Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best armor for an enchantress?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by stkrause, Apr 5, 2005.

1. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

Best armor for an enchantress?

Hi!

I'm currently building an enchantress. And I'm wondering what the best armor would be. I don't have decided whether it will be an ranged/demon machine or a melee/passion build, so hints for either build will be helpfull.

I'm not exactly rich, but I think I could get a single highrune (I play Europe/Ladder, and HRs aren't that cheap as they are on other realms). So while I can't afford an Enigma :(, I would be able to get CoH or Fortitude. And of course cheaper armors like Stone or Duress. But feel free to suggest something completely differnt...

Any help will be appreciated,

*stkrause

2. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

My enchantress uses a +3 enchant ormus for prebuff and then switches to a naj light plate for game play.

3. lonnie913

lonnie913 IncGamers Member

chains of honor is definitely great if you wanna splurge. 20str, 2skills, 65res, a bit of a dmg boost to undead/demons...great all around. fortitude would be wasted since the best mod, 300ed, doesnt boost your fire dmg (although it would still be good obviously, it just seems like if you have fortitude, use it on a bowazon or a zeal paladin or something). i tend to use cheap alternatives, so i might go with lionheart, skins of the vipermagi, shaftstop or something like that.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I agree that Chains Of Honour is probably the best armor for an enchantress, and most others:) but many armours are quite nice. Skin Of The Vipermagi (preferrably upgraded), Duriel's Shell (no +skill but cannot be frozen and other goodies), Naj's Light Plate would also be nice, Lionheart runeword is pretty sweet too, Guardian Angel if you're going for insane resists...a really cheap option is Smoke runeword (Nef+Lum) which gives +50 resists. Lots of armours around, but if you can get Chains Of Honour=no contest. And Fortitude would be completely wasted on this build.

5. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input. I nearly forgot about Naj's (how could I? My Javazon uses it!), so I think I'll first try this one or Lionheart. And if I have too many problems with the build, I'll sell out all my stuff and see if I can get a CoH from that ;).

*stkrause

6. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

My perfect fire +3 enchant ormus for prebuff. :D

7. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

My perfect(15%) fire +3 enchant ormus robes.

8. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

If you're also going the ES route, consider Ironpelt/Gbane.
    Fortitude only if you're using Kingslayer as a weapon
    CoH is probably the best overall armour.
    Duress is my 2nd choice.