Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best build for Aldur's

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thirty-Thirty, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

Best build for Aldur's

Ahoy,

I've completed Aldur's Watchtower, and need to build a druid, since I want to have a Mat and Pat of every character class. (SC, so it's not really a septivirate thingy, but I don't have the balls to play HC.)

My question is: to which build is Aldur's kit best suited? Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, the weapon does too little damage to warrant a shapeshifter, though it could possibly be done. I'm not interested in doing a Zookeeper, since I'll probably end up making a Maxsummon Necro sometime. Just looking at the stats, theres a fair amount of extra mana, plus huge dex to save points on getting max-block. Plus an oaksage will allow more leeway on vitality. Also, the complete set has about +65 strength, which means I can possibly slide by with as little as 50 base, which again leaves lots of room for character points.

So what shall it be? Maybe a fire-caster with Rainbow Facets where possible? Perhaps a wind-druid, since we know they work? Or his a good hybrid made possible in some way? (I presume not: the dual-element guide says Stone is very important, but my armour slot is taken.) If you have an Aldur, what build is he?

And what should go into the sockets? The weapon won't be used for hitting, so no 40/15s or eths. I call on the collective wisdom of the SPF to assist my troubled mind.

Thanks in (Aldur's) Advance :p ,
    30-30

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'd say that the set is best geared towards a shapeshifter, even though it has low damage..If you get 3 sockets and stock up on Shaels, it's going to be quite fast, combine this with lots of deadly strike and crushing blow and you should do decent damage. The +45 stats are very nice and with a shield and the +%resist bonus, you could do a lot worse than this set. The only really crappy item is the helm...but it does have 2 sockets to make up for weaknesses. I'd say Shapeshifter..especially since Blizzard was nice enough to add 300% enhanced damage, to make up for the crappy Jagged Star.

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

Fireclaws bear or rabies wolf both work well.
    WInd or fire casters would also be do-able
    I also remember a MP game where someone had a 'titan' bear, all str except for max block with SS

4. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

I build a mauler with the set. It actually quite rocked and took it to PvP where it even did fairly ok. The damage isn't that great, but the speed is really nice and with maul you'll get more damage and stun.
    Another option is to rely on the speed of the 3x shaeled weapon and go with fireclaws. The stats and +skills on the set will help you out then :)

''Mil & Sam'' :buddies:

5. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

these are generally considered the 'best' builds for aldurs

6. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

Alright. I'm not big on the Werebear: I think it looks stupid. Would a fireclaws werewolf work? And what to do about fire immunes?

(I can appreciate that this build shouldn't be too hard: I matted a spearazon, who is also just one-element + lowish physical damage.)

Any good ideas of what the rest of the kit should look like?

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

a fireclaws WW would work too. people norm just use the bear for shockwave. you could go with rabies and throw on a carrion wind for good psn dmg. go with fury and try to get some CB gloves. coupled with DS from Highlords dmg shouldnt be too bad

8. deathsguard666

deathsguard666 IncGamers Member

i don't know if i'm hi-jacking but i have a question-

would a flaming rabies build work with the complete aldur's set?

9. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

It would, however the entire flaming rabies build relies on the carrion wind ring which gives the synergy bug. Personally I wouldn't want to use it. It's like marrowwalks for necro's.. If you want, it works. :rolleyes:

''Mil & Sam'' :buddies:

10. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

11. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Just wanna mention the 300% ED is off-weapon ED. As in it's not on the weapon itself, so it's figured in differently IIRC. So it doesn't make a huge difference.

I'm currently... "working"(i.e. playing very very slowly) on a druid built for the Aldur's set. He's gonna be a melee build, so I guess I'll let you guys know how it works out when it finally comes to an end.

12. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I knew this...but it was nice of Blizzard to at least try and make the class specific sets viable:)

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i dont like aldurs set - you cant use wirts leg with it. :D
    Anyway, i suggest something simular to reborns build, since you know its do-able.

14. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

If you don't like to be frustrated, fire claw is probably your best bet. Though I think aldur set bear looks weird since the "aura" wasn't designed for such a big object, and the bear only has its lower half covered.

15. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

My Aldur's Druid used max Grizzly, OS, and Rabies, with 15 Dire Wolves and 5 Lyc.

Works just great, if you find Carrion Wind usage acceptable.