Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best char for mf?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sharakorr, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

Best char for mf?

I have an mf hammerdin in progress for doing hell pindle runs, but i'm wondering if thats really the best char for mfing. What do u ppl think?

2. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

The most popular choices for mfing seem to be the Hammerdin and the Fishymancer for general mfing and the MeteOrb Sorc for Meph running. Some forum members also reported good results while using a StrafeZon or a PoisonMancer.

I'm currently using a MeteOrb Sorc for running Hell Meph, and that works really fine. I think you'll find that Baal and the Pit (or other lvl 85 areas) are better targets than Pindle. Meph drops more than Pindle to, but can't drop the very high items.

All this is assuming that you play 1.10. :)

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Huorn already mentioned all best MFers :)

Hammerdin is just awesome, especially for Pit. For Mephy I use Meteorb sorc and for Baal I have Fishymancer with teleport ammy. Thats all I need

4. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

I run using an MF Hammerdin, they are good but have weak points to do with the way those sneaky 'ol monsters often seem to know where the weak spots are in your hammerfield.

For MF, there is a better build in town, especially for places like The Pits, CS and WSK, namely the Mage Paladin.

There is a guide in the Paladin Forum but here are the basics
    20 Holy Bolt
    20 Blessed Hammer
    20 Concentration
    20 FoH
    20 Blessed Aim (Max this last)

Rest of your skill points for prereqs.

Although you need 100 skill points for the main skills, the build is very effective even before you have maxed out.

It works because Demons and Undead cannot resist FoH damage unless they are LI and you have BH for them. Undead get chopped up good by the HB spray from FoH and undead cannot resist HB damage.

Holy Bolt can also be used to heal your merc or party members. Golems can be healed by HB unfortunately the powers that be deem friendly undead (Necro summons) to be beyond help so the healing will not work however no damage is done either.

5. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

The best MF character is the one you enjoy playing the most.

If you're going to run through the same monsters over and over, it might as well be with a character you have fun with ;)

6. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

ok i think i'm gonna max blessed hammer, blessed aim, vigor, concentrate, FoH and Holy Shield if i have enuf points. :winner:

7. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

amen to that brother, :thumbsup:

8. ][ridium

][ridium IncGamers Member

hehe im hapy using my strafezon for mf, got around 350% mf so not to shabby in my opinion

9. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

hmm how did u get around 350% wat equip do u use?

10. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

Most commonly used/ easily attainable MF items:

Harley Shako (ptopaz) 74%
    Skullder’s Ire (ptopaz) 24% plus mf based on character level
    Rhymed Luna 25%
    Chance Guards 40% mf
    Goldwrap 30%
    Nagelrings 30% at most
    War Travelers 50% at most
    plus 7% small MF charms, but those who don't have a lot use 5, and 6% ones as well. Most people wouldn't consider using a charm bigger then 1 slot which, and no less then 5 mf.

When I say at most, it means its the max MF that item can have, due to it having a variable amount of MF on it.

Also, its common to use the Harelquin Crest and Skullders Ire on your mercenary (or any other MF gear), since if he gets the final hit on the kill, his MF gets added to yours, but unfortunately not vice versa.

11. Sharakorr

Sharakorr Banned

thx, tho i already knew this... question is will the hammerdin fit around these items?

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Like said by others, there are lots of good MFers, some are great for some specific area or for some specific critter, but if you want an all around MFer, then fishymancer and hammerdin are the best as they can wear lots of MF, kill fast and survive no matter where you do the runs.

Personally I use the hammerdin and run Countess/Pits/Andy/Mephisto/Shenk/Eldritch/Baal and occasionally I just do RoF/CS runs since both of those areas are ridiculously easy with a hammerdin.

Basically you should pick a character you enjoy playing otherwise too, preferably one that can be used to run couple of different places as doing the runs in one single place can become pretty boring.

Another option, if you don't lack in enthusiasm, make a great all around MFer and then Meph/Pindle runner separately. This option requires you to have two MF equipment sets though...not for everyone :)

13. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Well, if you don't switch chars every game or so you can make do with only one set of MF items. You just transfer the gear to the char you want to play the next few hours and you're set.

That's how I do it for my sole Gheed's Fortune. Every char gets it while I'm playing that char. Because of that I can't pick up any other Gheed's (if another one drops I'll compare stats and keep the better one), but I don't really need a second one. I'm not going to play two chars at the same time.

Oh, and I know about hot-muling, I just decided against it.

14. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

In more I can say also

Best char for mf can be you're best char.
    a good mf is a char with lot %mf so he must survive without equipment to survive !

15. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

I use my Zealot and I hit around 650 mf on weapon switch/ 800 mf if my merc gets the kill

16. boogied6

boogied6 IncGamers Member

i would seriously concider using a pure lightning sorc using chain and lightnig. she can teleprot. if setup right you can have max resists, lit absorb. deal 1-15000 of lightning damage and 1-7700 chain lightning damage with 11 arcs. i use mione to run pits, andarial, meph, eldritch, shenk, thresh pindle and baal and all of that takes at the most 15 min, tops and that is on a bad run. none of baals minions are lighting immune and the only thing that hurts are oblivion knights with lower resists and gloams.

i have not seen a faster killer yet. trust me she rocks. however i have twinked her a bit and she has some nice gear. if going untwinked i would recomend a necro (skellemancer) or a hammerdin since they can deal some nice damage with out gear. but bar none chain light/ lightning sorcs rock :yep:

17. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

my vote goes out to an enigma wearing winddruid... there fun to play, strong as hell, cna wear a lot of mf and i love them :flip:

18. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

You can kill all those in 15 mins? How is that possible? What gear are you using? How much MF?

And are you doing full Pit clear or just kill couple of boss packs? And how about if there is gloams in Baals throne room? Do you try to let your merc kill them or do you quit? Also what gear on your merc?

I thought my Fishymancer is super cool because he can do hell Baal run (minions on p1, Baal on p3) in ~7,5 mins (689%MF, 777% if merc kills)

19. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

My brother also has a lightning sorceress with those stats and I can say Lprman that it does not take 15 minutes to do all of those runs. The major problem that boogied6 has not mentioned is that black souls can spawn in the Throne of Destruction room (they have lightning immune and they can do some serious damage with a sorceress who is heavily twinked with mf) and that it can be troublesome if Bartuc and Lister spawn with Lightning enchantment (lightning immune).

Also, it can be very difficult to do the pit fast with the lightning immune archers.

All those lightning immunes have to be taken down by a mercenary or ignored. My brother opted for a heavily twinked mercenary who can take them down, but it can sometimes be slow.

From my experience playing my brother's lightning sorceress and watching others play them, I highly doubt you can do all those runs in 15 minutes, much less full clears.

The only thing I can think of that would allow boogied6 to do it that fast on players 1 setting is that he uses some lower resist charges. They can help, but they will not remove all the immunities.