Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Comeback Character?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aksama, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Best Comeback Character?

I've taken a break from Diablo 2 for at least a year and a half now, so of course I'm lookin' to break my way back into the Ladder scene. What would you guys suggest to be a primary MF'er that can play it's way through the game (whenever I come back I do every damn quest with at least one char, then I rush later chars)

It'd be something that's fairly versitile (my second build is usually a pure blizz sorc) something I can run MF with at a decent pace, and a build that's not particularly equipment reliant, usually I've made a Barb due to their resiliance, and done a 'Zerker build, and then once I got to hell Pitted for a while to get my EXP, and wealth up.

Think this'd be advisable guys? Hit me with some ideas! Thanks.

OHH yeah, and there was some other site where it was mainly just a forum, and there was such thing as "Forum gold" that you could trade as a type of currency for items and such, anyone remember that site? Because I remember having quite a bit of forum gold (of FG called on there) and that could help me get back on my feet.

2. sjw7

sjw7 IncGamers Member

Try a Summoner Necro to start out with as it can solo hell naked if need be. Cheap and good for MFing as well.

If i were you i would Google '"Forum Gold" Diablo' and see what it comes up with. I know the site you are talking about but i dont think we are allowed to discuss it here. Could be wrong but dont want to incur the wroth of the mods.

3. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

Aren't Summoner's usually painfully slow to work with? I also suppose that I can revise my original statement, I have at least 6-8HR's of resources to work with now, so what would you guys suggest I setup for myself? Maybe a nice Hammerdin? I must admit I've never run one of those before, or perhaps a zealer?

Thanks all.

(Are there any cool/useful 'sin builds? I've never played a sin and I'd like to)

4. sjw7

sjw7 IncGamers Member

My summoner is quick and if you have 6-7hrs to play with it would be easy to kit him out with plenty of good equipment including an enigma so you can teleport and get round even faster.

I played a hammerdin in 1.10 and he was very good although he can be a real pain when your are in an enclosed space.

5. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

I'd suggest a summoner too. They're able to solo anywhere in hell. No space restrictions, no immunities they can't tackle. They're not going to just blaze through every area, but they kill at a pretty standard pace. Just follow the fishymancer guide and you should be fine.

6. Aksama

Aksama IncGamers Member

So despite the fact that I have a few HR's to work with equipment wise I should go with that? Or should I go through with the zerker/pally for building up my wealth.

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

IMO the best comeback character is the strafer. Since we have Faith and Fortitude, she is awesome, although that doesn't quite meet the requirement of not being item dependent. Mine can solo nearly anything in multiplayer games and I even have enough skill points left to make her a hybrid with max LF. Just Baal is a little annoying... and the Ãœbers, I admit. But I have a zealot for that purpose :grin:

8. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Well, let's look at a Hammerdin.
    • Enigma = 2 HRs or so, we'll stick with 2.
    • HotO = 1-2 HRs, we'll stick with 1.5
    • CTA = 1-15 HRs, we'll stick with 2 for a 1-2 BO CTA.
    • Shako = Pul-Um, we'll say Pul since I've seen a couple for that
    • Spirit = Free...maybe a Pul...we'll say Pul...
    That list right there should get you a pretty good Hammerdin for...2+1.5+2+.5=6 HRs. If you decide to go with a HoZ, you're gonna go broke...Spirit is good enough anyways. If you can get that, you can solo pretty much anything...maybe I should add in an Amulet, something like Seraph's Hymn goes for about an HR, so there go all your Runes right off the bat. IDK, I think that HDins are the best all around MF/Rush/PvM characters, just because they're pretty independant once they get going. No mercs needed or anything...but Insight helps...

9. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Major problem with this is that a lotof people consider anni/torch to be important parts of the build... and even if you don't, paladin torches are prohibitively expensive. On east NL, I can snag 3-4 HR for the lowest ones easy. Necro torches you can get 15/15 or better for 1 HR.