Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best builds for untwinked HC?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

I love softcore and my chars there, I can do whatever I want there without any stress so it's perfect for those lazy relaxing evening but I do want to have some HC char after all I guess for the thrill. However I am not really sure what character I want to start there and I am not even sure what is the best way to go about it.

Obviously HC = vita and shield but other than that? I'm lost.

What builds would you recommend me for each char for untwinked play? And I would also really appreciate some common tips for surviving HC too.

2. bodry

bodry IncGamers Member

HC=Shield+maxblock all the way, if you have a decent blocking shield. Otherwise Vita. Some builds: Summon necro, trap assassin, wind druid.

3. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Builds:
    Fishymancer - the obvious choice for someone who just wants to survive HC, but if you're looking for a bit of a thrill it's not the build for you.
    Fishyzon - High damage, not gear dependent, 1-3 meatshields. Very safe character, a lot more fun to play than the necro.
    Meteorb/Blizzballer - Only if you're good with blind teleporting, not very good for a playthrough, amazing end-game.
    Strafe/FA or Pure Strafer - Extremely safe besides low hp and no block. Tip: Slow Target + Cold Damage! Slows down in the last few Acts of Hell if you don't find/make a decent bow. Any Harmony RW in elite bow should do, tho.
    Summoner/Fire Druid: Lots of meat shields, lots of damage, merc for Immunes etc. I have no real experience with that build tho.
    Trap(or K/T hybrid) Assassin: Good damage, shoppable end-game gear, amazing crowd control. Bad against Act bosses unless you add Kicks + Crushing blow into the mix.
    Barbarian: No suggestions, I don't like them.
    Freeze/Shock Zealot: Decent, but requires good game knowledge/skill to know when you should just run and scream :p
    + A multitude of others.

Tips:
    - Guide by HC Gunther
    - Always keep juvs in belt
    - TP's in belt (preference/late game only)

Everything else relies on your skill/game knowledge/character. As long as you don't do anything rushed you should be OK. Always judge how strong a pack/boss is by your merc survivability it's a good milestone to how much beating you can take.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015