Best Characters in SPF

Mankey

Diabloii.Net Member
Best is a realative term. And one I dont' think anyone can achive, some one can always do better.

Be more specific maybe?

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
Wasn't someone working on the complete list of hell viable/hell possible builds and wasn't it to be put in the FAQ's or something?

Here's ONE but I thought there was a final list made. Perhaps I'm wrong. :D

JicamaEater

Diabloii.Net Member
TheNix said:
Wasn't someone working on the complete list of hell viable/hell possible builds and wasn't it to be put in the FAQ's or something?

TAKE 3
Maybe...but even that is quite subjective. Certainly jiansonz's swordmaiden build (Sapphidia) from the Tankazon Tourney II is hell viable (as of last update, in Kurast) but for most players it would take either skills or items they may not have. Properly equipped, most builds can handle Hell.

The only way to really do it is to set up scales of safety and power in Hell, and (as Nightfish and I seem to agree) the two are somewhat linked (especially LE's. The less hits it takes to kill them the less dangerous they are). A hammerdin would be very high on power and pretty high on safety, while AE's Fire Druid would be low on power and high on safety.

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Dark Bushido said:
I am meaning WHO has the best character in the SPF - the most Uber character?
Strijdje no doubt, as he has the only legit lvl 99 character on 1.10 SP. Last I heard, he had a second character up to 98, and should hit 99 over the summer some time, provided that he takes some time off from WoW to play d2.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess you didn't understand others are saying. There is no BEST char, so how could someone have something that dosen't exist?

Muay Thai Warrior

Diabloii.Net Member
kabal said:
Strijdje no doubt, as he has the only legit lvl 99 character on 1.10 SP. Last I heard, he had a second character up to 98, and should hit 99 over the summer some time, provided that he takes some time off from WoW to play d2.
To satisfy my curiosity, what character is(blizzsorc, skilliemancer, wind druid, ww barb...)?

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Well when the guy says "uber character" I assume he means the character that can quickly plow through everything without breaking a sweat. IMO that's not very subjective at all, and it's certainly a question that has a answer.

Edit: Strij's 99 char was a windy, and his 98 char is a wolfbarb.

Sleepless

Diabloii.Net Member
Muay Thai Warrior said:
To satisfy my curiosity, what character is(blizzsorc, skilliemancer, wind druid, ww barb...)?
The 99'er is a wind druid and the 98's is a wolfbarb with 14k life. Feel free to correct me though.

I do not see what is so hard about my question.

Okay. Let me change it then, as the previous one is difficult.

Which characters in the SPF are the best equipment wise etc. They do not have to kill in milliseconds.

I am not doing this as some b.net penis extension thing. I am just curious. The SPF nominations thread got me wondering about an Uber Character award.

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Dark Bushido said:
I do not see what is so hard about my question.

Okay. Let me change it then, as the previous one is difficult.

Which characters in the SPF are the best equipment wise etc. They do not have to kill in milliseconds.
If you put it this way, probably sincere's zealot.

botd in a .07 zerk axe
engima
exile vortex shield
CoA

The only reason the rest aren't filled with TC87's is they don't have any MF, and he mf with it.

Mine is pretty close, sans enigma.

botd zerk
coh
coa
exile vortex
steelrend
soe
gore
highlord's
raven
dual leech/ar/resist

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
NSXdreamer said:
If you put it this way, probably sincere's zealot.

botd in a .07 zerk axe
engima
exile vortex shield
CoA

The only reason the rest aren't filled with TC87's is they don't have any MF, and he mf with it.

Mine is pretty close, sans enigma.

botd zerk
coh
coa
exile vortex
steelrend
soe
gore
highlord's
raven
dual leech/ar/resist
my zealot just cried

deathcleaver 6% off perfect
stone 2100 defense
Hoz
BK ring 5LL
raven 20/240
gores
steelrends +40ed
delerium
highlords
Tgods

edit although i am closing in on an exile

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
How can you people get jah, ber, zod, and ohm runes? Finding even one is nearly impossible, but you have at least 4...

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Hellforge rushing? Clearing Act 5 on p8?

BotD and Enigma/CoH is pretty impressive though. Damn...

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
skoolbus said:
How can you people get jah, ber, zod, and ohm runes? Finding even one is nearly impossible, but you have at least 4...
There's a huge difference between nearly impossible and impossible. Personally I've had chars running in Hell for about 8 months now (and I don't mean just reached Hell, I run Hell areas almost exclusively). So far I've found two runes beyond Hellforge runes and am more than halfway to a Ohm off my countess runs.

I think that this is not unreasonable, a nice rune every 4 months. That means that these guys would have been running for 2 - 3 years which, I suspect, is probably correct.

If you search the usernames you find the two posters are old members. So they're probably full of surprises.

Interesting as to who the richer players are. Is there a list of rich benefactors us 'others' can scrape off?