Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best baal runner goes to....

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Andrew, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Best baal runner goes to....

What character? lol... Okay.. i guess we all know the fishymancer does well, but i'm just wondering if there's any other character that can do the runs as quick or even quicker, then switch to MF gear to kill baal?

Is there?

Maybe it's time for me to build a fishymancer too. 5 guilame's face in a week is a sure sign... lol.

btw, quick check, Baal CAN drop everything in the game... right? lol...

2. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

people say hammerdins do good at wsk and baal running

personaly i don´t like them and i retired mine after he got to pat.

yes baal can drop everything.

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

first hammerdin, second winddruid :thumbsup:

4. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

most damage from sorceress, she can't be bad

5. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I agree that hammerdin's dont do that good as well. My Bone mage necro does a baal run a whole lot faster... He just cannot sacrifice gear for MF.. lol...

Wind druid? hmm... I find the rage of tornado's utterly disgusting.. worse than BHammer... But i guess thay do have a big advantage with huge life, and huge elemental absorb... hmmm... Quite possible...

6. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

I could run Baal no problem with my Blizzard/Hydra sorc. It was the cursed (or should that be cursing?) Oblivion Knights I encountered on the route to Baal who she had difficulty handling--OKs are Cold Immune, and Hydra doesn't kill 'em quick enough to save your merc from Iron Maiden.

I really must redo her as a Blizzard/Meteor sorc and see if that helps matters...

7. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

well my winddruid has currently around 2,2 K life, 75% block, 48% PDR, all resits 75% and around 3 K of elemental absorb... add in 4,5 k tornado's and 3-4K hurricane and yeah, i run baal pretty fast imo... switch included i have around 450-500% mf
    altough i REALLY wanna try out a hammerdin, never played one of those so thats my #1 thing on my to-do list

robin

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

fishy's arent the quickest, but even with ob knights IM'ing all your skeles, the amount of bodies that are lyign around ont he floor in the throne of destruction are easily enough to replace the lost soldiers. the worst bit is if you go in and you find a pack of monsters and some OK's. cause you got no bodies to regrow or CE. once you can clear the door, then it is only a matter of time.

9. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

I have fun doing runs w/ my Zealot, I can get them done in under 10 minutes pretty easy... You just have to have the tolerance to know that every once in awhile you are going to hit a rough patch where OK's and Gloams are going to take you down in successive runs.

10. usamahanas

usamahanas IncGamers Member

the fishy/summoner can do the run very easy and VERY QUICKLY, in WSK no problemms at all, only if you got hitted then you'r almost dead there, and for Baal, hmm with the right revive you should take him in no time, belive me, one minute and his life bar is behind the letter b :lol:

11. Baal

Baal IncGamers Member

my fishy? i don't know what the hell a fishy is supposed to mean - but i followed nightfish's guide (maybe that's why it's called that?)

on normal i have no problem - generally i don't get touched by an enemy. only on the rare occasion i'm close enough to get hit by one of those monsters that blows up (fire or ice)... or if i'm not paying attention and a monster teleports near me... i usually find a good safe spot to watch my minions kill... on nightmare i'm only on act II - so i don't know how well they'll take bosses yet on that level.

12. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

The one you guys missed is the trapper kicker hybrid. She's a Boss destroyer, you do have to gulp potions like crazy with Baal though even though the fight lasts like 30 sec. with 50-75% CB. The WSK gets hairy with the LI gloams so you kinda hafta reroll or CoS and run like hell. Everything else is cannon fodder to DS and LS.

13. Moog_playa

Moog_playa IncGamers Member

Never had a problem with my multizon...takes me about 9-10 minutes total, with few deaths, although my merc bits the dust quite a bit....Valkyrie doesn't however.

14. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I liked my Avenger doing it for quite a while. Right now, I have stopped Baal and am doing the Pit with my Amazon hybrid. If she had resistance, she would rock the WSK and Baal. I guess I have to sacrifice more resistance. It is a pity.

15. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Multizon... hmmm... I was leanign really heavily towards a Strafer... Maybe with magic arrow... But i don't have a really good bow, cept for witchwild (which looks really nice when upgraded), Buriza, Goldstrike and Lycanders... So currently my Strafer is on hold.... I was thinking however, a strafer with lightning fury and some synergies would pretty well...

20 strafe
    20 valkyre
    20 Lightning fury
    20 Lightning Fury Synergy

Use strafe with knockback (and high ED bow) for getting through the WSK, then use LF for baal's minions... Baal himself will be a potential problem though... due to GA not doing it's cheesy pierce anymore...

16. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Only way to kill Baal with a Strafezon is max Magic Arrow. The magic damage cuts through his PR, the AR bonus is just huge, and you get enough leech to just stand there and tank all his attacks. I even killed him on /players 8 hell just to prove it could be done. Took about 40 minutes, but it worked like a charm.

17. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

I make my runs with a Zealot. I have no problem, but because I wear so much MF gear, every now and then willl explode like a kernel of popcorn against an oblivion Knight and die instantly, so you got to avoid them when possible.

Takis (El_Greco)

18. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

I was thinking maybe Jab, cuz my old hybrid zon seems to jab really really well in 1.10... though jab only has 1 point =D... If i maxed strafe and LF and synergy as well as valk, i wont have enough points for magic arrow... sigh...

1.10 really makes you think...

19. Lucky_Seven

Lucky_Seven IncGamers Member

Hi,

last night after 5 minutes playing DII a mage in Ancients Way drop this nice Um Rune :D.

Thanks my "Good Friend". :)