Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Build for a Melee Pally?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kz777, Apr 26, 2005.

1. kz777

kz777 IncGamers Member

Best Build for a Melee Pally?

hi, im not new to the game, but i never did make a melee paladin, although i do have a hammerdin, i would definitely like to try out a melee one

some people said pally/holy freeze pally is good, other say its a shockadin, and some even suggests pure zealot, i was wondering which build is the best? or if anyone have any other new builds

also please tell me what kind of items to use, whether i should use items that gives skills or items that gives more dmg

thanks in advance for the help

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

they are all good at different things. I'd say a frosty is the most fun to play.
    Basics are: Max holy freeze and synergy, some points into zeal (often max), some into holy shield, and the rest is up to you. Sacrifice if you want more damage, salvation for more cold damage, holy shield for safer playing...
    With your items you should try to get the cold damage up, but also stack up high on crushing blow and deadly strike. aim for as high crushing blow as possible, since it will really drag those monster's life down in notime.
    There should be a guide to it somewhere in this forum...

3. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Hi!

It all depends what gear you have for your melee paladin!

I have tried pure Fanatic Zealot, Frost Zealot, Avenger, Tesladin and many more! Lets start with Fanatic Zealot first see what u think!

Skills
    20 - Fanaticism (main fight aura)
    20 - Zeal (Ar + damage boost)
    20 - Sacrifice (Synergy to zeal + more damage)
    20 - Holyshield (keep your block at 75%)
    1 - 20 - Defiance not sure that u can max this skill though

+ all the prereq skills

Other usefull skills might be Vigor, Redemption, Cleansing, Vengeance (1 point is enough)

Str - Enough to use gear
    Dex - It depends how your Attack rating is. dont go over the top
    Vita - The rest goes here
    Energy - 0

Now for the gear! This depende on what gear u posses! If this build is for PvM the following gear is more than enough IMO!

Helmet - Crown of Ages (socked with um + open socket so far). A nice Rockstopper works well too!
    Armor - Fortitude (Ladder only), Duress otherwise (great armor IMO)
    Shield - HoZ PDiamant
    Weapon - Stormlash (very nice weapon). I socketd mine wit an eth rune!
    Gloves - Dracuuls. Life Tap is very nice!
    Belt - Verdungo
    Boots - Goreriders
    Ring 1 - Ravenfrost
    Ring 2 - Carrionwind (BK is nice too but i neede to boost up my poison resist)
    Amulet - Highlords

Merc - Offensive act 2 merc from NM (Might Mercaura) with Reapers Toll, Eth Gaze and upped Shaftstop!

With the above setup you reach 4 fpa zeal!
    If u need to get more input read the guides at the top of the page! Otherwise you can try your way untill u find something that works!

/Dec

4. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

in my oppinion a teslafroster, tesladin, and freezedin dont qualify as melee if you're talking about pvp.

5. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

Why's that? Just because their auras cause damage? To actually do real damage they have to physically attack their target.

6. Doll Call

the auras do damage, also i dont classify it as melee because its a good chunk of elemental damage, and if you ever went into private melee/zeal duels usually elemental damage of any kind is frowned upon. mainly since pally versus pally zealots have poor resistances.

7. kz777

kz777 IncGamers Member

hey guys sry i should've made it more clear...

i want a pally for PvM, not PvP, also i plan to use a Grief i just made, so what build is the best for that?

8. Doll Call

well melee pvm i've had great sucsess with my dreamdin (if thats not out of your price range). solos baal quite nicely. great fun with a merc too.