Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BEST character for killing DIABLO CLONE?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by the pow wow, Mar 26, 2004.

1. the pow wow

the pow wow Banned

BEST character for killing DIABLO CLONE?

ive met up with him four times and he always beats the heck out of me! ive read many posts and i dont know what build i should try next

1: double swing barb with crushing blow?
    2: zeal pally with crushing blow?
    3: fury druid with crushing blow?

which one is the best?

the best weapon to use is a five ber one shael phase blade right?

thanks guys!

2. CakeM1xx

CakeM1xx IncGamers Member

My frenzy barb with duel botds owned him with 5 other people in the game.

3. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I've heard a Dtalon Assasin works well, and a SnowTrooper (FrostZealot) works well. I did see in one post 2 guys went ape sh*t aboout how a Frost Pally with Smite and a ton of crushing blow beat the b'jeezus out of Dclone.

4. the pow wow

the pow wow Banned

Well I seriously don't see how you can smite faster than you can zeal, double swing or fury?

5. FistOfHeaven

FistOfHeaven IncGamers Member

My lvl 90 Hammerdin totally annihlates Dclone......if you have the right equipment then he is a piece of cake, my pally does 13k hammer damage without any combat or offensive charms. Just tele up 2 him and start casting, FCR is huge when fighting dclone as with a hammerdin you wont be able to stop him from regenerating so the faster the hammers come out the less time he has to regenerate before u kill him. My pally with complete godly(perfect hoto,enigma(not really neccisary vs dclone),shako,hoz,2soj,29maras) killed a Dclone solo with 5 ppl in game in 30 seconds.

6. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

Hammerdin or Zealot seem to be the easiest choices.

A Zealot with good resists, some crushing blow/deadly strike, Prevent Monster Heal, and Lifetap destroys D Clone. Life tap allows you to leech, PMH owns his regen, resists allow you to take his elemental attacks and laugh, and Crushing/Deadly Strike increases your kill time tremendously.

The gear on every Hammerdin is very similar, so there is no real discussion for it.

My Zealot is geared to own D Clone quickly, and easily.

Level 92 Zealot Holy_Flayer

'08 Gaze
    Dusk Chains of Honor
    Ber'd Stormlash
    260% Eth Zakarum Exile 30 Resists
    Gore Riders
    Thundergod's Vigor
    Laying of Hands
    Raven Frost
    Angelic Ammy + Ring

I have 80/80/85/75 Resists, 550% Damage to Demons, as well as 68% Crushing Blow.

I can take him solo in about 35 seconds, 40 with another person in the game.

Remember, the most important things to killing D Clone with melee is Resists and Prevent Monster Heal. With a Hammerdin, just keep casting and use Rejuvs as needed.

7. 2_fingers

2_fingers IncGamers Member

may sound a little noob but do hammers have crushing blow? do the little flying hammers actually do crushing blow with a cb set up?

8. FatalError

FatalError IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Flat Out

My Lvl ** Hammerdin
    13k Hammers
    14k Defense

Hammers are not subject to the following:
    Physical Immunity
    Physical Defense
    Magical Immunity
    Any Resistances

Not to mention that each hammer interrupts diablo, so if you can position correctly he'll likely never hit you, easy clone kill

becomes a joke w/ a sorc nearby holding static down btw

edit: fist of heavens 13k is impossible without charms, without charms i'm 10k and i have the max +skills on every part of my character (what you have + arachnid belt)

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Hammers are subject to immunity to magic. However, this does not count for undead and the only non-undead being immune to magic are the yellow yetis in the Forgotten Temple etc. in act 3 hell. In fact, the hammerdin is helpless against them. This is where his merc comes into play ;)

10. FatalError

FatalError IncGamers Member

oh, i had just assumed magic immunity did'nt work, never ran into one of those yeti's, in which case i would just TP around it if i did =]

11. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

My hammerdin only does 6K per hammer and the Clone heals at about that rate (assuming being his health bar never goes down!)

And yes I was hitting him with the hammers.

Now once I gave my merc items that had "prevents monster heal" I could kill the clone.

But flat out my lvl80 IK concentration barb killed the clone single handedly in a 2 person game in around a minute.

12. AntiLifer

AntiLifer IncGamers Member

my dtalon crushing blow assasin litterally kicked the sh*t out of d clone in a 5 player game in about 2 mins, took so long cos the other players were making him run after them and we had not sorc to static :(, but i got the anni so im happy :p

EDIT:
    haveing fire absorb making this guy a joke. i used 2 dwarf stars and rising sun ammy and he was almost healing me when he did the fire nova thing (i was taking like 20-50 damamge only, and wit my leech of 24% (think its 6% or so in hell) i leeched it back with my first kick)

anti out..

13. methuselah

methuselah IncGamers Member

Is there any chance a sorc can kill him ? :scratch:

14. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

IK barb does fine too - WW or conc

15. royalesse

probably... the hammerdin post seems to give a hint how. You'll probably need some -resist stuff though & some PMH on your merc.

16. royalesse

It's not... In fact it tops out at 6 frames... what it does do though is it always hits. So even though zeal, double swing, dtalon, fury and all those other attacks are faster... Smite kills faster since it always hits and the others may whiff a few times.

17. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

hammer dmg is blocked by immune to magic, but the dmg to undead helps a lot, not in d2 clone's case tho

18. the pow wow

the pow wow Banned

i think diablo has passive skills like evade? cause i could've sworn that smite doesnt hit always

19. royalesse

Uber D is only 50% magic resistant (my bad... comes out curt and crass, you probably already knew that but for those of you who didn't know: Alex! I'll take state the freakin obvious for $200.)

He also has 50% chance to block (So yeah I guess in that case it doesn't always hit but that's more of a technicality since he'll also block all those other attacks as well. In fact it probably makes smite more effective since you'll need to swing once for him to block and then it is critical to land the next few hits while his block is recovering.)

20. ProxRB

ProxRB IncGamers Member

What about a PnB Necro? I was thinking Wall/Prison him so he cant move, Get a PMH item, High resists, and good 'ol Bone Spear. It seems to work on anything else from Baal, to Diablo, to my so called "friend" LB who has a tendency of jacking my items...