Best builds for:

Desnar

Diabloii.Net Member
Best builds for:

I just started ladder, i played a lot in the .09 patch but im fairly new to .11. im wondering what the best builds would be for some things, keeping in mind im still very poor (best eq = skulders and spirit sword)

best for:

1. countess
2. summoner
3. nihalak
4. pits
5. baal

all in hell.

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
The above recommendations seem to assume you have Enigma.

If you are poor, I'd say

1. Sorc
2. Sorc
3. Summon Necro / Bowazon (slowish, but safe)
4. Bowazon
5. Hammerdin

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Bjam said:
The above recommendations seem to assume you have Enigma.
Heh. Why would I assume he had Enigma? It seems clear that he's a returning player that hasn't played for quite a while. Hammerdins and summoners definitely don't require Enigma to be viable.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
nickedoff said:
but I dunno how well blizzard sorcs do with the countess.
Her minions are cold immune, and the Countess has dual fire and cold immunity. In Hell of course. So you'll need to rely on a merc.

Desnar

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a lvl 77 hammerdin, using skulders, ancients pledge, spirit sword, crappy rare helm, chancies, goldwrap. rest eq is rare/magical. merc is act 2 hf merc using insight. still getting killed on countess.

malakho

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with evrae's suggestions

My personal preference,however...
Windy druid :grin: good untwinked and can solo prety much the entire game. Not as powerful offensively as hammerdin, but I enjoy playing them more. They do countess and summoner runs great, there only problem is nhilithak..his CE sucks. I usualy lead and kill for him (though i use my bowazon now)

Malachi

Gorny

Banned
For the pits, you might want to check out Shadow_247's Pit Guide.

It should be linked inside the Community Forum's Rules & Links Thread.

It can also be found in the Misc. Section of the Guides listing on the main website.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I'm doing them like this:

1.-3. CL/FO sorc
4. Strafer bowazon (together with cows and Chaos Sanctuarium)
5. Zealot (with Enigma), bowazon (by foot, minions only). Hammerdin is good as well, but I don't like playing them.

Grumpy Old Wizard

Diabloii.Net Member
Desnar said:
I just started ladder, i played a lot in the .09 patch but im fairly new to .11. im wondering what the best builds would be for some things, keeping in mind im still very poor (best eq = skulders and spirit sword)

best for:

1. countess
2. summoner
3. nihalak
4. pits
5. baal

all in hell.
Since you are just starting you need to focus all your assets on one build. You want to use a sorceress because she can teleport(faster runs) and you don't start off with enigma. :)

Any dual element sorceress will work. Lightning requires more expensive gear to work, so I recommend going with cold and fire. I very highly recommend max block with a whiston's guard shield (very low dex requirements.) You will be glad for max block teleporting through the halls of pain/vaught.

Use an act 1 normal defiance merc and stick an insight polearm on him. You should easily be able to cube the runes for insight.

A standard cookie cutter build is the meteor-orb. You use fireball as your machine gun for most of your killing, meteor for long range bombing of archers, and orb for fire immunes.

You might also consider a blizzard-fireball build.

My personal favorite is a blizzard-firewall build, though she is slightly slower runnung the pits. Use glacial spike as your main synergy rather than ice blast and you can freeze lister's minions for easier Baal runs. Firewall requires no synergy to be effective so your blizzard and glacial spike will be powerful.

A hydra-orb build is also quite good (I am using one now) and plays a little differently than the other builds. She is a very safe build an can run some of the moe dangerous areas that are not usually run for more variety.

Check out the stikied guides in the sorceress forums.