Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BEst Build for VIDALA's set

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by svata, Apr 6, 2004.

1. svata

svata IncGamers Member

BEst Build for VIDALA's set

Just put Vidala's set on lvl 15 amazon that did not alocate any skill points on.

What is best and your favorite build for a lvl 15 character with vidala? Can it do low lvl duels (Pierce and Freeze but slow) really well, can it actually work in hell, is as it seema and really just junk?

Apprecaite your comments.

2. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

ok for lvling but at lvl 15 wait till lvl 16 and get twitch and sigon belt/gloves/boots/helm/2 manadles,eye of elitch and a bow and ur set its junk i wouldn't base a char around it be a wait of a char and time of u making it

3. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Thx for the advice on what to use, but I want to build a zon around this set.

I found the set on a mule and wanted to utilize it so I would appreciate more comment specifically on vidala's set.

Also If others have fun expericences with specific builds based around other mediocre sets love to hear your comments on those also.

Thanks, Svata

4. hellrazzer23

hellrazzer23 IncGamers Member

problem with vidalas set is that the bow sucks. even if u upgrade it, yours till looking at low damage.

its good for low leveling, but like the post above, twitch with parts of sigons will easily outdo it, as well as a mediocre bow bought from a merchant.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Set items cannot be upgraded.

6. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

You can't upgrade it and the lvl req of 14 makes it a little hard for you to use it for lvling since you can get better equipment once you've reached 15-16. Artic gear is must better for lvling chars IMO.

You could kill Hell Baal in 1.09 with vidala's set with a magezon but I haven't heard it being done in 1.10 yet. Probably depends a lot more on the other equipnment slots.

My suggestion is use it for a low-lvl mf char since the 40% run/walk help you run to your boss faster and the ammy has 50%mf. Combine with saigon's glove/belt combo to be a frost maiden.

7. Anidem

Anidem Banned

OMFG! Guys he wants to use Vids. Quit mentioning other things! how long do you plan to use vids for? If you intend to go all the way with Vids I would say go for the Immolation Arrow so all your damage is skill based not Bow based.

Freezing arrow would work also if you plan on an act 2 or 5 merc to finish off the Frozen victims.

P.s. DON"T USE FA WITH ACT 2 FREEZE OR THORN MERC! USE MIGHT!

8. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Thx for the Merc comment. Agree Act2 might a good choice, but imo rather bland since I use him a lot for other builds. Right now using an a1 merc since I want to see how long the Vidala zon can beat the merc. Like the idea of the a5 merc and may change when get to a5, but for now developing a twin.

This character is just meant to be fun. I have many good builds and just want to make a few fun character using typically mediocre sets. These characters will mainly work as mules.

Like your freeze and fire suggestions.

Thx for everyone's comments.

9. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Only problem with the fire build is that Vidala's barb has VERY low damage so leeching is a very big problem. Without leech then you need a bigger mana pool and mana regen. Another thing to consider are FIs.

I don't agree with the merc though. Might is normally the choice for bowazons but for Vidala's? The increase in damage would be pathetic so I'd rather go with HF merc.

10. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

I kind of like the idea of utilizing "mediocre" set items such as Vidala's. When I found Vidala's Barb, I was thinking maybe I can use this bow for endgame. I just didn't think it was possible since strafers rely on physical damage but for a magezon I think you can get by with it. Let me know if you find Hell hell with this set so that I can start scrapping the idea. Have fun! :yep: