Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best area to do MF runs?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Trelulo, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Trelulo

Trelulo IncGamers Member

Best area to do MF runs?

What are the best areas for mf runs?
    Are the bosses (such like meph and baal) still a good choice?
    My MFinder char is currently starting act 4 hell, at lvl 77, but i need to find her some more powerfull gear. Also i need any good item i can find for other chars, so overall, whats the area with the best drops?

2. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

The Pit in Hell Tamoe Highlands is popular these days, as the monsters there can drop any item. Meph's always been rather nice to me, though - all depends. There's no such thing as the "best" MF area, all up to your play style. The good thing abou the Pit is you can load up on alot more MF without having to worry too much about survival, and char's that can do alot of damage over a wide area (RE: CL/FO sorcs, LF Zon's, etc) thrive there. Meph will, of course, drop rares/uniques/sets more frequently, but then again is riskier, and cannot drop every single item. So its a tradeoff. Act 5 Superuniques and Baal are still viable options, too, though i've never personally had much luck with them (superuniques drop too rarely, and Baal's too dangerous).

3. nikstone

nikstone IncGamers Member

-Andariel for rings and amulets, good chance for Gheeds also
    -Meph for many useful exceptional and some elite uniques
    -Pindelskin for high TC uniques (i also do Tresh Socket, he drops good for me, but he is not so popular)
    -the pits are already mentioned
    -Baal can drop any item (altough it is said his drops are not so good anymore), on the way to Baal kill everyone cause all Worldstone keep Champions and unique monsters can drop any unique or set item in game - the pits are way easier tough
    -not to forget Diablo, altough depends on the character you play because of the nasty curses there
    -you can also try out the Ancient tunnels in the Lost City, kind of a area similar to the pits, only with undead monsters, some can be immune to magic, champions and uniques there can also drop any unique or set item that exists

4. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

i personally go for andy for starters... on P3 (hell o' corse...)..

she can drop great items that are useful..

5. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

i usually go for pindle, pit or baal (mostly pindle)

nikstone listed it pretty well!

6. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

i find that if you keep at meph he drops the best overall, i know the pits are popular, but mainly with grailers who need top level items, i think for consistency you should go meph all the way :clap:

i just started running meph and have found 2 elite uniques, gonna keep running him till i get a storm and doom though

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i find quill rats in normal are very good at dropping high lvl uniques and runes, isuggest some blood moor runnin :lol:
    seriously, id go for pit or pmpeh, depending on your main skill. the pit rotates between fire and cold immnes iveheard, and there is never any poion immunes or magic immunes, so a poisonmancer or hammerdin (although space is a bit tight in palces for him) can do pit very well.

8. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

Hell Mephy is IMO the best for MF. I get better drops from him than anywhere else in the game. Baal and the Pits can drop better items, but I do them mostly for experience because the enemies are too tough for my Barb's MF gear. Once I get to Baal, I can MF him, but his drops for me of late haven't been that good. As for the Countess, by the time I got to Hell, I found that I needed the runes that she CAN"T drop.

9. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Uh... with my Hammerdin I CAN kill people immune to Magic... I dont know what type of damage it is but it seems to work :scratch:

10. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Its magical damage, however hammers ignore the immnuties on demons and undead. The only thing you can not kill with hammers are the Wailing beasts in act three, normally found in the 6 small temples scattered through kurast.

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

its probably your aura bull, as hammer is 100% magic dmg. i believe convition can take away almost any magic immune if high enough lvl.

12. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

While conviction can break immunities, it is best to use concentration aura for your blessed hammers as it make them do alot more damage. The reason why they can kill most magic immunes, is because blessed hammers ignore immunities on most things (any undead and demons)

13. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Here's my personal theory on MFing. You didn'tn mention what char/build you are playing, so here's my recomendation on the best per character:

The Pits: Not my favorite play, but many people swear by them. It goes WAY too slow (even at about 10 minutes per run) for me. I use a skelliemancer for this area and I can't think of a better one for it except maybe a pure poison necro (nothing is poison immune in the pit).

Mephisto: I MF'd this place a LOT during borlag's MF tourney a long time ago. Meph is probably the single best area to MF in the game, being able to drop up to TC 78 and being able to drop a Azurewrath and Arachnid Mesh, and also everything underneath. Being able to do it under a minute if not way less (<45 seconds), I recommend a FO/Meteor sorc (AKA the Vega_Sorc).

Baal: Having to go through a TC 87 area (the WSK) and then a guaranteed fight with 5 super uniques and Baal himself, you can find ANY thing you want from baal/SU's/WSK. A CBMancer (see Nightfish's guide) is the best for this run, although Hammerdins and Vega_Sorcs also work well.

Pindle: IMO, once you have run Meph long wnough and have decent mid/high end items, you graduate to Pindle, as he is the place to run to get highly desireable items, especially if you like trading. Again, the Vega_Sorc is the probably the best here. Normally I can kill pindle and his buddies before the skeletons in the garden awaken. A barb also has worked for a few people because they use two Ali Baba's on weapon switch and use Find Item. I know I did in v1.10.

Hope this helps,
    crg

14. SnakeEye85

I´d say a pure cold sorc with maxed synergies could do it faster.

agree!!

A lightningzon with maxed synergies would be my #1 pick for this place, second a blizz sorc with maxed synergies. Yes he can be LI/CI but thats no problem with a decent merc and decrapify/static field etc..
    my blizzsorc kill pindle and his minion (players 8 for exp) in just 1-3 blizzards.

though a javazon is awesome here. Place a decoy outside (pindles garden) kill pindle in couple of throws, kill everything hiting your decoy, pick up all zods and stuff like that :)

these are just the builds I would prefer, though there´s lots that would do the job!

15. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I'm going to get around to making one of these one day, probably pure bliz.
    Very good thought. Who was it that found 5 Griz's Valors on the MFO with one of these ladies? See comment #1 for the bliz sorc thing.
    And that's the beauty of v1.10. Nearly every character can be built into an MF'er, I just listed the builds I have experience with. I'll get around to building that bliz sorc eventauilly, and with the LF zon, I really dislike zons, always have, but since it is my desire to pat/mat as many builds as possible in v1.10, I'll get around to that one, eventually.

Great suggestions snake!
    crg

16. SnakeEye85

just got matriarch with mine last night and they are awesome to play. Crazy dmg.

agree!! It get´s boring to run same area day after day with the same build. I prefer having some diffrent chars, gets more fun that way.

Great suggestions you to :)

those you suggested would probarbly be better for most people since a skellymancer/vega sorc doesn´t need the most uberitems but a blizz sorc for example is somewhat itemdependant IMO

17. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Flayer Jungle...Players 8...so many little beasties, so many drops. This one isn't for kids as my friend Christophe Bucher says as it can take 30 min to do a full clear.

You'd probably be better off running pit probably or any other lvl 85 area, but this place has a lot of kills and is near the Flayer Dungeon (the weak need not enter here) and I don't get killed very much at all with the right merc gear (Iron pelt, Rockstopper, Reapers Toll). I'd say the Vega sorc and hammerdin can run this pretty well, with maybe the sorc winning over because of teleport and meteor/FB spamming.

18. NorrYtt

NorrYtt IncGamers Member

I just started again and I worked up a Meteorb Sorc to clvl 73 so far. I have to get all the normal and exceptional uniques before I can kill faster in Hell.

I'm running in NM right now with the following sequence, backwards sometimes:
    Andariel
    Travincal
    Mephisto
    Diablo
    Eldritch and Shenk
    /players8 Halls of Pain (whatever the waypoint goes to), Vaught, and Nilithak

To end the night of playing, I do a /players8 NM Baal run. That usually gets me a level but boy it's hard, mostly because of Gloams and Lister. My merc can't handle it without constant fat purple fueling.

The best thing I've found so far is a Vampire Gaze popping chests in the Durance. My merc loves it.

I especially like the Halls of Pain for my Meteorb sorc. It's filled with spitting Flayers, Quill Rats, and Grotesques or Maggots, no immunities. That's a ton of enemies that die to one Meteor hit, and they deal only packets of damage so it's easy to get out if you're in trouble. If your merc has any kind of Chance to Cast ~Spell~ when Hit, it will go off constantly! They don't drop many uniques, but it's really fun killing everyone. They drop runes in the Sol-Amn area too.

Once I get better equipment from all this, I can start Pit Runs most likely. Hell difficulty is a little too hard right now. I mean, I run into 4 boss Fallen packs before I get out of the Blood Moor!

Hopefully I'll get the better gear soon and be running with everyone else.

Another tip, I hear it's best to work up characters to the Hell HellForge Quest to get high level runes. That's good; I plan to have a couple chars in every class.

19. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well most has been said alredy but you should know that there is one set that can only drop in one place.

and thats the cow king set.

it only drops in the cow level as im sure you understand.

also once you got most of the gear in the game it can be a good idea to make a rune hunter. well mayby you alredy have one;)

a rune hunter is a char that can clear areas very quickly at high players settings.

myself i use my sniperzon for this and rune hunt in act 3