Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Charm to Reroll?????

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Vasilisxxx, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Vasilisxxx

Vasilisxxx IncGamers Member

Best Charm to Reroll?????

Hi...When i am of hunting for charms in late Hell, what charms should i be looking for? I mean, what charms pay off best? The Gc, that can have nice +1 skills and huge life sufixes, or the small charms?

I am not very rich (at the moment :D) so i have like 60 P gems to roll for. What charms should i reroll? Small or Grand? I am not hoping to get freaky awsome charms for my 60 Pgems, but if i would like to make a profit(From a bit of luck ofcorse)... What charm should i use?

Plz help :D

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I'd say a grand charm. THey more often turn out good, at least I think so.
    Even a grand charm that has +1 pala combat is worth quite a bunch, and that is without extra mods...
    You dont really need to reroll baalcharms, since they can have +41-45 life instead of up to +40life as the most other hellcharms can have. Even a +40 life skiller is worth a whole bunch, so keep on rolling :p

3. Vasilisxxx

Vasilisxxx IncGamers Member

Sounds Gooood :D . Thanks LorverN.
    Somebody that thinks that small charms are better? :)

4. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

I'll try this again, since the last time i posted to this thread, IE stopped responding and had to close down. :rant: Aside from that, the gist of what i was saying is that i suggest rolling charms found in lvl 85 areas (pits, rof, wsk, ancient tunnels, etc). I prefer to roll small charms as they are easier to maneuver in your inventory. Even the bad ones may turn out good for lower characters. The only bonus to grand charms really are the + skill mod. But with synergies the way they are today, having 15k hammers as opposed to 10 or 11k hammers are a little bit overkill in my opinion. Not to mention its a LOT cheaper to have tons of life using small charms of vita then to have an inventory full of 40+ life skillers. But thats just my opinion.

Good luck with the rollin'.

GargonCerlan :drink: :buddies:

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i answered this a few days ago, but the basic idea is this:

you are more likely to get usable charms from smalls than grands, and if you luck out, there are very few extremely valuable grands but quite a few valuable smalls. for example:
    almost all pd sc's over 50 are usable, but only pestilent gc's are.
    all res: one of the rare cases where grand=small.
    max damage: the only case where grand can exceed small for the same affix, 10+ max gc's are relatively common, all the way up to 14 max for dual affix.
    mf: small > grand.
    fhr: small > grand.

also, if you are in dire need of skill gc's, think about how many unusable skill gc's you will see, such as pally defensive auras, and then think about how many of these will have godly 2nd affixes, such as 40 life.

so, the best bet would be to cube smalls and trade the good ones for skill gc's.

6. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

60 is a good start, but statictically, your likely to get 1 charm from 60 (lvl 75ish and higher charms usually roll a skiller about 1 in 20 rolls).

i know hte charm rolling addiction well, and i full 7 mules totaly full (about 600 charms) and ill roll 10 gcs until i have skillers or zero pgems. they go fast, and even tho i generally have a handful of nice skillers (some crap), all im left with is the thirst for more pgems. :)

7. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

+40 life skiller is worh a lot but a +45 life skiller is worth 4 -5 times as much if the skiller is a palacombat, fireskiller, coldskiller, elementalskiller, P&B skiller, javaskiller, WC-skiller, trapskiller, and many more! People tend to pay a lot for perfect items! fireskiller +45 life went for 20 HR:s (ber,lo, ohm, jah) so the difference is big! If u find BGC reroll them untill u get a usefull skiller...but rerolling for +40 life is not easy....

/Dec

8. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I know the increase in value is extremely high from 40 -> 45 life, but my point was that even a skiller with 40life is worth a whole lot. Even if its just a semi-useful skillertype, you could trade it for a complete decent equip for almost any character.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

IMO you shouldn't reroll charms if you aren't rich. It's like gambling. Don't gamble if it will cost all of your wealth. If you have 60 pgems to spare, better try to get a nice rune to create your own runeword, for example.

10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

60 pgems won't buy a high end rune on USWest Ladder.

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Keeping 60 pgems is annoying as well, since you have to mule them. Just burning three at a time on a GC is more time efficient.

12. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That's why I wrote "nice rune" and not "high rune" :p If most of your wealth consists of 60 pgems, e.g. Um is a nice rune and you can make a Crescent Moon runeword from it, for example. You might as well gather a few more gems, buy Mal and make an Oath weapon or buy an average one for the gems.