Best band of the 90's?

myleftfoot

Diabloii.Net Member
Christor said:
erm....ahh....I'm torn between Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden.

While Soundgarden was the best grunge band of the 90's (Nirvana who?), Nine Inch Nails is gonna have to get the nod here. Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile are all unmatched in my book.
Rage > Nine Inch Nails > SoundGarden imo

SkaMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Christor said:
erm....ahh....I'm torn between Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden.

While Soundgarden was the best grunge band of the 90's (Nirvana who?), Nine Inch Nails is gonna have to get the nod here. Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile are all unmatched in my book.
But you're a nub? J/K LOLOLOLROFFLE!

I'd vote for nirvana in the influencial stakes, although personal favourite would have to be sublime. April 26 1992 baby!

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I'm with you Ska... Nirvana for most influential, Sublime is my favorite, hands down.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
Most influential (no order):
NIN
Nirvana
Limp Bizket
Oasis
Rage Against the Machine

Best:
Garth Brooks (this is hard to say from a country-music hater)
Nirvana
NIN
Verve Pipe (ok, that's a personal favorite)
Matchbox 20 (possibly mest non-alternative rock band of the 90s)
Greenday
Oasis (European following)
and I'm going to say this one seriously: Bloodhound Gang (They are actually a very large band in Europe from what I understand. Figure that one. But if I'm wrong, then they shouldn't be here)
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
probably many more

As a side note, this is the first 100+ post thread I've read the whole way through in a long time. Another note, whoever necro'ed this should be put to death...19 months old!? Probably 10% of the people posting in this thread have been banned!

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
piff said:
As a side note, this is the first 100+ post thread I've read the whole way through in a long time. Another note, whoever necro'ed this should be put to death...19 months old!? Probably 10% of the people posting in this thread have been banned!
I noticed a lot of bannees in there also (CoD: blunt force trauma with a ban stick). i also must have missed Steve_Kow getting banned. i guess he finally crossed the line one too many times. <sigh> I liked him when he wasn't spouting his...um.....rhetoric. Anyway, I'm off to pigeonhole bortaz, anyone want to join in?

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
If I recall correctly, Steve_KOW has been banned a couple times now.

How could I forget, Bush. They're one of the better bands of the 90s.

TheDanRathersProject

Diabloii.Net Member
#1 Primus (les claypool is god)
#2 At The Drive in
#3 Dream Theater
#4 Metalica
#5 Nirvana
#6 Rage against The Machine
#7 Sublime
#8 SoundGarden
#9 Alice in Chains
#10 Ween ( I wana see how many people even know who they are)

Nerf-Herder

Diabloii.Net Member
Clutch

hands down, the BEST band born in and surviving all the way through the '90s (first recordings in 1991 and they are still around to this day)

neil fallon is the most original lyricist ever

i taught guitar for almost the entire decade, and i have to say that the most "influential" bands (according to student request and such) were nirvana, green day, and weezer