Best character?

kdent

Diabloii.Net Member
Best character?

Alright...I got on battle net last night, thanks for the advice guys. But now I have another question: what character should I do? I want a guy that I can level with well without having to have the best gear, after all I did just start last night....

yxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. I would start with sorceress too because she can teleport, so you can MF later.

I think leveling is not hard for any char.

Play normally till l25, then do baal run with some nice guys.

For me, normal baal run 25-50, NM baal run 51-75, then hell, done.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that a summoner necro would also be a nice pick. Skills are straightforward (All the skeletons, mages, mastery you can manage, revives, and a golem, plus whatever curses float your boat), AND those skills are available from level 1. Blizzard/meteorb socs are fun, and effective, but believe me, they're a pain to get through those first few levels. Plus they need a decent merc to tank for'em if you're not going twinked.

IN_FLAMES

Banned
yxx said:
Yes. I would start with sorceress too because she can teleport, so you can MF later.

I think leveling is not hard for any char.

Play normally till l25, then do baal run with some nice guys.

For me, normal baal run 25-50, NM baal run 51-75, then hell, done.
That way is MAD slow boyee.

Level 1-5 normal play

Level 5-15 Tristram runs

Level 15-20 Tomb runs

Level 20-24 Cow runs

Level 24 Ancients

Level 25-40 Normal Baal runs

Level 40-65 Nightmare baal runs

Level 65-99 Hell baal runs.

Depending on gear.. Most people go to 42 in normal for occy/lidless/arreats/titans/bartucs/lycander/homonculus/jalals etc.

bolo1122

Diabloii.Net Member
IN_FLAMES said:

Level 1-5 normal play

Level 5-15 Tristram runs

Level 15-20 Tomb runs

Level 20-24 Cow runs

Level 24 Ancients

Depending on gear.. Most people go to 42 in normal for occy/lidless/arreats/titans/bartucs/lycander/homonculus/jalals etc.
I agree with flames. his outline/flowchart works best on bnet, one ive been following for a long while now.

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
IN_FLAMES said:

Level 1-5 normal play

Level 5-15 Tristram runs

Level 15-20 Tomb runs

Level 20-24 Cow runs

Level 24 Ancients

yup thats how i lvl up except for 1 small fact missing here. i believe it is lvl 17 req for u to do tomb runs so i do em from 17-20, then cows and on. ;)

druliusCleaver

Diabloii.Net Member
My advice is to try several char classes in normal at least into act 5. See which ones you enjoy playing. Don't take any rushes, complete all quests, and clear all areas.

Once you figure out which character classes you enjoy playing, consult the build guides and look for the "untwinked" builds that can do well in hell. Whether you decide to twink (import gear into the char's possession) or not is up to you, but an untwinked build means the built char can be played (easily or not) through Hell mode using only gear the char has personally picked up.

Useratuaer

Diabloii.Net Member
BlahBlahAsia said:
Nah, Easiest char has got to be Concentrate Barb! and the best looking!
:clap:
This argument could go on for ever. Anyways Why 1-5 normal playGo straight to trist runs good exp there for lvl 1's. Also why trist to 15? Also good exp in tomb runs at lvl 13. Now about your question, there are of course a thousand anwsers for this. But here are some good characters(IN MY OPINION) that can level easy deal decent damage and can do pretty good without awesome gear would be:
Wind Element Druid
Any sorc but in specific Fireball/Blizzard
Summon necros
Trap assassins

All these characters can(in my opinion) do well without the best gear but are complemented nicely with good gear =).