Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best build for Griswold's set

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by grimsleeper, Jun 30, 2005.

1. grimsleeper

grimsleeper IncGamers Member

best build for Griswold's set

Hi - I recently found Griswold's shield and Crown... already have the armour. So on my verge of completing the set, can somebody please let me know what you think is the best build for wearing the set?
    ~GrimSleeper

gamersgraveyard.************/

2. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

I suggest an elemental Zealot, using either Holy Freeze or Holy Shock.

3. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

How about an avenger?

3,457-4,531 with no back pack charms or merc aura.

4,282-6,070 with back pack charms and might merc aura.

level 90 avenger with 8 fps attack speed. Very fun build!

4. xromania

xromania IncGamers Member

what things adds a grisw set or only 2-3 parts? Is better than a pally with enigma and shako and other cool things? i want to build a magic find pally with my little good stuff (enigma, shako, dont know what weapon need a pally, prolly some wands lol) and im wonder who is better for magic find pally, grisw or enigma+shako + bots/gauntles with mf? Grisw need to much strenght i think. *sry my english

btw my magic find sorc die usually in hell and i decide for a mf pally, is best choice, right? or need other magic find character to survive in hell?

5. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

MF Paladin = Hammerdin that uses Shako (ptopaz), Enigma, Hoto (Wizzy) , HoZ, Magefist, Arrach (Goldwrap upped), WT, dual Nagels + MF charms!

/Dec

6. xromania

hey Decebal u from? cuz Decebal is the name of a romanian emperor (im from romania). Lol.

im kinda new and dont know all abreviation or items, i have only a low nigma now and shako (and some parts from ik, tals and 2 nagel rings). And omg i have build with 3 rings in cube a 50% mf ammy. Is that possible or ... im unique? hah

btw what is WT?

7. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Me from the land of Dacia! :D Left the mother land long time ago!
    WT = wartraveller!
    COOL AMY!!! very rare! Very expensive if you play on bnet ladder...

/Dec

8. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

ive seen fohers use grizwold. they did ok with smite as backup.

9. xromania

haha no comment, fantastic dece baal
    u mean land of dracula or baal, no Dacia (Dacia is the old name of Romania guys)

anyway i dont got the answer to all my guestions, but im ok

my name is xromania-terran in starcraft and diablo in usa east non ladder

10. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Yeah its land of Dracula too if you prefer! Maybe you are from those parts! :p

Starcraft...it was long ago since I played that...too long! :(
    I play on Europe Ladder! GL with Griswold set!

/Dec

11. grimsleeper

Thanks for the information on Romania guys :)
    I'm still confused about what to do with my Griswold's pala... I've never had an avenger before.
    I had a zealot in 1.09, with a Barana's/Stormshield switch to Lightsaber/HoZ (or other combo). But he sucked in 1.10 as he just wasn't doing enough dmg.

Am not too sure about the avenger build though. I guess a hammerdin is out of the question for Griswold's set then?
    By the way - would a zealot be better than an avenger in this case? The weapon's damage is not much.

Would much appreciate some pointers here...

By the way, I built a mf necro, and found it a much safer option. He does awesome Pindle runs... and now quick Meph runs too. He can do baal runs too, but Baal himself takes a bit long to kill (so can't call it a run ;))
    Here's some of the stuff I've found till now...

http://gamersgraveyard.************/

12. Asmodeous

Keep in mind the set modifiers, +10-20 damage on items 3 & 4 so your grissy weapon will have 20-40 extra damage coming from the set.
    And, have you got a 4 socket caddy?
    The break points are easy to achieve thanks to all the sockets in the set. From memory you need 110% ias for 8fps normal attack speed. (it might be 105% btw, im just going by my avengers set up) so you can socket the weapon for pure damage. 40/15 max jewels or ohms. My avengers weapon shows 210-261 damage and an extra 39 - 68 damage from other jewels/bloodfist/war travs which all stacks for vengeance damage calcs.

Biggest problem for grissy avengers is PDR and life leech. You could go for the ctc life tap on the gloves which i dont like (personal taste). with my grissy avenger I use cresent moon ammy for the leechs/mdr and a bul kathos & string of ears for 19% ll and pdr which seems to work quite well.

13. grimsleeper

Thanks. Don't have a caddy yet... Have just only found the other 3 parts.
    Does redemption work to compensate for low ll/ml? Post 1.10, for hell difficulty, leech effectiveness has been reduced drastically. I think you need very high damage to get enough leech.
    What's your killing speed like with your avenger? What's the damage you do with your primary attack (I assume vengence)? Does your avenger die often?
    I think for ll and pdr, there are other equipment options which will afford higher defence, higher damage, higher leech and higher PDR. Is it worth wearing Griswold's set if one needs to spend another fortune in jewels (I still have not found any ed/ias jewels this time around) to put into the sockets?

~GrimSleeper

14. Asmodeous

Redemption works well with an avenger because dropping the conviction aura off when in combat doesn't affect your damage/attack speed as it would with a frost/tesla/fanatism zealot for example. you can still swing away with the redemption aura at a slower killing speed whn you need the extra safety.
    Life leech is a bit of a problem. Mine is running 19% which is enough for most situations. When the going gets tough I hit a pot or redemption.

Killing speed is huge. Im a single player and I use the "players x" settings on 8 at all times with this character. On a setting of one player, most monsters are one hit kills, champions 2-3 hits and uniques are around 4 which is no challenge.
    Damage shown in the lsk is 4.2 - 6 kay with might merc aura at 8fps.

Dying is the usual chances for any melee class. Im curse as the physical component is still high enough unless your barb war cry buffed and in single player the gloam damage and fe bug's are still present. I dont know if these are a problem to melee classes on the realms.

You can build a higher damage avenger with a pb grief or eth botd and so on, but the style points of a full set aura paladin have to be considered! :thumbsup:

15. Arctickhan

Arctickhan IncGamers Member

Any type Zealot my favourite is Holy Freeze one...

16. grimsleeper

Thanks for the inputs... my respect for avengers has increased!
    Do mention your build... stat points, skills, gear!

~GrimSleeper