Best charms to reroll?

Ok, should I try and reroll:
ilvl 50 GCs - skill charms
ilvl 42 scs - fine
ilvl 47 scs - 5% res all
ilvl 54 scs - 10-11% resist or 5% res all
ilvl 61 scs - 7% mfscs / vita
ilvl 94 scs - massive elemental damage

I only have about 150 pgems now, but I suppose I will try and trade away all my unused items for more. I'd also like to take into consideration trade value.

I'm thinking that ilvl 61 charms are going to be my best bet, but I also know that I should get a resist charm cubing ilvl 54 charms about 1 out of every 20 rerolls.

Your opinions?

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally I'd look up the ilvl for res all grand charms. Reason being that if you get lucky there you get the resis of 3 small ones for the Pgems of one. If I needed skill charms I'd probably cube ilvl 50 charms, I know they can also spawn shimmering. Dunno if they can spawn shimmering of vita, though. Then again, that's clvl 69 requirements and I might want some shimmering charms in NM already.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Grrr...

Small Charm of Vita
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 39
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 64
Fingerprint: 0x72e4e4a2
+20 to Life

From bonesaw breaker or whatever his name is on my first run. I'm trying to reroll charms, and can you believe it, diablo is going to just give me good ones :D

NeckRomancer

Diabloii.Net Member
from the talk here in the SPF a few months back, it seems rolling GCs for skillers gives you the best in terms of investment (i.e time and pgems) return.

I think someone did try rolling SCs and wasn't very happy with the amount of pgems spent to get a decent SC. :)

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Great Marsh & Flayer Jungle are alvl 50. You know, the areas everyone keeps complaining about?

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Nacaa said:
Where do one get ilvl50 Grand Charms?
There is a very little difference between ilvl 50 and ilvl 99 GC (talking about prefixes) So you can reroll whatever the charm you have with ilvl >=50.
AFAIK it's 22 rerolls for skiller with ilvl 50 and 23 rerolls for ilvl 99 GC.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Ilvl 99 Grand Charms also have a chance to get 'of Vita' instead of the boring old 'of Sustenance.' That's almost worth that extra few pgems per skiller trade-off, if Hrus' calculations are correct.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
There is a very little difference between ilvl 50 and ilvl 99 GC (talking about prefixes) So you can reroll whatever the charm you have with ilvl >=50.
AFAIK it's 22 rerolls for skiller with ilvl 50 and 23 rerolls for ilvl 99 GC.
Useless prefixes between 50 and 99...

Bloody +3 To Minimum Damage Large Charms(75)
Serrated +3 To Maximum Damage Large Charms(67)
Lucky +1-12% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items Large Charms(21)[1-4](38)[5-7](55)[8-12]

There are 73 prefixes total, 21 skiller prefixes, so if I use Ilvl 50-55 GCs I have a 30% chance of rerolling a skiller, right? That seems really high, but I dont know

Nacaa

Diabloii.Net Member
Did a few rerolls with ilvl50-56 charms. Maybe around 30. Gained a +lightning sorc charm and an charm with +7%frw and 125 ar. Pretty satisfied.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
skoolbus said:
Useless prefixes between 50 and 99...

Bloody +3 To Minimum Damage Large Charms(75)
Serrated +3 To Maximum Damage Large Charms(67)
Lucky +1-12% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items Large Charms(21)[1-4](38)[5-7](55)[8-12]

There are 73 prefixes total, 21 skiller prefixes, so if I use Ilvl 50-55 GCs I have a 30% chance of rerolling a skiller, right? That seems really high, but I dont know
The prefixes have not the same frequency. Do you think that every 3rd GC is a skiller? (30% as you said) Most of the prefixes have frequency 4 while the skiller prefixes have only 1.
For more info check the affix calculator :GC affixes

@chickenhead: No, it is in NM.

NeckRomancer

Diabloii.Net Member
someone mentioned back then that he got a skill GC every 7 rerolls (21 pgems) on average. of course, that included the very popular Hexing and Preserver GCs. :D

cft

Diabloii.Net Member
NeckRomancer said:
someone mentioned back then that he got a skill GC every 7 rerolls (21 pgems) on average. of course, that included the very popular Hexing and Preserver GCs. :D
Wow, either you are remembering wrong, or someone got Very lucky. My skillers have been more like 1+ per load of gems (10x4 minus cube plus about half a stash, so say about 60 gems)

That fits roughly, if you are misremembering 21 gems instead of 21 attempts (63 gems)

I like *all* skillers. So far I have 3 summon tree skillers (all for druid, none for necro :lol: )

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been alternating re-rolling GC's for skillers and magical jewels hoping for a nice -15% reqs, 15% res all. I wouldn't mind some 40/15's too. :thumbsup:

It's frustrating when you get a crap roll.

I've taken someone's idea (sorry, can't give credit but it was from someone in the rune-cuber thread awhile back) where you just stash your charm/jewel along with your flawless gems. I put 'em on the left side. Once I get 3 flawless I cube to perfect. Once I get 3 perfect I try for a re-roll.

It's makes managing my pgem stash much more effective.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Was just going around killing stuff with my freezalot, and after like 3 rerolls, I had this. It started as a 44 life charm, but that's crap. Should I keep this? or keep going.

Spiritual Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xdd1caa5e
+25 to Life
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

I don't know if shape-shifting is any good, as I don't play many druids.

NeckRomancer

Diabloii.Net Member
skoolbus said:
Was just going around killing stuff with my freezalot, and after like 3 rerolls, I had this. It started as a 44 life charm, but that's crap. Should I keep this? or keep going.

Spiritual Grand Charm of Sustenance
Required Level: 42
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xdd1caa5e
+25 to Life
+1 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

I don't know if shape-shifting is any good, as I don't play many druids.
I suggest you keep it, and look for another crappy GC to reroll. +25 life is still a good 2nd mod.

NeckRomancer

Diabloii.Net Member
cft said:
That fits roughly, if you are misremembering 21 gems instead of 21 attempts (63 gems)
That may well be the case. But I recall it wasn't as bad as 21 rerolls. Maybe 20. :lol:

I think I'll find out as well. I plan to reroll GCs in the next few days.

@bill_n_opus : what's your comment on rerolling jewels? Is it worth it or a waste of time and pgems? :)

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been rerolling sc's with ilvl >= 66 looking for those fine sc's of vita, and the legendary, often-duped (on bnet) 3/20/20. Post one of those suckers in a FT list and TC 87's will rain from the skies. :lol: