Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best backup skill for CB sorc?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by tigercan, Mar 20, 2005.

1. tigercan

tigercan IncGamers Member

Best backup skill for CB sorc?

My new HC character is based on my old CB sorceress - obviously with synergies now I'll be investing 20 into lightning as well as CB and LM.

Not too sure what the most viable backup skill would be though.
    I'm leaning towards the cold tree as there seem to be less synergies to worry about needing to boost damage, but can't decide between Blizzard and Frozen Orb.
    There seems to be a lot of talk about Blizzy sorcs now - is it really that good?

Obviously I'll also still be dropping a point into warmth, teleport and static.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated ( currently flying through act 1 - level 14 CB at clvl 15 tends to shred stuff rather quickly :D )

tia

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Blizzard is really good, but this skill needs some amount of skill points spent in synergies to be better than Frozen Orb. IMHO It's better to rely on Frozen Orb and some points in CM - Generally you need only 30 skill points to have Hell viable backup skill.

(Why do you think that the most cookie cutter sorc build is meteORB not meteZZARD?)

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

frozen orb. you can get away with ~25 points spent into the cold tree. however it normally takes 30-35 depending on +skills.

Firewall is not a bad choice either if you can get a +3 firewall leaf staff(hopefully with +firemastery too) but this choice takes more points.

4. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

FO or firewall would be the best.

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I'd go with frozen orb, it's much easier to use than Firewall, which offsets the slightly lower damage...Also I think there are more fire immunes but this could just be my imagination.

6. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

i'd say frozen orb too, easy to use and does not need a whole lot of skill points to be effective.

altough i would not be surprised if you would start to feel tempted to use frozen orb more then charged bolt once you got some nice amount of skill points in it :)