Best armor for a travi sorc?

Eriklop

Diabloii.Net Member
So i've gotten a decent ormus robes with plus blizzard 14 cd. I was meh at first but i guess in the rare situation you dont need mf ( finding runes is my major reason for travi) I think this armor gives alot more dmg and makes p5 quicker. Is there something i'm overlooking. ( resists come from charms atm) What would you consider the best travi armor?

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Trav should be run at P3 always. For Sorc, best armor is CoH but if you need the damage Blizz Ormus is fine too if you can get enough defensive stats elsewhere.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with @ffs

But you still perhaps want MF since councils have good chance to drop facets (best odds in the game?)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with @ffs

But you still perhaps want MF since councils have good chance to drop facets (best odds in the game?)
Agreed. I always try to include some mf. Not only for facets, but also for jewelry, which is another thing Council drops fairly well.

necrolemming

Diabloii.Net Member
Think in terms of tradeoffs. What's better, some damage from the chest slot and a bunch of resist charms, or resists from the chest slot freeing up charms for MF or open space to decrease muling time and improve run efficiency?

I don't know what your gear looks like exactly, but I'd probably guess the latter.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess the most important thing to remember is that Trav running is all about the map -- both for kill speed and for safety. On a perfect map, I'd say you can get away with some 6k Blizzard damage and lowish life (for me that would be below ~1800) and just about decent resists, and still have at least sub 20s P3 runs. On a slightly worse map, it may already take 8k damage and better defense to keep up the speed/survivability. The more cluttered the council members are, the more is required both in terms of damage and in terms of defensive stats to for the same run times, which is obviously not easy to balance and quickly escalates into a disaster. :) When I first started to run Trav, I thought I had a good enough map and hit it with 11k Blizzard damage and best gear I had, but run time average was mostly above 20s. After RFL last year, I took the time to roll a really good map -- and all of a sudden it's 18.5s average with only 8k damage Blizzard (i.e. using more MF gear).

In general there was an interesting discussion about Sorc setups in the RFL round 2 thread last year, and this post pretty much sums up the different set-up choices/approaches for Trav Blizzy, if interested.

Eriklop

Diabloii.Net Member
wow, thanks allot for the input. Im a untwinked type guy. So i really wanted this to use this super cool find. I think the best thing would be to test on a good map with the gear i have. Ill dig in the post that was shared as well.

Ps would these outlines be the same for p8 rune charm hunting on cows?

Thx guys

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Probably yes. /p7 that is, as /p8 will only give you more xp, not better drops. And often it's even better to go for /p5 for cows, except for some very strong builds, since you'll kill faster and have less items cluttering the screen.