Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best areas of NM for MF?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Hawkiyi, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Hawkiyi

Hawkiyi IncGamers Member

Best areas of NM for MF?

I know I've seen the answer to this before but I can't seem to find it. I've made it to Hell Diff and what I've determined is that I need some better equipment. I didnt have all the elite gear when I started this character. What areas of NM would be best for me to go MF some better gear. The only elite item I've found so far is tals ammy. Everything else I have is rare and my resistance just sucks on hell diff.

2. Bortaz

Bortaz Banned

I do fairly well in NM just doing Eldritch/Shenk/Pindleskin, with an occasional Trav council thrown in. I'd like to do Meph in NM, but I HATE those undead stygian dolls. :)

3. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Mephisto can drop lots of great stuff, and he's easier to get to than Baal, who would be another good choice. The old Pindleskin-Eldritch-Shenk trio isn't a bad one to run, either; even Frozenstein and Snapchip might be good monsters to beat over the head for items.

4. Hawkiyi

Hawkiyi IncGamers Member

What I was really looking for is if there's an area that's the equvilant of "the pit" in hell dif?

5. Hastur

Hastur IncGamers Member

I feel kind of embarrassed about asking this question, but which "The Pit" are you refering to? I keep seeing it used but there are at least three pits that I can think of: there's "The Pit" in the Tamoe Highlands in Act I, there's the "Pit of Acheron" in the Arreat Plateau in Act V, and there's the "Infernal Pit" in the Frozen Tundra, also in Act V. Which of these is THE "The Pit"?? :scratch:

Thanks in advance.

TTFn

6. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

The Pit is located in the Tamoe Highlands. The reason why the pit is such a nice place to go mf'ing (at any time) is that the area level is high (making the monster levels high too) compared to the difficulty of sweeping through it. Also, a lot of unique monsters and champions tend to spawn in The Pit, there is also a lvl 2 with an "über chest". The normal and champion monsters in The Pit hell difficulty are TC 76.

However, If you're looking for some good drops... I always recommend doing continous Travincal runs. The council really is quite generous. So if you got a character capable of wiping out the council fairly easy, while gearing up around 200 % mf or so, go for it. 100 Trav runs will not dissapoint you.

7. Snatchxx

Snatchxx IncGamers Member

also an emberassing question, but thats why im in this form, where is eldrich,i know all the other chars, but im not to sure where eldrich is... if sum1 could tell me, i would be very greatful, thx

8. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

Eldritch is just north of the Frigid Highlands WP in Act5. You then can go south, into the Bloody Foothills and fight Shenk.

I've done countless NM trio runs with my old MF sorc, and I found lots of good stuff. A few Occys, Lidless Eyes, etc.

In Hell, my new Fire Sorc is quite good at disposing of the Trio rapidly, and just yesterday (all in the same run) Pindle droped Templars Might, Eldritch droped the Fire Lizzard claw, and Shenk dropped a damn fine Magical Pally shield. Enhanced Def. 45% resist, and + 2 to skills. Putting it at roughly 375 def with other great modifiers. I used a socketing quest and got two on it, so I'm debating what to put into it...

9. Snatchxx

Snatchxx IncGamers Member

thx alot, thats where i thought it he was, but wasent completly sure, mabye a rhyme in the shield, doesnt serve much purpose, but u nvr know, mabye u can make a mf pally :p

10. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

Don't overlook runewords and using gems. A Smoke armor and shield with some perfect diamonds in it will help your resistance problems a lot. Or if it's taking too long to find a Lum rune you could socket resist runes in an armor. A Ral+Ort+Thul armor is good for 30% resist to fire, cold, and lightning and those runes drop pretty regurlarly. Also, hang onto junk jewelry and do the 3 into 1 cube roll. Might turn out a nice +1 skills prismatic amulet or resist ring or something.

11. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Hawkiyi , for Nightmare magic finding I would recommend this: Eldrich in Act5 and Mephisto in act3, the Countess in Act1. The Pit in NM is not better, than other areas. Only in Hell mode it has a high 85 area level. Alhough you can clear it as well, if you like it, just remember, that in NM there is nothing special about it.
    Eldritch - a very easy to kill and easy to find superunique near the Frigid Highlands waypoint in Act5. His drops are still pretty good, as well as good experience for killing him. After killing Eldritch, you can run back to Bloody Foothills and kill Shenk the Overseer - some more potentially good items.
    Mephisto - act boss which is very often being killed for items, because he is relatively easy to reach and kill. He will very often drop a green/gold item, if you have more than 200% Magic Find on your equipment. But the items he drops usually are not of high level. That's main Meph disadvantage - lots of green/gold items, but few good ones.
    The Countess - a superunique in the very end of dungeons under the Tower in the Black Marsh area in Act 1. She will rarely drop a good set or unique, but on the way to her you will find a lot of unique monsters, which can drop nicely. And the main Countess's feature is that she has a very good chance to drop runes. You will almost always get at least 1 rune from her, pretty often 2 runes and sometimes even 3. Usually she drops low-level runes (El-Ort), but pretty often some mid-levels. You can combine them into higher level runes, then make runewords or use them in various Horadric Cube recipes, including crafting recipes.
    And don't forget to wear a lot of Magic Find %, whithout it you will not get a lot of green/gold stuff from uniqus/superuniques!