Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Dclone hunting sorc?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by scwizard, Aug 6, 2010.

1. scwizard

scwizard IncGamers Member

Best Dclone hunting sorc?

Is the merc really even important? Because I would think that the merc would stupidly eat pink lightning.

I'm thinking that pure cold is the way to go, since you need cold mastery to lower his resists without relying on your merc staying alive, but blizzard or frozen orb?

What are the minimum resists/absorbs you need? And what sort of equipment should you use to help achieve this?

2. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: Best Dclone hunting sorc?

DC is 95% res to all, IIRC (dont feel like looking it up atm lol), and again IIRC is immune to Static. Your best bet is probably either a pure cold sorc for the -res, as you say, or a pure light sorc self-wielding Infinity, using probably CB at pointblank range. You wont 'eat pink lightning' if you're in his face, so you only have to stack up fire and phys defense and a little bit of cold for his cold-hand attack.

Not sure, though, how survivable/viable you'll actually be with such a build, I've only ever done it with a Dracs CBer - which you could do with Sorc and Passion, but that seems to be cheating if your goal is to make a DC hunting sorc :)

As for your merc, it wont survive long without Life Tap on DC; your greatest benefit would probably be to stick Blackhorns and Kelpies on him (for huge Hit Slows Target) with Treachery armor; you can use the Treachery to prebuff yourself and then give it back, he'll attack so much faster, and he only will need to get one hit in to slow down DC permanently for you (unless you log out), even if the merc then subsequently snuffs it.

3. Abakus

Abakus IncGamers Member

I fought UD once, with a lvl 94 pure blizzard tal's set sorc, with mf gears. Merc weilds obedience. Get UD down in 3 minutes singlehandedly, in a 2 ppl game.

4. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

My first Uber D clone kill was well before respecs and it was on a poorly designed tri-elementalist sorc. FCR plays a big role as you typically want to stay mobile as your merc won't last long typically without high end gear and a cta buff.

Cold would be my recommendation as it has a nuke (blizzard or FO) you can fire off then tele and repeat, as well as the inherent -res.

Unless your merc can tank for a little while, lite is a poor choice as it isn't great for fire and run tactics.

While fire has the most consistent damage, without -efr from conviction or gear, its not ideal.

5. camenyogrill

camenyogrill IncGamers Member

What is the process in finding/hunting DClone in the new ladder season?

6. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Blizz would be the best option because of CM. Wouldn't it be a good idea to load your merc with OW and use that in the same way as droid suggested you use slow? Duress and kelpie should do fine

7. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

It isn't to hard to bring him down using lightning if you've got high end stuff. I've killed him using an infinity on self pure lightsorc and that worked quite well.

With lower gear, blizzard is where it is at I'd say. Orb could do too I'm sure, but I've used blizzard successfully using fairly pitiful gear: