Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Amulet for baba...

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by kingkoala, Jul 1, 2005.

1. kingkoala

kingkoala Banned

Best Amulet for baba...

Uniques, rares, etc., what should I be looking at? I saw one today:
    Fiend Sunder Amulet
    Required level: 45
    +2 Barb skills
    10% faster run/walk
    +19 strength
    +20 dexterity
    +59 mana
    +57 life

Is this a dupe? Anyways, what else would be ideal for my WW barb. I plan on using the Immortal King's set. I don't like high lords. My rings will be raven frost + nagel or another mf ring, so can't use that angelic set. What else are good amulets? Thanks

2. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

After my depenion highlords tops all rares due to 35% DS unless you already have 100% from CS and DS, somehow.

Well if you ever see an exact copy of that amulet on the realm then it's duped, if you aren't one of the first to land your hands on it, then it's probably already duped.

3. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

Prolly a crafted ammy or bugged rare or something..aka mass duped. I would go with metal grid fer the res and ar and def. Or maybe that stupid +2 all skills pally ammy...uhh seraphs i think it is, maras works also. If i had to chose i would pick a mid metalgrid. Hope this helps.

4. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

You might run into AR problems! So Angelic Ring + Amu would be best! ANd for a IK barb and PVM it is more than enough!

With IK set you will have almost 75% all res in hell! Maybe u need to add some sc for a specific element to get there! This means using Metalgrid or Maras you will have resists stacked! But Metalgrid gives some AR u are lacking!

Use 2 Raven + Metagrid then! The ML from IK set is enough for PVM!

/Dec

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Highlords for melee baba

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

It's an UsEast NL duped afaik. Use Highlords, if you really don't want to use it a metalgrid would work.

HoD

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Highlord's is the best melee barb amulet.

-Hal

8. slam

slam IncGamers Member

highlords is best for melee barbs (if we all say it, he will believe us) unless your attack rating is significantly lacking in which case angelic amulet/ring combo is an option. even then, i would try and find AR elsewhere like other equipment/charms/demon limb's enchant (though never a blessed aim merc - gotta go with might).

if you are lacking ar, i wouldn't wear a nagel at the sacrafice of the angelic combo. you need to find balance when magic finding and no point in having an extra 30% magic find (which is nothing), if you can't hit things.

what don't you like about highlords? that you don't have one? hehe (for me, unique amulets seem to be the hardest equipment in the game to find)

9. Lordjim

Lordjim IncGamers Member

This has to be a hacked amulet from my experance and is probably duped too. Rare amulets +2 to a class = a lvl requirement of 67 and crafted amulets +2 to a class = a lvl requirement of 89 to use. I think this has always been the case for the rares even pre-1.08 witch is when I started playing this adictive POS awesome kickass game, LOL!!

Jim

10. kingkoala

kingkoala Banned

The reason I don't like highlords is because I read on the forums that the 20% increased attack speed will do nothing to the immortal king maul (which will have 2 shael in it). Also, that the 25% deadly strike isn't a big deal. The lightning resist won't really matter if I have close to max resists with this set on.

So all that is left is +1 skills and some lightning damage? I'm a super newbie (born again 2 days ago), so maybe I'm totally wrong about this but that's what I read.

11. kingkoala

kingkoala Banned

hey what if I did something like this. Metalgrid for the amulet, then raven frost and dwarf star for the rings? That would give me total max resists from the metalgrid and both cold and fire absorb. Invincible tank? for pvm at least?

12. slam

slam IncGamers Member

It is true that the IAS on highlords doesn't benefit Wirlwind which I trust you are investing your points in since using IK set. It will probably help your back up skill (likely berserk) depending on how you socket your gear.

The Deadly Strike (up to 37% if I recall correctly) is huge in my opinion. I don't believe the IK set gives you Deadly Strike anywhere else, but highlords, along with your mastery should give you approximately a 50% chance of DOUBLING YOUR DAMAGE. Does that not sound good?

13. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

2 raven frosts for rings (unless u can get a good ar/leech/resis (110+/6+/5+ each or resis all) ring or bk? if those rnt out of ur price range)

i think dwarf is a pretty useless ring maybe there is some use with the life but other than that the only thing it is good for is pissing off soemone's fire sorc

14. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

This is off topic but i couldnt resist asking this question =/
    "afaik" - acronym for?

Anyways, to help with the topic, angelic rings + ammy is only needed for duels, versus huge defense opponents (ex: other barbs and/or pallies) Otherwise its usually best to go with highlords and 2 ravens.

As for pvm, go with highlords and 2 ravens as well.

15. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

There's definitely something wrong with that amulet, it should have req lvl 67 or so at the least.

Just wanted to point out, if you've got a good amount of Battle Cry you'll find you won't need so much AR.

Oh, and afaik = as far as I know.

16. slam

slam IncGamers Member

True, but nothing beats just leveling up a bit further. character level vs monster level is the number 1 thing, in my opinion, that determines chance to hit.

i do use battle cry against all act bosses though. great 1 point wonder.

17. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

On the contrary, it is in fact a VERY big deal. It builds up to 37% chance for doubling your damage - that's MASSIVE. No other amulet compares as far as the damage benefits it will give you. That lets you kill things faster AND leech more. Mods like +skills, leech, resist and such don't matter much for barbs, since we can get max resist easily, there are plenty of sources of leech, and +skills don't really do anything for us. The 20% ias is nice for normal-type attacks as well (bash, conc, berserk, etc), which you will definately be using from time to time, and lit resist is always nice to have.

I used to think the same way as you, but after playing barbs for several years, I came to see the light: HW is the best amulet around.

-Hal

18. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

this is a classic useast nl dupe. not as popular as gale shell, and the other classic ammy... but this is still illegit.

19. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

the ias on highlords doesnt help if you are a ww barb. if you're a zerker then it helps reach bps.

i think for an ik ww barb some sort of rare/crafted ammy is the best. the set itself already has decent leech, so some more skills on the ammy slot helps.

20. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

When blizzard fixed the masteries bug in 1.10 (one poitn mastery gave 100% double damage) highlord's became the best barb ammy.