Best armor for fortitude ?

Zephyrin

Diabloii.Net Member
Best armor for fortitude ?

Hello

I just dropped a Lo in the Pit :D :D :D

I am thinking of using it to make a Fortitude Armor.

I am sure the question has been already asked, but the search on these key words does not give any good result.

So now my questions:
For which characters is it most useful ? (Ama, Barb, other ?)

For each character, what is the best armor to make this rune word ?

I don't want to use it for a merc. I read in a previous post a comment (by krischan, I believe) that it is not really worth on a merc.

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Zephyrin

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
IMO it's best for a strafer or multishot bowazon, followed by a WW barb.

In general, it's good for any character who doesn't benefit greatly from %ed of skills and auras because that's where off-weapon %ed is added to, unlike weapon %ed.

Of course, you can also use it for paladins and they would benefit from it to a certain extent, but not by that much.

Regarding its use on a merc, IMO mercs are too stupid to deserve wearing a runeword containing a HR, but that's a matter of wealth.

Angel_Dusted

Diabloii.Net Member
[/QUOTE]Regarding its use on a merc, IMO mercs are too stupid to deserve wearing a runeword containing a HR, but that's a matter of wealth.[/QUOTE]

Now see that's just derogatory :lol:

In a related question, would a fortitude be worth it for a Conc barb or a Fury druid, and, if possible, could someone comment on which it would be most valuable on.

Thanks in advance. :clap:

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Zephyrin said:
Hello

I just dropped a Lo in the Pit :D :D :D

I am thinking of using it to make a Fortitude Armor.

I am sure the question has been already asked, but the search on these key words does not give any good result.

So now my questions:
For which characters is it most useful ? (Ama, Barb, other ?)

For each character, what is the best armor to make this rune word ?

I don't want to use it for a merc. I read in a previous post a comment (by krischan, I believe) that it is not really worth on a merc.

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Zephyrin
IMO there are 2 armors that are best suited for fortitude!
Archon Plate and Dusk Shroud! Having superior ones is even better (sure the repair cost is higher) but the defense is slightly higher + more tradevalue!

For a merc Fortitude is GOOD! But use eth armors! I would not make fortitude above eth kraken shell (superior even better).

Strafers, ww-barbs, frenzybarbs, furydruids, beardruids, fanapaldins, wolfbarbs are all suited in my opinion to use fortitude!

/Dec
/Dec

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Angel_Dusted said:
In a related question, would a fortitude be worth it for a Conc barb or a Fury druid, and, if possible, could someone comment on which it would be most valuable on.
It depends on what weapon you are using. In order for Fortitude to really show its prowess you need a very high damage weapon. Also I'd rather use Fortitude on a Fury druid since they often use 2-handed weapons which can benefit more from the 300% enhanced damage. If it comes down to price, I think you are much better of with Duress or Lionheart or something, since they are awesome armors and quite cheap.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
It depends on what weapon you are using. In order for Fortitude to really show its prowess you need a very high damage weapon. Also I'd rather use Fortitude on a Fury druid since they often use 2-handed weapons which can benefit more from the 300% enhanced damage. If it comes down to price, I think you are much better of with Duress or Lionheart or something, since they are awesome armors and quite cheap.
Fortitude is better than Duress or Lionheart:p

/Dec

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
Fortitude is better than Duress or Lionheart:p
Not on a sorceress:) Read again...I didn't say Lionheart/Duress were superior to Fortitude (Fortitude isn't all that)...I merely said that from a cost/efficiency perspective I'd choose Lionheart/Duress over Fortitude.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
Not on a sorceress:) Read again...I didn't say Lionheart/Duress were superior to Fortitude (Fortitude isn't all that)...I merely said that from a cost/efficiency perspective I'd choose Lionheart/Duress over Fortitude.
The issue was not if it was best for a sorc:p Thats obvious for everyone I hope! :D

Cost/efficiency perspective sure they are cheap. But the cost of Lo is not that high nowdays ...around 6 ists on Ladder europe...the other runes u need for the armor are worth around 20 Pgems...So in conclusion Fortitude is affordable...:p

/Dec

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Chimaira said:
From the cost/efficiency perspective, nothing beats Cathan's set, Civerb's Cudgel and Angelic ammy+2rings, I guess :lol: In the first place, it depends on your wealth and how much you want to spend. Then look what you can afford for it (plus perhaps another 20-50%). That's the right order of applying costs and efficiency.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
From the cost/efficiency perspective, nothing beats Cathan's set, Civerb's Cudgel and Angelic ammy+2rings, I guess :lol: In the first place, it depends on your wealth and how much you want to spend. Then look what you can afford for it (plus perhaps another 20-50%). That's the right order of applying costs and efficiency.
E = mc2 (square) :D

Za German physician has spoken! :D

/Dec

P.S. Kidding dude! :p

Zephyrin

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
The issue was not if it was best for a sorc:p Thats obvious for everyone I hope! :D

Cost/efficiency perspective sure they are cheap. But the cost of Lo is not that high nowdays ...around 6 ists on Ladder europe...
/Dec
Remember there are still some players (I am one of those) for whom 6 ists is expensive. ;) I don't think I could afford a Fortitude if i hadn't dropped the Lo.

However I should probably try to trade the items I dropped, instead of loading mules :rolleyes: But trading takes time, I think, and with limited time I prefer spending it playing than trading. Personal opinion of course.

Also thanks to all of you for your replies.

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Regarding its use on a merc, IMO mercs are too stupid to deserve wearing a runeword containing a HR, but that's a matter of wealth.
I think there are some players not just mercs, that are to stupid to deserve this kind of stuff. :D

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Zephyrin said:
Remember there are still some players (I am one of those) for whom 6 ists is expensive. ;) I don't think I could afford a Fortitude if i hadn't dropped the Lo.

However I should probably try to trade the items I dropped, instead of loading mules :rolleyes: But trading takes time, I think, and with limited time I prefer spending it playing than trading. Personal opinion of course.

Also thanks to all of you for your replies.
You just found a LO in the pits m8! You should afford to make fortitude... :rolleyes:

My first Lo that I found was invested in the Fortitude runeword...besides what are u going to do with the Lo u found? Save it for later? :D

/Dec

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice finding

Definetly the best 2 armours to "Fortitude the hell out of" :p ..would be Dusk and Archon, Archon preferibly.

Any melee char benefits from it: +300% E.dmg, resists and high def, the chance to up the def with chilling armour....

Mostly I see Fury druids, Ww barbs and bowazons using it, but they're pretty usefull for any melee char.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Chimaira said:
Except that it has to be...effective:)
That's what I meant with "it depends on how much you want to spend". Try to beat that equipment for a melee character with a 25 pgems budget :p

In fact, that's my default leveling gear from L9 until end of normal or mid of nightmare. It depends when I will be in the mood of muling replacements to him.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Angelic rings, amulet and armor
Sigon's gloves, belt and boots
Whatever weapon you like, I prefer crystal swords with decent jewels, or wands/orbs and sigons shield/shrunken heads.
Biggins Bonnet, or tarnhelm, that depends on the char.

Screw cathan's, what the %&"#¤) is that set good for? Leech? Sigons get you 10% anyway. Str? +3str large charms from lvl 2 on.

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Archon plates have by far the best defense for their requirements (103 str req and 15% superior can have 603), only armor that beats archon in defense is hellforge and higher and those have reqs of 196 and more str. So u will be making good use of that 200% ed. Keep in mind that archons are rare though and a good superior one can cost just as much as a Lo rune :lol: