Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best claw 4 fury or chaos?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by xxtallxx, Feb 17, 2004.

1. xxtallxx

xxtallxx IncGamers Member

best claw 4 fury or chaos?

i traded for a 3 soc runic talon but before i make a fury or chaos in it i wondered if that would be the best choice for those rune words?

2. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

chaos is easier for resale

the newb pub duelers wont want to trade for a fury

3. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

dont make either unless the claw has + skills.

4. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

Runic talons suck for either Fury or Chaos. If you really want to make 1 , make it in a suwayyah or scissor's suwayyah. The 40% IAS makes sure that you need only a lvl 10 BoS for TS / CS / PS attacks , and it still hits the last WW break with both claws (if you're going Chaos / Fury combo).

5. Las-Vegas

Las-Vegas IncGamers Member

you forgot that runics look cooler.

6. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

That's an opinion , no fact. :) I for 1 like the looks of a suwayyah alot more then the looks of a scissor's suwayyah or runic/feral claw.

7. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

actually to my knowledge speed doesnt matter in WW, WW break pts are easy to hit, I say go for a 3 Socket Claw that gives you bonuses to BOS, Venom, Dragon Flight, Claw Block things like that.

8. Las-Vegas

actually for ww the speed matters a lot, but not for claws.
    every claw that you would want to (or actually, every claw that you can) put it in hits the bp.

all the claws do about the same dmg, its not like you would hinder your build by using runics or make your build 10x better by using a suwayyah.

and it is so a fact luna :|
    you're one of those left handed people, aren't you? :wink2:

9. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I second the comment above about looking for +skills, I have mine in a suwayyah with +skills, it's not a superior so the repair cost is a joke, like 50k for a full repair. but the +to dragon flight means I don't have to put points in it or any of it's prereq's, the +to weapon block on my claw is great to boost that skill and the +to charged bolt sentry is just gravy. so unless you have so many fal+ohm+um's that you don't know what to do with them, (and if you do.. slide them my way:)) I'd suggest waiting to make it in a claw that has skills that will benifit you. just my 2 cents.

10. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

I am lefthanded yes.

And the difference in dmg is there.

runic talons = 24-44 (34 average).
    Suwayyah = 40-51 (45,5).
    That's quite some more dmg. That's almost 1/3 more dmg with a suwayyah then with a runic talon. And for me that is quite a big deal.

11. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Plus the doesn't the suwayyah have lower req?

12. Snarlin Stef

scissor suwayyah and suwayyh both do the same dmg and the same speed etc.. one has a higher level req... one looks cooler...

its just preference of which comes along your way first with the + skills you want.... personaly i like scissor suwayyah..

yesterday i found a GREAT claw for fury.. +2 Shadow master + 2 Blade Fury +1 shadow Warrior. too bad it was ina suwayyah instead of scissor suwayyah ;)

anyways despite the "look" of the claw not being my favorite... its still a great claw. and ill use it for my fury.

thnx
    stef

13. Las-Vegas

its not that huge of a deal that it would impact your build

shade449: yes they do. the 'best' claw to use is a "Suwayyah" it has the lowest reqs and the highest avg dmg (along with scissors) of the claws.
    Feral Claws have the highest max dmg, but also the lowest min dmg. personally, I dont care about the low avg dmg because they just look so damn sexy.

but for comparison purposes, any claw will do fine, theres no huge difference in dmg in any of the claws and it would be best to make it in a claw that has better +skills, ragardless of the type.

14. Snarlin Stef

also lets make the point here that OW and venom are the real killers here... phys dmg 2nd

15. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

If your claw has 11,5 base difference in dmg this means with a 340% ed claw you have a difference of 50 dmg on the claw itself. That's alot to me. After all %ed this means at least 250 to 300 more dmg.

Every little bit of more dmg helps , even if it's physical. And an extra 250 to 300 dmg is always better then not getting that extra dmg.

16. Las-Vegas

the numbers are much lower when you apply it to chaos.. it would not be more than 200 extra dmg from the most extreme numbers, and thats not a big deal for pvp. because phy dmg is the smallest part of your dmg.

basically, if you want 'the best' claw you would make a Suwayyah, but they all have about the same dmg and it will not make or break your build if you make it in another claw.

it will, however, make or break your build if you put it in a suwayyah with no mods just because its a suwayyah when you have another pair of claws that have +3 shadow +3 dragon flight and +3 mind blast. but you use the suwayyah anyway, because it has a little bit more dmg.