Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best char/build for rushing?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Neilzor, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Neilzor

Neilzor Diabloii.Net Member

Best char/build for rushing?

What would be the best character and build to use for rushing people? I've decided the quickest was to get rich is to rush hell for forge, but I've noticed sometimes people have to go switch characters halfway through, and I have nowhere near enough money to make two characters. If there is no one build that can do it reasonably quickly, what is another way that I could get wealthy?

2. Phyrexial

Phyrexial Diabloii.Net Member

Hammerdin. No contest.

3. Diab

Diab Diabloii.Net Member

Hammerdins are pretty strong, but I like FB/Meteor sorcs the most.

4. JakethePeanut

JakethePeanut Diabloii.Net Member

I like meteorb and blizzard sorces, because they have a decent amount of mana for teleporting, unlike a hammerdin with enigma

5. Oscuro

Oscuro Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Well, a hammerdin is far more durable than a sorceress. A well built hammerdin can be almost anywhere in the game and not be in remote danger of dying. Some exceptions are ranged enemies which deal magical (not elemental) damage, such as horadrim ancients or hell witches. Even then, a hammerdin can take a hell of a beating.

If you play ladder, slap an "Insight" polearm on the hammerdin's merc. Never worry about mana again as long as he's alive.

6. nubikoen

nubikoen Diabloii.Net Member

If you can afford an enigma then hammerdin is THE char (it's boring as hell playing him though)

If you cannot afford enigma go for a meteorb sorc.

7. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i'm really liking my blizzballer. ^^

but erm yeah, hammerdin. :thumbsup: an example is in baal runs - hammerdins stand right where the monsters spawn and tank them while pwning with hammers. sorcs usually stand up on the throne or to the side, letting a merc or someone else tank.

8. mxxerr

mxxerr Diabloii.Net Member

I use my metor-orb sorceress to rush except for hell act3 Trivincal, I have to use my hammerdin to do this.

9. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Hammerdin is potentially the fastest and safest.
    Summon Necro is also fast and safe, even with crap stuff on.

10. Joch

Joch Diabloii.Net Member

he said he hasn't got the gear to make 2 chars, so hammerdin only -meaning you need enigma- is even less then an option.

- make a sorc and hammerdin, as for I do it like that. hammerdin can be strong enough without enigma, you can easily make spirit sword & shield (on ladder) , but for the first acts you'll need teleport, especially in the maggot lair

- It's not the easiest way to get rich, I've done many, the best I got is once ist, few times um. but 90% of the people leave when you've done mephisto...
    diablo II is filled with these lame gamers & scammers don't ask me why they think it's cool...

11. rawrj

rawrj Diabloii.Net Member

wind druid with enigma, and a ss and shako, then you have max dr and port and a physical unblockable damage attack that doens about 5k average damage

12. plasmo

plasmo Diabloii.Net Member

Hammerdin if you can afford Enigma, otherwise sorc (teleport simly saves too much time to make any other build even remotely competitive). Hammerdins with Enigma are much, much faster than sorcs, though. Sorcs have to be built to avoid immunities, although a merc can help.

Hell-forge rushing will get disappointing when 90% of rushees leave without giving you the forge.

Quickest way to get rich is ebay. :(

13. drinkturps

drinkturps Diabloii.Net Member

For the Hammerdin, if you cannot afford enigma (I know I never will) I find that with maxed vigor and a pair of sanders ripraps you can run to places at top speed. Who needs enigma?

14. Joch

Joch Diabloii.Net Member

yep its good but you'll need a sorc too for a part, you ever done the maggot lair with a hammerdin? It's quite an annoying job to do

15. drinkturps

drinkturps Diabloii.Net Member

I have and it is annoying. You only need to do it the once and if you've got a decent merc you can get through it with a little patience.

16. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy Diabloii.Net Member

I concur. Hammerdin hands down. :thumbsup:

They can EASILY solo hell Baal / Ancients with good merc with 0 PCombat GCs.

- Dennis

17. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony Diabloii.Net Member

Maggot lair is not a problem for rushing Hammerdin.
    We can talk about effective rushing with a Hammerdin only if he's got an Enigma. If he hasn't - Sorc's teleport will beat Hammerdin's safety and killing speed in terms of usfulness for rushing.
    But, if Hammerdin has an Enigma, Maggot Lair is not a problem - just tele to Coldworm's cave and quickly kill him.

18. bipolar

bipolar Diabloii.Net Member

Just to be different, I'll say that a trapsin can be effective for rushes, as long as you have a few points in burst of speed and some nice R/W boots. You can get moving very, very fast and just sprint by most lightning immunes. Teleport is still superior, but for things like maggot lair I used a 22% all res ammy with teleport charges. The thing I don't like about meteorb are that the spells are timered or delay casting. I actually prefer lightning/orb to meteorb, but requires decent equipment to be a good killing machine.

19. sangfagel

sangfagel Diabloii.Net Member

As you see you has started (again) this eternal dispute: hammardins contra meteorbs :D
    If you need a rushing char for Hellforge quests only, you don´t need to kill every monster in the game and do every quest. The only factor of essence is SPEED. In this case I would prefere meteorb since she is faster, MUCH cheaper and still works if legit (no need of enigma with other words). On the top of this a sorc can have a lot of mf stuff which never hurts. ;)

Btw there are many other builds which can be very effective rushers. My personal favorit is a hybrid zon. I made many different builds and the all are:
    legit, cheap, universal, extremally safe and effective. They can´t tele though.
    Another cheap and good possibility is othe pally builds (zeal + auras of choice)

A trapsin mentioned above is extremally effective NM build but in Hell diff she needs rush herself.