Best band of the 90's?

Leki OMG t3h slipkont aer t3h pwnt [/retarded Marylin Manson fan]
But seriously, Cruxshadows and Nirvana were probably the best bands of the 90's. Either them, or KMFDM.

Pitboss_2000

Diabloii.Net Member
Nirvana is the most over-rated band in the '90s, if you ask me. One great song, two or three good songs and a bunch of depressing drivel. I heard 'Heart Shaped Box' on the radio last week and I basically just wanted to scratch my eyes out, I think it's terrible.

For the best band: I'd have to say either At The Drive-In, for being both incredibly talented and truly inventive, or Sick Of It All, for single-handedly bringing hardcore back from it's grave.

And Fear Factory isn't nu metal, they lack the self-pity.

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
Pitboss_2000 said:
Nirvana is the most over-rated band in the '90s, if you ask me. One great song, two or three good songs and a bunch of depressing drivel. I heard 'Heart Shaped Box' on the radio last week and I basically just wanted to scratch my eyes out, I think it's terrible.
I think you just missed the point.

I tend to hate on popular things that I dont personally get down with, but it doesnt mean that the thing has no value, it typically just wasnt worth the hype/popularity.

The Beatles, Plastic Wristbands anything..,.

dirkdig

Diabloii.Net Member
The Rolling Stones, same with every other decade.

In all seriousness, all the best 90s bands came out of the 80s or 1990-1. Rush, Pearl Jam, No doubt, DMB, U2... the list goes on. Of the ones listed I would pick Primus for sheer musical talent (their bassist is hands-down the best of all time) or Nirvana for innovation.

fiend!

Banned
Funny ****ediggers, this thread's for kids!
Don't post unless you're under 42"!
Anyway my ancient two cents [now worth $28 due to inflation] had to be added to this thread.

DemBonez

Diabloii.Net Member
dirkdig said:
...Primus for sheer musical talent (their bassist is hands-down the best of all time)
You mean besides the hundreds of other guys who are just as good/better than him?

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
"Spawn" just doesn't sound as cool

My pick: The Offspring. They had some of the best guitar work and drum work I've heard and their songs had soul and meaning.

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't have time to read all of the responses, but I'd have to go with one of 4 bands.

Though all very creative, I don't care for all of them, so I'll list them in preferrential order, though I acknowledge each of their importance.

Dave Matthews Band(I'm surpised I hadn't seen this up through page 6)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Radiohead
U2

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
Fiend, holy **** this thread is 7 months old and from what I can see has already been run into the ground. Let it die.

And Alice in Chains, forever lost in the shadow of Nirvana...
more that all was said in 2004. it was like a surreal flashback. I had a post in it I don't remember posting. I've dissappeared for months at a time more than once since i wrote that.

Pitboss_2000

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
I think you just missed the point.

I tend to hate on popular things that I dont personally get down with, but it doesnt mean that the thing has no value, it typically just wasnt worth the hype/popularity.
That's more or less what I'm trying to say. :/ I mean, they were a better band than a lot of stuff out there (Korn, Roxette, whatever) but all of this 'omg best band/best album/best song ever'-stuff is completely out of proportion.

Christor

Diabloii.Net Member
erm....ahh....I'm torn between Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden.

While Soundgarden was the best grunge band of the 90's (Nirvana who?), Nine Inch Nails is gonna have to get the nod here. Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Fragile are all unmatched in my book.