Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best build as of 1.10?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rejiu-II, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Rejiu-II

Rejiu-II IncGamers Member

Best build as of 1.10?

I really haven't played 1.10 much, so I'm lost as to which character is dominating battle.net right now. I'm looking for the best character overall for pvm use.

Please don't say assassin (or at least an assassin that requires nat's claw -- I know for sure i can't afford that). I'm going to use the replies to this thread to build a new char. I'm going to liquidate the majority of my items and get some new stuff for it.

I'd appreciate if you posted what you thought is the best char build right now, and with some evidence to back it up of course :thanks:

2. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

Hammerdin. Basically nothing is immune to the hammers and it does crazy damage. I think there's a bug with the magic immunes too as I saw a Hammerdin kill a few with only hammers and I was the only other char there (and no mercs)....

3. bin_ary

bin_ary IncGamers Member

i think hammerdins are the best but theyre extremely costly if you wanna make one with good gear.

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Costly only if you want to make one with the best gear. Hammerdins do extremely well with great gear, but one reason they are so good is that they can fare well with only-decent gear.

5. Rejiu-II

What would be the type of gear I'd want to look at for a hammerdin? I'd imagine lots of mana-type stuff.

Now that I think of it, probably many expensive and rare runewords that I won't be able to afford.

Any suggestions for a tighter budget?

6. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Helm: Tarnhelm, Lore
    Weapon: Wizardspike
    Armour: Vipermagi, Que-Hegans
    Shield: Steelclash
    Gloves: Magefist, Frostburns
    Belt: Tal-Rasha's
    Boots: Silkweaves, Waterwalks
    Ammy: +Pally skills, Faster Cast Rate
    Rings: Faster Cast Rate, +mana
    Charms: +life/mana, Faster Hit Recovery

Thats a fairly affordable hammerdin that can more than likely pass through normal and nightmare with ease.

7. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Dominating battle.net? Seems most multiplay games you're assured to have a sorc of one build or another.

As far as dominating in the game itself, there are several choices.

Berserker Barb, not that fast but lethal
    Sorc can pretty well breeze through the whole game with +5 skills, not hard to achieve
    Skellimancer, only hard part was normal Diablo. Otherwise, just lay back and curse your way to victory.
    Hammerdin only tricky part is the maggot lair and sometimes getting hammers to hit that last dang monster!!!
    Wind druid is the most fun so far, haven't finished the game with this build yet (chapter 3 hell now) but he hasn't run into any problem.

That's about all the builds I have played and found that they can dominate rather well in hell. From playing none really are better than the others.

8. Kralgar

Kralgar Banned

Hammerdin = Perhaps the most powerful, Perhaps the most BORING too. IMHO of course.

9. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Of course. :uhhuh:

I do think, if a 'best build' had to be classified, the hammerdin would take the cake.

10. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Heh I am actually building one of those right now. Thanks to Usu for gear donation. :)

11. toader

toader Banned

As everyone said the "best" probably has to go to hammerdin (with enigma armor)

A hammerdin without enigma is just as good as a blizzard sorc with a lvl'd might merc.

Blizzard sorcs are cheaper to build and mercs are cheap to equip, just need to spend some time lvling him. Alot of people will disagree with me saying that the might aura doesnt help the sorc so its a waste. Well, my little might merc can handle all the cold immunes you can throw at him VERY fast, and thats the point of the merc for me: to dispatch what I cant.

Skeletonmancer falls in a very close 3rd. He will never die, nor will his skeletons, but the killing speed wont be as fast.

12. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I agree with you toader, that a might merc would be good for a blizzard sorc. However, I created a Blizzard sorc for two specific reasons. 1) Kill Mephisto, and 2) Run the Mausoleum in 8 player games. For those two brainless activities, a holy freeze merc or no merc at all works great :)

But if you expect to be able to play through the game at all, then yes, you will need a merc capable of killing what you can't.

13. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Another point on mercs, Depending on your character and build, if you choose to invest in a might merc, and have the rescources to eventually do so, get your might merc a Doom runeworded weapon. Now you have might & holy freeze.

14. Rejiu-II

What would be the kind of skill point distribution and decent equipment for a skeletonmancer? Now that I think about it, I want a more fun character.

If there's some guide that covers all this, please point me to it.

15. Nevre

Nevre IncGamers Member

The original question was cool, and I definately vote hammerdin!
    Well, if you are also looking for fun all sorts of paladins are cool, avengers can solo most anything.

However, this last point is just getting lazy!

Head over to the necromancer interact forum, they have all the builds you could ever want and more.

16. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Hammers ignore immunities and resistance on all demons and undead, and as far as I know that isn't a bug.

The only thing immune to a hammerdin is a bosspack in the ruined temple of act 3.

17. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Sorcs, sorcs, sorcs. Everyone ( me included) is making a MF sorc. Go to the sorc forum see the meteorb guide. I am not or I should say I wasn't a big fan of sorcs but after completing tal rasha set decided to make one. I can see why so many people make MF chars from sorcs. It is just amazing. Another good chaarcter are trap assis. They are actually quite cheap to make. They do very well in hell. Mine was an MF and did so well that end up collecting the parts of the tal rasha set or oither things that were easy trade for tal rasha items. If you are poor, just starting, Go for a trapsin.

18. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

i agree hammerdins flat out own all. with only one monster immune to hammers.. some wailing beast in act 3 hell ( where you get the tomb book thinggy ) i can solo hell baal with ease. i dunno about other classes but i have no problems at all. i also blaze threw the pits for nice finds. rushing is very easy if u got enimga just tp n kill. fast lvling too my hammerdin is lvl 90 and i've had him for like 2 weeks. i dont lvl with him much.

19. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Hammerdins are pretty popular mainly because they spank every monster in the damn game (Except some act 3 losers, but who goes there a lot anyway). I have one myself, it is pretty boring but for me its the perfect MF char. I just use him before I go offline, to do a couple runs. Have to admit: It feels like you are playing with fully hacked items, they are so powerful.

-Backdoor Bandit

20. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

agreed
    hammerdins have to be the best

BUT, if i wuz you, and i'm not, i'd make a blizz sorc to mf andy, meph, trav, and pindle in hell. in a few weeks u'll have enought to equip a hammerdin and most any other character nicely. i find it more fun to make a character after i have some descent gear to look forward to wearing.
    i'm in the processing of making my 1st hammerdin, now that i've gotten him some nice gear