Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best bow for a hunter druid?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Gibby, May 23, 2005.

1. Gibby

Gibby Banned

Best bow for a hunter druid?

Hello! I'm making a hunter/summoner druid, and I was wondering in your opinions, what is the best bow for a hunter druid?

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

I'm leaning towards Witchwild String because of it's ability to Amplify for your summons. It also doesn't take up any arrows so you could shoot all you want.

3. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

(upped) witchwild string (resists, 2 socket, amp) and (upped) kuko shakaku (50% pierce, explosive arrows, fire dmg, low str req) are popular choices for hunters. A few use buriza too (high dmg, 80%ias, 100% pierce, cold dmg)

4. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Love the kuko and since I prefer getting my amp from a lacerator on the switch I use a silence crusador bow due to decent damage and speed, +2 skills, large res boost among other mods. Some of the new runewords are tasty looking but since I do not play ladder I have never tried them.

5. kurupt439

kurupt439 IncGamers Member

This looks pretty sexy to me:
    Faith
    4 Socket Missile Weapons
    Ohm + Jah + Lem + Eld

Level 12-15 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped (varies)
    +1-2 To All Skills (varies)
    +330% Enhanced Damage
    Ignore Target's Defense
    300% Bonus To Attack Rating
    +75% Damage To Undead
    +50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
    All Resistances +15
    10% Reanimate As: Returned
    75% Extra Gold From Monsters

Give your merc a reaper's toll and he'll take care of the decreping and watch your fanat buddies rip things to shreds.

6. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

yeah, and Faith is so cheap as well(pun intended)

i kinda like Beowulf's idea of using a silence, these must not be that expensive nowdays as ppl tend to want to get rid of them.

You should here have a good display of decent options that are reasonably obtainable.

7. RaNcOr

RaNcOr IncGamers Member

What about harmony??? it has decent elemental damage and plus it has those tasty revive charges in hard times. Expensive though....but nothing an ort + chippy can fix. Also i was thinking if you land a +6 valk on your harmony and get many + skills (shako,coh,sojs,arach,anni,maras,bcommand from cta) you can cast a level 17 valkyrie which spawns with its elite equipment!!! :thumbsup:

8. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

If u are suggesting coh and cta then having faith too would not be a problem...

/Dec

9. RaNcOr

RaNcOr IncGamers Member

Yeah, but i'm also not saying the level 17 is a must, thats just for the elite equipment. even without those extra levels the valk is a sturdy meatshield.

10. kurupt439

kurupt439 IncGamers Member

Also, I think he asked for the best possible.... Therefore no price was mentioned, and the absolute best items should be suggested. No need for the nasty replies... That being said, I still think faith would be best.

11. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

What reply was nasty?

12. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

This one was kind of sarcastic and nasty.

By the way, that is no pun. More of a sarcastic remark (which a pun is not).

He was asking for the best bow possible, nothing about cost in his question.

Faith would probably be best for the Fanatacism (better attack speed for you and minions), ITD, massive 330%AR, +skills and 15 resist all.

13. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

Sarcastic, maybe, sort of...
    Now, "nasty"? you're pushing it a bit far...
    If you got it that way, then you got it wrong.

I must confess i skipped the "best bow" part, so i guess i must say i'm wrong regarding that...

...now, the sarcasm was on faith's stupid price anyway, not on Kurupt himself, so if you got that wrong, i'm sorry about it.

Btw, aznbboi, seeing Kurupt's post, i don't think he was in need of a "savior", he seems to be able to settle things by himself , which he did.
    So do not throw salt on the wound and mind your own business, will you?

I usually don't answer to these kind of posts, but i wanted Kurupt to be clear about what i meant, since he got me wrong, nothing else. I hope it's the case now and that there's no hard feeling about it, Kurupt.

And sorry Gibby, I won't spoil your thread anymore.

14. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

I was only answering Beowulf (he was wondering which post kurupt could have possibly taken as "nasty", which also does not necessarily mean you were being nasty) and providing my own input on the thread topic. I wasn't trying to be a "savior" and this forum is public, so it really is anyone's business to answer a post.

15. harley98

harley98 IncGamers Member

i like the brand bow - bone spear, exploding arrow ect......on switch laceator flying axe/storm shield. lacetor has a 33% chance to cast amp

16. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Best = Faith...+2 skills, fanat for you and minions, itd, 300% ar, 10% revive

Cheap endgame alternatives:
    -Widowmaker...guided arrow means 100% c.t.h., magic arrow, 33% DS
    -Harmony...Vigor, Valk, 165-480 elemental damage
    -WWS...Huge DS, magic arrow, resists, 2 sockets

Expensive Alternatives:
    -Silence...+2skills, 75 resists, lots of smaller mods
    -Windforce...huge damage, knockback
    -BotD...very good damage, stat points, pmh, 60%ias
    -HoJ, Brand, Pheonix are all over price for their usefulness

I like Kuko but it peaks in NM act 4 and can't keep up after that. Even upgraded, I would take a up'ed WWS or Harmony with a razortail over it any day. I also do not think the Expensive runeword bows are worth investing in when you consider they are not really any cheaper than a Faith.

Edit: Brand may be worth the runes if combined with Marrowwalks and razortail, but Faith is still better.

17. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hey ya i read somewhere @ the Amazon Forums that tests are being done with Brand r/w to see if one wear razortail and if your arrows pierce then there would be multi castings of bone spears! Marrows to synergise spears but other than slightly low run/walk its not a bad pair of boots for a bow wielding char i think :D But ya if cost is no barrier a nice Faith, merc, grizzly and HOW sounds like a plan :p For cheaper alternatives upped WWS or even upped Goldstrike sounds great 50ias+massive ed to undead/demons and bonus AR with goldstrike sounds useful to me hehe Cheers!

18. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

that would be hot..tell us what happens