Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best claws for Chaos+Fury opinions

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Zpliffman, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Zpliffman

Zpliffman IncGamers Member

Best claws for Chaos+Fury opinions

Hi,
    I was jsut wondering what everyones opinion was of the claw that you make chaos and fury in. What claw do you use and what are the benefits?

I think runic talons are pretty nice since its -30 speed so that would mean that your basicly there at the break point, also the damage is pretty nice.

Please give me your opinion

Thanks

2. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

suwayyah is the best option, highest dmg

3. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

Suwayyah and Scissor Suwayyah would be the best. I believe all claws except for those fist axe thingies will hit the highest breakpoint. Suwayyah and Scissors have similar damage, but the scissors just look incredibly dumb.
    You're not trimming a hedge, you're trying to assassinate somebody.

4. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

WWSins don't really focus on or do very much physical damage, so suwayyah's are not always the best choice. WWSins focus more on venom and open wounds to kill.

Runic Talons and Feral Claws are good if you want to reach 9 frame trap laying, or fast kick (if you're hybrid) with Fade.

However, if you don't plan on traplocking then suwayyah's are good mainly for the lower requirements.

5. Zpliffman

I heard some people say that chaos is bugged with the 2nd mod stats on the claws such as venom is this true or what is the story about that?

6. richo

richo IncGamers Member

well that must have to be new or just as big nocense as the meteor bugg

but i agree mst pple use suyawah or runic talons, and with my old ww-sin it was good, i used suyawah (chaos) and scissors (fury), but i would agree the lowest requirements on youre ww-sin is best and then do most points in vit:)

and the main dmg on a ww-sin = OW and Poison not youre phys dmg from youre claws but if you got good phys dmg that always is useful

rgzzz
    RICHO

7. Abdiel

Abdiel IncGamers Member

Any claw you can make either Chaos or Fury in will automatically reach the last WW break point, they have 35 and 40% IAS respectively as part of the runeword. Thus, that part doesn't matter. Comes down to highest damage in that case unless you are some sort of hybrid and care about non-WW IAS. Damage on claws is low enough in the first place, ya probably really don't want to hurt yourself further by going with less than the most damage ya can rustle up. Note that you CANNOT make Chaos or Fury in a Battle Cestus or War Fist. For some inponderable reason they can only have 2 sockets. WTF etc. but that's how it is.

Suwwayah and Scissors Suwwayah have the exact same average damage. Suwwayah has one less minimum, one more maximum.. Scissors is the other way around.

Suwwayah has 99 strength / 99 dexterity requirements, Scissors is 118 / 118. If ya don't need to hit 118 to wear some other item obviously plain Suwwayah would be easier on the stat points.

Beyond that it's a matter of what you have available to make it in, and looks. Figure out which kind of katar you have that has better mods, or alternatively which one you like looking at more. Or maybe both :scratch:

Thus ends ye tutorial.

8. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Feral Claws/Runic Talons for fastest trap laying speed as said before.

9. Abdiel

Abdiel IncGamers Member

Point, but only IF you're using traps as a primary damage source. And if you're doing that Chaos is sort of an odd choice for a claw I'd think - bit of a waste for runes? Shrug. In any case, if you're mostly WW-ing for damage, you'd want the higher damage claws, not-trap laying speed.

Figure what you'll be doing 80% of the time and chose accordingly.

10. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

It doesn't matter if your traps are level 1 (most ww assassins traps will be level 1) you still want Runic/Feral for fastest trap laying speed. You're using wof to stunlock, not for the damage.

When establishing a stunlock 1 or 2 frames makes a huge difference.

11. Zpliffman

Now does it matter when my claws do not have skills on them?

12. dirty.scorpion

dirty.scorpion Banned

u dont get +skill thats all...try to get +venom or fade...