Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best build for nat's set

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by deathsguard666, Apr 2, 2005.

1. deathsguard666

deathsguard666 IncGamers Member

best build for nat's set

i have recently completed the nat's set and i was wondering what build would because exploit the potential of the set. any input would help a great deal.

2. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

Yeah, the boot damage is baaad and the set has too little skill boni to make an effective trapper. My Natalya is a Phoenix Striker, who sits in act 1 hell. If you go for it, I'd recommend a Defiance merc. I chose a Holy Freeze merc and can hardly survive in hell. I will have to level up a defiance merc soon...

I can't help here too much, because she isn't finished... :confused:

3. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Actually with tiger strike and that explosive kick you should get around 3-4k damage.. even with those crappy shoes. IMO a MA sin is best for the set, you can invest in speed and damage because the set gives good bonusses.
    Maybe tiger/phoenix combination?

''Mil & Sam'' :buddies:

4. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

3 to 4k compare to about five times that with a myrmidont greave? ;) For the actual damage you can do with it, 1/10 of listed is probably more true due to all the fire resistance out there.

5. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

It could work, but the question was what the best build for the set would be. I'd go for the Phoenix-Striker, the ITD on the claw is very useful, although it has a lvl-req of 79!

6. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

There is no best build in my minds eye, but as mentioned the boots would make a kicker's damage less than ideal.

I disagree that a trapper wouldn't work. It could work fine, +3 skills from the set vs. +2 from Shako/+1 from Skin of Vipermagi, +3 from claw = -3 skills vs. normal trapper, but your resists could be much better than a non nat's trapper build and you'll have some PDR. This could favor some type of trapper hybrid that uses lightning and DC. A trapper variant could be quite fun to take an assassin out of cookie cutter land.

Back in cookie cutter land, PS assassin seems to be people's favorite. There you have options.

Straight PS, max PS, CoT, FoF and the rest in shadow skills (I think most people like a strong Shadow Master here, at least to magic lvl 17, rare elite claw? correct me if I'm wrong people)

DC Hybrid PS, Max PS/and a synergy. Max DC/CM (for AR and crit) for fast physical attack. I use this and change from Nat's to a CB setup for bosses. Very fast killer. Split points in Venom/CM as you wish, but venom usually needs to be maxed to work.

Nat's + Chaos claw...could be interesting. I'll let you know when another Gul drops for me.

7. Arewyn

Arewyn IncGamers Member

Well, if your able to make the "Chaos" runeword you could use that with the set and just make a WW sin since the set come's with MASSIVE leech (14% I think).

If you don't have the runes for "Chaos" you could probably do a MA Assassin, that or a Pheonix Strike 'sin.

8. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

You do know that phoenix strike is concidered MA right? :D

''Mil & Sam'' :buddies:

9. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

my first Mat/Pat was a PS 'sin using Nat's set & Shadowkiller. That Nat's is best for an MA 'sin is a given. The real question becomes "what do I socket the armor with?"

10. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

My Natsin used Phoenix Strike, FoF, CoT, and SM. I thought she rolled through Hell just fine, FWIW.

11. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

*Resurrect cast by 'poops* :jig:

Sooner or later I'll finish my pally (a3 NM, atm) and move on to adding a 'sin to my septavirate. I wouldn't mind trying Nat's set out when that time comes. Being a total 'sin-noob, I have a few questions.

Group1 - If I wanted to make a hybrid with this set...
    1. Skill recommendations?
    2. Dual Claws or Shield?
    3. Other equipment recommendations?
    4. What to socket?

Group 2: - If I wanted to go with a more standard MA 'sin...
    5. skills = PS, CoT, FoF, SM (17 w/ gear) and additional points to what? What about BoS, CoS, Fade? Other suggestions?
    6. Dual Claws or Shield?
    7. Other equipment recommendations?
    8. What to socket?

General:
    9. IIRC, I heard somewhere that it makes a difference which hand the claw is in (for dual-claw - or am I thinking of frenzy barbs :duh: ). Please clarify.

12. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

Given my experience with my MA sin, who was a PS/CoT/TS/DT hybrid (MA and a kicker), I'd say go with Phoenix Strike and Blades of Ice. I have 2 reasons, one whack, one not so whack. Firstly (not whack), the freezing effect will keep you a little safer, and shatter corpses and so on. Secondly (whack), Chaos Ice Bolt is the third charge of Phoenix Strike, so you can't miss it. I must be a clicking n00b, but I regularly found myself trying to get Chain Lightning and instead getting Chaos Ice Bolt. Think about it...

13. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I have number of MA sin. Defiance merc is useless, your base def is too low. Your best bet is trusted Might merc. I have both MA sin with Might or HF merc, Might works better.

I can hardly think something can kill decent might/HF merc, maxed SM, while under your MB. what troubles you R2K?

14. shleefin

shleefin IncGamers Member

i recently matted a DC assassin and it worked quite well. 20 venom/20 DC/20 claw mastery/rest in SM/BoS. she rocked hell, just make use of mind blast and you'll be fine

gear:
    nats set
    bartucs
    8/15 SoE
    ravenfrost
    some ring
    highlords
    LoH

oh yeah, she used a might merc