Best Cheap Insight for Merc?

JoJo

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Cheap Insight for Merc?

I plan on being lvl 70-80, and my as well.

What would be the most cost effective INSIGHT 4 socket polearm to use?

Thanks in advane for answers if I do not reply :)
 

sorcyone

Banned
JoJo said:
I plan on being lvl 70-80, and my as well.

What would be the most cost effective INSIGHT 4 socket polearm to use?

Thanks in advane for answers if I do not reply :)
Assuming this is for your merc, eth any of the elite polearms that can have 4 sockets which is Colossus Voulge, Thresher, Cryptic Axe, Great Poleaxe, Giant Thresher. The Colossus Voulge is the easiest to get since it is the only one that has a maximum of 4 sockets if you find an unsocketed eth one then either Larzuk (always) or cube formula (50%chance) will give you 4 sockets, although this is the least attractive because of the high strength req.
I would say Cryptic Axe would be the best choice - highest damage and almost lowest reqs.

It is an awesome merc weapon, the crit hit is about the same and 40% deadly strike. The formula is cheap enough to keep making one until you get a high ed and high meditation level. I think it is the the ideal weapon for MF sorceress since you never run out of mana it makes MF runs much faster.
 

JoJo

Diabloii.Net Member
sorcyone said:
Assuming this is for your merc, eth any of the elite polearms that can have 4 sockets which is Colossus Voulge, Thresher, Cryptic Axe, Great Poleaxe, Giant Thresher. The Colossus Voulge is the easiest to get since it is the only one that has a maximum of 4 sockets if you find an unsocketed eth one then either Larzuk (always) or cube formula (50%chance) will give you 4 sockets, although this is the least attractive because of the high strength req.
I would say Cryptic Axe would be the best choice - highest damage and almost lowest reqs.

It is an awesome merc weapon, the crit hit is about the same and 40% deadly strike. The formula is cheap enough to keep making one until you get a high ed and high meditation level. I think it is the the ideal weapon for MF sorceress since you never run out of mana it makes MF runs much faster.
1.) What is level req for insight?
2.) What is 4 socket recipe formula?
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type

If you use this recipee you'll get a random amount of sockets, just hope for 4...Larzuk will always give you the maximum amounts of sockets if it's an ethereal weapon.

I'm not sure about the lvl req...but since the runes are so low it'll probably be the base item type that will determine it...48 for Colossus Voulge and 59 for Cryptic Axe...I'd go Cryptic axe like Sorcyone said.
 

sorcyone

Banned
Chimaira said:
1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type

If you use this recipee you'll get a random amount of sockets, just hope for 4...Larzuk will always give you the maximum amounts of sockets if it's an ethereal weapon.

I'm not sure about the lvl req...but since the runes are so low it'll probably be the base item type that will determine it...48 for Colossus Voulge and 59 for Cryptic Axe...I'd go Cryptic axe like Sorcyone said.
Yep. I also should have mentioned I wouldn't ever use up Larzuk for Insight because he will only give you 4 sockets on the Col Voulge and as I mentioned its the easiest one to find (if it's already socketed you have about 50% chance it already has 4 sockets) and it's the worst because of the high strength req. For some reason I find eth Col Voulge quite often, including a Superior one (extra durability doh).
Note the recipe randomises 1-6 then reduces the number to match the maximum sockets which is why a Col Voulge has 50% chance for 4 sockets.
 

JoJo

Diabloii.Net Member
sorcyone said:
Yep. I also should have mentioned I wouldn't ever use up Larzuk for Insight because he will only give you 4 sockets on the Col Voulge and as I mentioned its the easiest one to find (if it's already socketed you have about 50% chance it already has 4 sockets) and it's the worst because of the high strength req. For some reason I find eth Col Voulge quite often, including a Superior one (extra durability doh).
Note the recipe randomises 1-6 then reduces the number to match the maximum sockets which is why a Col Voulge has 50% chance for 4 sockets.
DO you find them quite often enough to give me one? lol.
 

nightaswz

Diabloii.Net Member
strange.. doesnt the eth CV have the most damage of all the elite polearms? Since a merc can easily hit 200 strength with a few +strength, im assuming this would be best for infinity and insight
 

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
a colossal voulge has 210 str req. its hard to hit, but i keep a few +str armors/helms around expressly for that purpose.

EDIT: i just checked the items i use, gris armor has +20 str, duriels shell has +15 str, orphans call's winged helm has +15 str. i also keep the +str jewels i find. a few of them are worth socketing in the gris armor so i can use the colossal voulge and tals helm earlier.

and i checked arreats summit, a colossal voulge has the highest max dmg, but only 91 average dmg. cryptic axe has 91.5 average dmg. its the highest in that respect.
 

sorcyone

Banned
mathil said:
a colossal voulge has 210 str req. its hard to hit, but i keep a few +str armors/helms around expressly for that purpose.

EDIT: i just checked the items i use, gris armor has +20 str, duriels shell has +15 str, orphans call's winged helm has +15 str. i also keep the +str jewels i find. a few of them are worth socketing in the gris armor so i can use the colossal voulge and tals helm earlier.

and i checked arreats summit, a colossal voulge has the highest max dmg, but only 91 average dmg. cryptic axe has 91.5 average dmg. its the highest in that respect.
The problem with using items like the set winged helm is you now have no leech. You really have to have leech in your helm since the runeword gives none.
The eth col voulge only needs 200 strength. This is easily achieved at high levels, but at lower levels, where you really need the meditation aura you are stuffed. Do not forget to factor in the weapon speed too. The lesser damage polearms have better speed meaning all the polearms are good.

The Thresher is very attractive since it is only level 53 with str/dex req of 152/118.
You can also make Insight in an exceptional polearm usable from only level 27 !!! An eth exceptional polearm has almost as much damaage as an elite. An eth Partizan would be best, having a base of 81.5 damage (54.5 * 1.5)! If you roll 260%ed you get a polearm level 27 with average damage of 293 and about 40% deadly strike from the crit hit. You should always look out for eth Partizans !!
 
Top