lag or running out of mana, whatever may happen, you will end up getting hit with charge or tele whirls. charging through a tele whirl will pretty much spell gg for you seeing as you have no DR.

naturally, auradin will destroy most casters, so having a ton of vita isnt necessary. its the barbs and smiters that you will have to worry about therefore having block will help more so than vita.

blocking is capped at 33% while moving, but its better than nothing.

lld-palwolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Ahh so im thinking just 1 into holyshield will be more than enough since max is 33% when chargeing ... + skills from items will boost the HS as well.