Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Build for Pits MF?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by viruszero, Feb 27, 2004.

1. viruszero

viruszero IncGamers Member

Best Build for Pits MF?

Hey I used to mf in 1.09 with my nova sorce and was pretty successfull. However I stopped playing for a while. When i started 1.10, I started ladder and With all the builds different, I had no idea how to mf and I was very poor. Wait a sec., im still poor.

I heard that the pits were a very good place to go mfing.

What build do you think its the best build to go mfing in the pits? If you have a build please post the base stats and base skills and how much mf.

BTW please make dont tell me unreasonable builds that are really expensive to make :( I am extremely poor :(. If you can hook me up, that would be great (ya right lol!) im on USWest btw.

Thank you! I really REALLY appreciate it pplz! :clap:

2. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

The easiest build are the skellimancers. You don't need any equipment and your skeletons are still able to kill in the pit. Poison-mancers great for pit runs as well due to the lack of poison immunes.

So the best build would be something like this,

20RS
    20SM
    20Pnova
    1 in curses (up to you)
    rest in poison synergies or dim vision etc(gaps)

Skellies protect you such that you can wear all mf gear and have -ve resists and still progress. Just beware of LE or CE bosses.

3. viruszero

viruszero IncGamers Member

Hey that sounds pretty good! Now heres the question, what stats do i ut into? strength, vit, dex?

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

If I recoll this correctly the Pit is populated by following monsters:
    devilkin/shamans - fire immune
    skellys and meele corrupted rouges - cold immune
    black rouge archers - lightning immune
    bosses of any kind use to be immune to random second attack.
    I can´t remember any typ of monster phisical or magic immune despite of single random bosses (correct me if I´m wrong)

Conclussion is that a char making magical or phisical dmg would work most universally in this enviroment. -->for instance an hammardin, a skelly- or bonemancer a zealot etc. This is my SPECULATION.

My expirience is though that my sorc (bliz/fb/meteor hybrid, Tal set, max res, 5xx mf, def merc) makes these runs soloing in 8-players games quickly and safetly. I prefere her since she can teleport to Pit quickly and can keep awesome mf withaut loosing her attack or defense qualities.

5. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

Heysa.

Necro is a cheap decent build that would work well in the Pits. But each run will take you forever. I prefere speed. I'd go with a pure LF amazon. With pretty much basic gear, I breeze through the Pit in 5-6 minutes (clock counting from creating the game). All you really need is a decent damage spear, that can bring down the lightning immunes.

20 LF
    10 Crit strike
    10 Penetrate (maybe more)
    10 Piercing
    15 Valkyrie (maybe more)
    1 Decoy

These skills are really all you need. I've maxed strafe in the bow-tree as well for the LI's in the Pit, but I never use it.

-Mak

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

7. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Skellymancer is probably the least equipment-dependent build there is - best for those that are poor. They can be slow, but the following increases kill rate up incredibly:

AMP - only need 1 point. Cuts skelly kill time in half
    Corpse Explosion - 3 to 5 points. Very deadly crowd control. Can take out a crowd in seconds.
    Act 2 Offensive merc - aura increases skelly damage.

Some good ideas for skellymancer builds can be found in the necro forum....

AS said above, for pure speed its tuff to top a Furyzon. More equipment dependent (still relatively cheap), and comes w/ her own merc (valk). An offensive act2 merc is a bonus....Furyzon w/ plague jav covers all immunities in pits.

Again, the amazon forum has nice builds to look at...