Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best cheap sorc build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by shazbot, Jun 27, 2010.

1. shazbot

shazbot IncGamers Member

Best cheap sorc build

Hi, so I've never ran a sorc before and was looking through the guide to see what kind to get, and I wasn't sure exactly what would be the best kind of build for someone who wouldn't be able to get the best gear, and wasn't sure which guides were still relevant after the new patches. Can someone point me out to something that wouldn't require too much high level gear? And among the skills, fire/ice/lightning, which is the best combo for 8 player hell games? Thanks.

2. Pailon

Pailon IncGamers Member

Re: Best cheap sorc build

Well there is the constant reference of the "Meteorb" Sorc. Great for 8 players (personal experience with the code /players8 by myself) But is a pain to cast meteor on fast CI enemies. I recomend this build due to it being, at least what i've heard, a relitivaly decent untwinked char. I've been using my Hydraspike (Hydra with Glacial Spike) because Frozen Orb and Hydra share cooldowns) and so far it's doing fine. Considering I'm lv 41 in NM (haven't used in a bit.....) it'll take a hydra to take out mabye 5-7 enemies. If your looking easy Meteorb is supposebly easy, just not for me anyway, Or just look in the guides like you did earlier. Look for one that says it's a cheap build

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

You can also use Fireball spam on CI monsters, depending on your playstyle some Meteorb sorcs almost never cast meteor, instead they use fireball as the primary fire attack.

4. Kurogane

Kurogane IncGamers Member

The Meteorb's main skill is Fireball. Meteor is just there to make FB stronger.

If by 8 player games you mean 8 actual players, some of which will join you going through Hell then I'd say the best cheap build is Blizzard. Great area damage, and anything CI can be dealt by other people. Unless you have a Paladin who's nice enough to turn on Conviction, then a pure Light sorc is a good alternative.

And as an added bonus, Blizzard is a pretty efficient Act Boss (Meph in particular) farmer for someone on a budget.