Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best area for Zerkers?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Zroc, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

Best area for Zerkers?

So any level 85 area can drop Bezerker axes...but what area contains the monsters that are most likely to drop that specific item?

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

You want an area with as many melee monsters as possible.
    Archers have slightly lower weapon drops so they can drop more bows.
    Spell casters also less weapons so they can drop more scrolls and mana potions (whee).
    Wraiths drop less weapons full stop (although more runes/gems/etc).

So any level 85 area where the critters all come up and try to smack you is good.

3. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

Sweet...so that's sounding like River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary to me, eh? Lots and lots of regurgitators, mega demons, vile mamas and kids, and doom knights. I'm thinking the only casters are the finger mages and oblivion knights, if casters are what they're considered. This is actually great news for me, cuz those are exactly the areas my hammerdin excels in (my record for clearing the Sanc is 92 seconds).

Hmm...so would it be a good idea to strip off my magic find if I'm specifically looking for white, socketed, or eth zerkers? I need 4 and 5 socket zerkers (Famine and Doom), as well as an eth, to complete my runeword collection.

4. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Finger mages are wraiths. OKs are indeed casters.

You will certainly find more white/socketed items with less MF. If it speeds up your run time, you might want to take it off. However, it's not like you don't get any white/socketed items with MF on, so I'm not sure I'd cost myself the chance of having something really good drop.

5. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

Hehe, very good point. I don't think I want to see a white sacred armors on the ground ;)

6. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife IncGamers Member

So if i was rune and gem hunting, where would i go? Also, where's a good place to find flawless gems?

7. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

The Pits (Act 1, Tamoe Highlands, in a cave) is a nice place for MFing, leveling up, and finding flawless gems. In one Pit run, I estimate that you should get about 5+ flawless gems, along with some rares, and possibly some ncie uniques or set items.