Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

best bone weapon

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by derekdoo, Apr 6, 2005.

1. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

best bone weapon

i think doom is best, because it gives slow freeze + 2 skills and i can still max fcr with it.

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls Diabloii.Net Member

For a bone necro...white is probably overall the best weapon.

HoS

3. cotton

cotton Diabloii.Net Member

I'm in the process of finishing out my first bone necro (lvl 60 something right now, act II hell.) I've got wizard spike stored away in the stash with a plan to try out the 125 breakpoint once he grows up, but as of yet I haven't been able to put my "white" made in a +3 bonespear wand down. I don't know how I could handle the mana drain of faster casting anyway, but those resists sure would be nice.

I know that's not a vote, just a couple of observations, but I thought I'd throw in the story of a middle aged bonemancer. If anybody's got tips, I'd appreciate them. I followed soullesschild's guide and am maxing bone prison before teeth. My gear is pretty standard--pdiamond humonc, skin of the viper, shako, upped nightsmoke, magefists, +3 ammy, some rare rings, and nat's boots. I know I've got some socketing to do in armor and helm, and the jewelry can be upgraded, but I'm a little worried about mana and resists.

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls Diabloii.Net Member

Wiz spike is always good for the mana and the resists...as well as the fcr. I like a white wand over doom because of all the + skills it gives to the bone skills and having a higher level of spear and spirit is always good.

On mine that I started 2 days ago...am working on maxxing bone wall at the moment...then with get my curses up to decrep. I'm level 70 though...and have wall and curses left to do.

HoS

5. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

White is surely the best if you don't lack FCR/Resist. The dmg output is very nice.

6. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj Diabloii.Net Member

It's very hard to argue against a single item that can potentially give +8 to your primary attack skill.

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

FCR

White - 20
    Vipermagi - 30
    FCR crown - 10 or 20 (possible w/Necro +skills)
    Spirit Shield - 25-35
    Arachnid's - 20
    FCR rings X 2 - 20
    Crafted FCR Amulet for one 11-20

max possible FCR: 165%

There's lots of ways to get 125% without wiz spike and with good enough items you can still have space to shore up resists and other stuff. +8 is kind of hard to turn down if you ask me. I would use Wiz more for a temporary boost to resists than anything else.

8. TheWorm

TheWorm Diabloii.Net Member

Hoto is the best IMO
    40 FCR plus 35ish from spirit shield, that's 75 right there. Add 20 from your belt and 20 from your gloves, thats 115. Strap on a 10 FCR ring, ammy or helm and you hit the breakpoint.

9. Doll Call

Doll Call Diabloii.Net Member

hoto is pretty badass... so is wizzy... and so is white. but i'm not big on the whole spirit thing... too bad normal class kites didnt get 4os because then they would actualy be good. white would defintley be something worth trunk space... for fighting melees, and non elementals... but i cant part with 30-40 resist all in most pubs.

20% circlet
    20% trang's claws
    20% arachnid mesh
    20% ammy (if you're lucky enough)
    40% hoto
    10% ring
    hommun

10. derekdoo

derekdoo Banned

after you hit up to the 4k-5k range it only takes about just 2 maybe 3 if hit low spirits to kill a necro, unless you can get enough to make it a one hitter its not that great and, agaisnt other chars slow is more valuable, a cold slow + decep is like 30 45 % slow is more helpful agaisnt more wide array of enemies, although most NvN is screen away type dueling range, agaisnt tanking fire and wind druids it helps. for your zon i just tele next to them and decep and spam, worst thing they do is a 6 sec dodge animation and with slow and decep on a barb you can take time you spam spirit or aim your spears because they get real slow in a ww anaimation with cold and decep.
    the white does add alot more skills but, you wont get a crazy amount of more damage and unless you can kill Necros 1 hit its not on my list.

11. dys0r

dys0r Diabloii.Net Member

White is definitely good to boosting your primary attack (spear), but it can never replace the likes of something like hoto, even for NvN. I've tried the white setups, and although my damage went to 7k spear, I found myself recasting golem very, very often in duels (they barely get like 4k life). And clay golems take a huge bite out of your mana pool + the potential of you getting caught in the recasting animation.

With a hoto setup, not only do I get resists, I do around 6.1k spear with the golem having nearly 9k life. Trust me, golems save your life in any duel, and you want that thing around as long as possible.

- Terry

12. cotton

cotton Diabloii.Net Member

Some of that gear is pretty high end (arach, hoto, and a good circ,) and currently a little out of my price range on ladder. The fat mana and life boost on shako isn't something I think I can forego right now either. Presently, my setup looks like this:

White (20)
    Magefists (20)
    Skin of the Viper (30)
    Rare ammy (10)

for a total of 80 fcr

I've also got a 10 fcr rare ring and need to find another, so when I carry Wizzy I'm over the 125 bp.

13. shmiddy

shmiddy Diabloii.Net Member

im using whiz spike right now cause my amulet is only 7fcr (looking for a 15 still)...my fcr is like this:
    50 whiz
    20 trangs
    20 arach
    20 circlet (2 necro/20fcr/20resists/shael)
    10 ring (has str and res too)
    and 7 amulet...

of course if i get a good amulet id use hoto

14. kogh

kogh Diabloii.Net Member

i've always been fond of my perf boneshade =O