Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best baal runner variant?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Vindus, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Vindus

Vindus IncGamers Member

Best baal runner variant?

I just recently got the full tals set and was wondering what type of sorc build would be the best for doing mf runs on baal in hell.

2. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

Tell you the truth tho. I dont think that sorc is made to go for baal run. Since the last area is load with all 3 elemental im monster. And the super unique carry up to 2 immun with enchant on one elemental type. Generally baal run in hell is no place for a sor.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Sorry that i have to correct you IMCL85, but that is just not true.
    A Meteorb Sorc can do Hell Baalruns just fine as any 2-tree Variant can!
    For the pesky ones that are totally immune to you, you have a Merc.
    When doing Baalruns you only head for the Throneromo anyways and teleport past all else.
    Apart from other chars using Enigma or Amu for Teleport the Sorc is the fastes Baal and Baalminions runner you can get

Slap on Thundergods Vigor or Wisp Projector for Black Souls counter measure and there is nothing that can kill you there.

Sorc Baalrunners are totally fine. CL/FO, Meteorb or any other 2-tree build with a good Merc can do Hell Baalruns in 1 player games..

4. wind

wind IncGamers Member

So far my sorc isn't quite setup to tele down to the throne. Black Souls take too big a chunk out of the life bulb to keep tele going smoothly. So I'm hoping a Wisp Projector will drop sometime then the mf runs will start.

As of now all I do is just fight my way down, longer, but it's loaded with the highest level monsters possible. This is using average gear, best things I have is a perfect vipermage, wizard spike and tal's belt, the rest comes in the neighborhood of a Tarnhelm. :lol:

My sorc is a FO/Meteor with HF merc for those dual immunes.

Generally sorcs have all the business running baal.

5. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

With Wizzy, Vipermagi you are already good set. Wisp Projector or Thundergods are good repcautions but with really high FCR 63%+ is good, best 105%+ FCR and maxed (Lightning) resists you can tele down there and be fast enough to pass by those Black Souls and just see them cast Lightning at the point where you would have been. Max Lightning Res is still a must though and also FCR for fast Teleporting.

6. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Teleporting isn't one of my best player skills, it seems I get caught clicking on places that aren't viable locations. Take a few hits while I adjust and the life bulb goes too low. Only way I see around it is to reduce that damage further.

In durance I can get away with it, WSK is different that way.