Best Armor for a Zealot?

Promethius

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Armor for a Zealot?

I was just curious what you guys think the best armor for a zealot is. I have an ethereal Guardian Angel with about 1300 defense I could zod, or I have a 4 sock armor wit over 500 defense I could stone. Should I use one of those or scrap em and get CoH? Are there any other armor's I should consider?
 

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Runner Guy said:
CoH > everything else for melee characters

I very seriously disagree!!

If we are talking PvM, yeah go with CoH

PvP, screw CoH, stone is tight, with high enough total defense, you'll see the advantage of 800-2,400 more defense on your body armor. I think alot of people will disagree with me, but I am content with knowing that they haven't thought about it the way I have, and tested it.

:)
 

majorB

Diabloii.Net Member
I tend to agree with Halbreed, I made an archon chains for my pvp zealot to replace his stone (1975 def), tried it for a while, then switched back. The 1000 extra def on the stone made a huge difference in melee situations, especially if you arent packin an exile. And its so much cheaper to make.

I like my coh, I just think its better used on something other than a zealot.

MajorB
 

Pravda

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally think lionheart is better than coh for pvm. Saves you lots of stats and have resists as well. For pvp, go with a low str high def armor like stone, eth glad bane or similar.
 

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
don't forget Engima. 45% r/w in pvp makes sure u can catch those casters running away, even if u dun use teleport.
 

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
Evanta said:
don't forget Engima. 45% r/w in pvp makes sure u can catch those casters running away, even if u dun use teleport.

very true, but if the player is sraight BM: go ahead and use the tele, not that it helps alot except vs a BP necro (gg :)).......

but yeah the r/w is f-ing phat, that's what makes it awesome in my personal opinion, especially if you can get maxed resists w/o CoH.
 

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
majorB said:
I tend to agree with Halbreed, I made an archon chains for my pvp zealot to replace his stone (1975 def), tried it for a while, then switched back. The 1000 extra def on the stone made a huge difference in melee situations, especially if you arent packin an exile. And its so much cheaper to make.

I like my coh, I just think its better used on something other than a zealot.

MajorB

thank you, stone rocks on a zealot, no doubt, especially when u have 44k def..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:)
 

YJP

Diabloii.Net Member
well,i suppose if u aint that damn rich, like me, i use 48str levi for both pvp and pvm, i have no prob against ww barbs and werewolf drus... a little trubble against sorcs and necs, not to mention zons, but wit nuff LR i tank zons and sins easy... i suggest levi/bane/GA or something like em if u aint rich.

~YJP~
 

majorB

Diabloii.Net Member
Isnt Leviathan kinda hard to find? Im not ladder so I really dont know, but regardless, that thing is pretty hoss. Id take one of those in a second, especially if it were eth....damn, that would be cool.
 

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
YJP said:
well,i suppose if u aint that damn rich, like me, i use 48str levi for both pvp and pvm, i have no prob against ww barbs and werewolf drus... a little trubble against sorcs and necs, not to mention zons, but wit nuff LR i tank zons and sins easy... i suggest levi/bane/GA or something like em if u aint rich.

~YJP~

although an um rune and a few hellforges aren't that expensive, not to mention the ease of 4 socket 485+ def armors, that is a very very great suggestion, if i didn't have the resources i would definatetly go with your item suggestion. its nice to see a reply that doesn't mention stuff like templar's might, botd, death's cleaver, etc.

thank you very much YJP.
 

Promethius

Diabloii.Net Member
So you guys don't think eth GA is worth using if I can get CoH or Stone? I kinda like having my resists all maxed at 90, but I don't have too many problems without. btw, my zealot is mainly pvm, but I'll pvp wit him on rare occasions.
 

KruxDeValor

Diabloii.Net Member
i would suggest u do like me, and get a etheral steel carapace, my ladder pally uses one. you could cham it like me, or ber it or ed ias it. depending on your specific setup. you could also get an etheral temps might, i am not sure but i think that, that armor may reach 3k def. you just have to zod it :(. if you arent rich use either an plain stone or etheral one, itll last you a pretty long time. if your even poorer which i doubt then just use G.A or shaft. hope this helps
 
Top