Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Bow???

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Gnostosis, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Gnostosis

Gnostosis IncGamers Member

Best Bow???

After reading and just generally viewing what people have been saying is the best bow for a Bowazon I have a few questions.

Firstly everyone says Faith is the best bow, "go with Faith" "yea faith rules" blah blah etc.

When infact if you try bows out Faith isn't the best, Brand is better by far from my observations. Faith's 10% re-ainmate is useless as best, the best part about faith is the aura, but you could easy put that bow on your merc and voila you've got it. That is depending how finicky you get about having a merc.

So why does everyone mention faith when talking about a good bow for a zon or an elite bow? Is it just for the aura? Does it get the 12 year old kids all excited?

Why don't more people mention Brand? It easily outkills Faith and is alot cooler I think, its alot of fun.

I just read a Runeword guide and dear god, are people stupid or am I missing something? Again Faith is placed on a holy mantle, faith to me again is the bow you give your merc or its the bow you use until you get something better. The 10% reanimate sucks really badly period. It might be cool in nightmare but it sucks in Hell, thats where brand takes over completely.

For the people that get all zealous about faith, ever try faith out? Or are you just reading the text and making conclusions from there?

It seems pretty simple to draw conclusions on what the best bow is, you put it on and then you go try it out, which ever one kills faster is better.

Oh and for all of the Diablo 2 uber geeks out there don't get offended by what I've said, please keep in mind this is a game, it doesn't matter regardless.

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

I have never played any of those bows. Yet if I look at the stats, I'm convinced for faith aswell. Or give you merc faith and use wf or something else your self.

brand has no IAS, does not that much more dmg than faith, unless you have a perfect one (10%). 100% ctc bone spear is laggy they say and 35% ctc when struck is usless too. A zon should not be hit.

Faith has very good IAS, skill and nice dmg. And more things that are usefull. resist, extra gold...
    And that reanimate looks very good. Some mosters come to tank for you. How they do I don't know, but extra tanks are always nice.

The lack of IAS on brand means that you'll have to get IAS gear, whiche you don't need with faith and your merc will be better aswell with faith. On the other hand, against demons, and with the perfect gear assembly, I'd for brand. And brand doesn't seem to be better for pvp.

3. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

You really know how to put your hand in the nest here with this post. This will surely wake up some flamers here:))

Im not the biggest fan of Faith GmB or MB either, but there are some very nice mods on it..
    -Fana: this, ofc, makes the bow what it is.
    -Skills: 2 skills is always good for the passives and Multi, allthough it aint 'really necessary'
    -ITD: this does so that you dont need to go all out on Penetrate
    -300%AR: Again, more AR. Always good.
    -All Res 15: Not make or break for a Bowazon, but it doesnt hurt either.
    10% Reani: Some minions is good, makes the monsters attack them instead of you.

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

faith is the best bow simply because it allows you to reach maximum speed period.
    you can look at damage numbers all day long but in the end faith owns them all by sheer speed (the only exception is if you use WF and faith on merc, and ice bow for icemaidens)

brand has become completely useless since blizz fixed the marrow bug

also the reanimate is quite useful in fact, skeletons spawn quite often and they're quite tough - one can even take a few hits from de seis' minions in hell

5. Gnostosis

Gnostosis IncGamers Member

Alright Don't post if you dont know what your talking about. If you've never used the bows don't post cause it doesn't mean "obsenities". Anyway If you've ever used the bow the reanimate is worthless, those skeletons aren't around when you need them, they are slow and most of the time they totally miss the enemies, you kill them faster than the time it takes for the pieces of crap to get there. So don't go putting them off as useful as they just wander off like those npc barbs which are totally useless, they are at most for decoration. You can reach maximum speed with brand if you give your merc faith. Which kills ten times faster than faith. What I'm wondering now is if you give your merc pride how well that might work out with his aura. Although I like the bonespear effect and that it hits everyone behind the first monster. And we're not talking about a time long ago when bonespear could have been better, I'm talking about the fact of right now, did you see what I wrote? I said I just compared the two, I like brand better because its funner and kills faster.

6. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

They are useful, its not the reanimates job to kill your enemies. Thats your job! You want them for the shield effect and disturbing your enemies.
    Its the barbs in Bloody Foothills you mean, right? I hope you aint talking about the A5 merc here, because if so, you are way off.

7. NoNameLancealot

NoNameLancealot IncGamers Member

Remember that you keep saying "oh faith isn't too great just put it on your merc" However, if you do that, you completely take away the fact that you can have an act 2 MIGHT merc using PRIDE which will give you 16-20 CONCENTRATION as well. High damage bow(Faith)+15 fanatacism+20 might+20 concentration seems an aweful high amount of damage to me as compared to...High damage bow(Brand)+15 fanatacism.

Also all that extra amount of damage multiplied by how much faster faith is than brand make it exponentially better. Plus even if you could get brand to be as fast as faith by putting faith on your merc, thus giving much less damage than the conc+fanat+might option, even if it was just as fast you still would do less damage. Faith may give greater flexibility in your equipment too.

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Half a dozen meat shields that can tank Hell Lister is useless? :rolleyes:

9. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

I've been a Brand zealot for ages, but I would strongly suggest that you check HERE.

Then check your head.

:thumbsup:

Speed kills. Proc's don't.

10. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

do you think he liked your guide wade? :laugh:

gnostosis...what build did you test the bows on? skills? what other equipment was used? what areas were you clearing?...i think a few people would be interested in a build that outperforms faith...teach us.

there is a lot of that going around lately.

11. Demonic Angel Rules

Demonic Angel Rules IncGamers Member

This is a little off topic but how much is a WF worth? ive heard it go form a pul to 5 SOJ. Theres no way in hell ill pay 5 SOJ for one. And who would drop one. Diablo,Baal, Pindil?

O and if both brand and faith kill really fast and u can do a run at about the same speed then who cares which one is better. If u got brand or faith be happy cause now u can kill like crazy.

12. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

A *little* off-topic? :rolleyes:
    ~Um would be my guess. Check out the Trade Value forum for a more definite answer.
    Both Baal and Pindleskin can drop one.

13. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

lvl 96 ladder bowzon on euscl
    good enough for you? :azn:

and i'm aware that wf+merc faith can do more dmg than various faith+pride combos (at high levels at least, 90+), but both combos have advantages and disadvantages

i don't think brand really stands out in any way, esp. after the 1.11 (no more marrow bug which erroneously synergized bone spear, giving it a considerable dmg boost), i don't see where it clearly stands out in comparison to other bows

14. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

never tried brand, but i have been using a faith gmb as soon as i could afford it. and i must disagree that those returned are damn usefull, having an extra tank can never go wrong.
    but what most people go for is the AR bonus and speed...

from what i heard, you don't get the full IAS bonus if the fanat is placed on the merc.

15. brualness

brualness Banned

y my bowazon has faith coz i have an a2 merc with pride and might aura

16. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Off-topic:

:rolleyes: Did everyone know that yesterday was National Puncuation Day?:scratch:

17. superdave

off-topic:

:rolleyes: did everyone know that the day before yesterday was national puncTuation day and today is national spellin' day.?:scratch

gotcha. :grin:

18. D2Freak91776

D2Freak91776 IncGamers Member

Its "spelling". :grin:

People use Faith for the shiny aura. :thumbsup:

19. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

If you put the Faith on your merc, you only get half the increased damage. Put the Faith on you, and it does more damage much faster than a Brand. With, god forbid, a concentration and might aura on top of the full fanatacism auru, it does WAY more damage (and it's still faster).

The only thing Brand has going for it is the "cool" looking BS, which is the same "decoration" as reanimated, except reanimated are extremely useful.

20. superdave

an apostrophe is commonly used to indicate omitted character(s). :tongue: