Best build for Windy

ramian

Diabloii.Net Member
pindle gave me a windforce back in 1.09 three years back. was running all over the house whooping for joy like a crazed fool who had just won the lottery.

anyhow, congrats on the Windforce.
check out the WF-based pit strafer guide
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=175957
My zon is loosely built around that. While she rocks in the pits, she ain't that good anywhere in act 5. But WF zons are indeed fun to play with. So fragile, yet "fairly" powerful. :rolleyes:

cheers!

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the link mate! Build looks interesting... but seems heavily focused on magic find.
What do you think about multishot with a Windforce? With Atma's Scarab, it'll slaughter most groups of monsters in a jiffy!

~GrimSleeper

chipmc

Diabloii.Net Member
grimsleeper said:
Thanks for the link mate! Build looks interesting... but seems heavily focused on magic find.
What do you think about multishot with a Windforce? With Atma's Scarab, it'll slaughter most groups of monsters in a jiffy!

~GrimSleeper

I *think* that the 2 or 3 middle arrows of Multi Shot are the only ones capable of triggering ctc spells like amp. So don't go into a room full of Death Lords and expect them all to get amped in two seconds...

ramian

Diabloii.Net Member
^ that is one of the reasons why most people choose strafe over multishot as all strafe arrows will get the ctc...

if you don't want to gear your zon for mf, just swap out mf gear for power-playing gear... my zon is currently using mf gear until she can afford better (i.e. Fortitude, Annihilus, etc). Once that day comes, I'll probably take her through WSK and finally get to kill Baal in hell difficulty.

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
I think CTC items depend on the number of hits you land on monsters, and not on the number of times you fire (correct me if I am wrong here). So for a high level pierce skill (or with razortail), and a high multishot, I think CTC will be triggered quite often on large groups of monsters (because of the massive number of hits you will land). So for a level 25 multishot, suppose if you land 20 hits (including piercing), with a 5% CTC, amp damage should be triggered.
That's if CTC works on the "on striking" basis. I think the "on striking" chance will be calculated everytime you land "a" hit on a monster (which is massive for multishot).
That's what I always thought anyway... would be glad if somebody could correct me on this.

~GrimSleeper
EDITED BY DACAR

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
imho, i'm going to use it for a magic arrow/freezing arrow build, as magic damage is very powerful in .10. ctc is a dead end imho. 5% amp is just way too low. socket will probably be a sol to increase min damage, or a decent min/max jewel i have.

the min damage is just scary though. i might just up a witchwild or lycanders, as i have tons of max damage charms. or, i wouldn't mind using a bloodraven for more ar.

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Multi shot is very powerful. I had a multi shot zon that ran pits for socketables. Wore shako, highlords, NoS coil, War travs, WF, Fort, raven , dual leech ring, and LoH, Killed extreamly fast in 8p games. With might I had around 4.3k multi shot. I maxed valk because she was an extreame tank. Get d/a/e around 50%, nice peirce, rest into critical strike. I play eHCL so I had around 1k life and thats about 100 points into vit. Those could go to dex if you didnt care that much about dieing.

grimsleeper

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been thinking about what to socket my windy with. Don't have any 40/15s, in fact nothing even remotely close.
I've been thinking about the following -
  • Shael
  • A jewel of ease with + 4 maximum damage (to lower the strength requirement)
Rare jewel with following mods -
  • 14 min damage 5 max damage + others
  • 7%ED, 3 min damage + dmg mods vs demons

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

~GrimSleeper
EDITED BY DACAR