Best band of the 90's?

vdzele

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
And then theres that one dude who decided to name every band he could remember hearing in the 90's.
Clearly this is posted at my address. You said “hearing†like I heard it from somewhere or somebody told me they existed. But from what you have posted I have nothing much to add => Dude.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
The Archies
No but seriously, I think Kurt Cobain took heroin mainly because he had severe stomach cramps throughout his life. Apparently, the pain was excrutiating and maybe that was one of the reasons he took his life.

As for the bands.
RATM
NIN
Nirvana
Limp Bizkit (I Hate the band but it influenced crap *** rap/metal combo that persists to this day)
Korn (Dont particularly like it but once again influences nu-metal)

Devolution

Diabloii.Net Member
MasterOfPuppets said:
"I think Nirvana's a great band but I feel they're really overrated kind of like Metallica, but not the same extent, at least in my school."

Yeah Metallica is overrated. I mean Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets were pure *delete*. Same with St. W/-\nkerr. (No sarcasm with W/-\nker).
I said ovverrated. I didn't say they didn't have talent and I didn't say they released bad albums. All I meant was I don't think they deserve all the attention they get... the Metallica tribute shows like they're some kind of gods, like they invented music or that they're the toughest hardcore **** out there.

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh...Nirvana had the most impact, but not my fav (cause they play the same songs over and over on teh radio)
I really liked the Verve...too bad they never got off the ground
And Metallica and Rage were both good, and influencial bands of the time

Remlak

Diabloii.Net Member
Bone :p Their style of rap when 'creepin on ah comeup' came out in '94-or '95 was fresh and original.

And i didnt see a mention for beck anywhere

but my list:

Beck
Nirvana
Bone
Boyz2men
Rage

Jonas

Diabloii.Net Member
HANSON!

:scared:

Nah, Just kidding. :evil:

Radiohead would be my choice for "Best 90's band.

At The Drive-In

Quite possibly one of the best bands of the 90s... if not the best.
Crazy lyrics... new sounds... new everything... tons of energy (which most bands don't have).

How can you even consider Nirvana as one of the best bands of the 90s?
Playing power chords make you an awesome guitar player or something?
Nirvana was only big because of marketing.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
One_Line_Drawing said:
At The Drive-In

Quite possibly one of the best bands of the 90s... if not the best.
Crazy lyrics... new sounds... new everything... tons of energy (which most bands don't have).

How can you even consider Nirvana as one of the best bands of the 90s?
Playing power chords make you an awesome guitar player or something?
Nirvana was only big because of marketing.
Stupidest thing I've read yet in the thread.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Fiend, holy **** this thread is 7 months old and from what I can see has already been run into the ground. Let it die.

And Alice in Chains, forever lost in the shadow of Nirvana...

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
PatMaGroin said:
Fiend, holy **** this thread is 7 months old and from what I can see has already been run into the ground. Let it die.

And Alice in Chains, forever lost in the shadow of Nirvana...
Your math is off. Try 19 months. I saw this thread and was like "when the hell did I make a post in that?"

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
What Jonesy said. Especially the part about "Gu, I made a post in this thread?"

Though, while I'm here, I'd like to throw out Slint and Drive Like Jehu