Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best build for NM/HELL Meph?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by JonnyFoster, Oct 30, 2006.

1. JonnyFoster

JonnyFoster IncGamers Member

Best build for NM/HELL Meph?

I quickly looked and didnt see any topics on this, so.. what would be the best build for someone wanting to MF on nm/hell mephisto?

Thanks!

2. papajustify

papajustify IncGamers Member

You know i use my froaen orb sorc on meph all the time and she handles it quite well, i've tried running it with and without plus cold gcs and i find that the extra punch from the gc's is really needed to beef up that orb damage. Iget some faster cast rate from my magefists,full tal set and a nice act2merc for a meat shield.
    I've never tried a blizzard sorc, probably better, and i dont like meteor too much.
    So Frozen orb all the synergies maxed, and a couple of cold gc's will do great.
    But as i said i have never done a blizzard sorc and correct me if i'm wrong, i think it just may kill that big bug a little quicker.

3. jinntonic

jinntonic IncGamers Member

Blizzard works really well because it covers a good radius, and a high level CM will drop Meph's resistance down to nothing or less, making it really easy to kill him. I tried both pure fire Meteor/FB sorcs and Blizzard/Ice Blast sorcs, and Blizzard takes him down much faster in my opinion. In NM and Hell, Meph's Fire resists in NM and Hell make it much harder for fire to damage him.

4. JonnyFoster

Thank you.

Two quick questions:

1) What is Gc's?

2) What is CM's?

Sorry, im a big newb

Thanks!

5. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

CM - stands for Cold Mastery
    GC - stands for Grand Charm
    cold GC is a grand charm that adds +1 to cold spells(sorceress only). Such grand charms are also referred to as cold skillers.

6. oreowned

oreowned IncGamers Member

I run it with a frozen orb sorc -- I do runs very fast in hell.

I have meteor as well, but I don't use it for meph, I just use it so I can solo some stuff a little easier.

Im never really in danger anymore, once you get 70-100% fcr it's really a moot point, personal preference because the hard part is teleporting there, not killing him.

7. JonnyFoster

So should i be a frozen orb sorc or a blizzard wiz?

edit- also what should i put my stat points into as a sorc?

8. jinntonic

jinntonic IncGamers Member

Once again, it just depends on your playing style.

As for stat points.

Strength - Enough to wear Skullder's or Monarch Shield if you're using Storm Shield or a Spirit monarch.
    Dex - Base, enough for Wiz Spike, or enough for full block.
    Vita - Everything else
    Energy - Nothing

9. DarkYakuza

DarkYakuza IncGamers Member

My orber kills meph no problem in around LESS then 10 seconds flat. With over 650%MF sacrificing no time at all. No gcs, Orb damage is around 700 per shard.

If your going to run anything else then meph i probably wouldnt advise using an orb sorc though, its tried, trusted and true at only doing one thing, teleing to meph, killing him quick, and repeating.

Although I am still able to countess/nith/summoner/diablo/baal and even hell rush, just at a slower speed then maybe a lightning sorc or anyother sorc for that matter, because I depend on my merc to kill every single cold immune.

My sorc runs only with 50% cast rate, and has never died teleing there since she was in the late level 70's, now she is 92, and she only levels by mfing, no baal runs.

I find having lots of Mf helps more then sacrificing it for damage and speed, because your not killing any monsters, only Meph, which gets taken down too fast as it is, I get kicked off of Bnet all the time for joining games too fast.

On a side note, she also excels at doing hell andy, summoner and all of chaos sanctuary except oblivion knights.