Best Amazon Build?

Thortok2000

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Amazon Build?

The only Amazons I've ever really made have been bowazons because I've always used M'avina's. Well, I think it's time to break out and try to make the strongest Amazon I can, using any kind of gear, any kind of build.

Goals of the character:

-Mostly untwinked, but will trade for better gear as I go along, so feel free to suggest low, mid, and end-game gear to aim for.
-Will do Baal runs (including the killing of baal) for MF/XP, I want to be able to solo from waypoint to baal if I have to, even if I have to teleport past or something (or just remake for easier monsters).
-Will dclone hunt (solo) and will need to be able to kill dclone alone.
-Will have a merc, any merc, although I generally prefer act 2 ones. I've never not had an act 2 merc so I wouldn't mind trying something new, if it'll make her stronger.
-While working through the game, I will probably be playing solo, doing every quest and waypoint, mostly in order if I can. I may get lucky and get rushed but it's unlikely since I'm not really willing to pay for it. I'll probably have some help on act bosses/ancients, but it isn't guaranteed.

The most important thing to me is that she kill fast, while still having as much MF as I can put on her. I also don't like to die much. My favorite skills for the Amazon are Valkyrie and all the passives, so I'm going to have at least one point in all of those regardless of the build I use.

I generally don't use charms, I use only a Gheed's and an Anny, I like having my inventory more open than that.

If anyone wants to give me tips, or point me in the direction of an already made guide, that'd be great.

Toxis

Diabloii.Net Member
so your looking for a char that is dirt cheep, has high killing power, high mf and high surviablity? i do not really know of a build that brings ALL that together

- Toxis

Thortok2000

Diabloii.Net Member
Toxis said:
so your looking for a char that is dirt cheep, has high killing power, high mf and high surviablity? i do not really know of a build that brings ALL that together

- Toxis
Mostly the high killing power that isn't gear dependant, so that she can MF, once she does get the gear. I can worry about survivability myself through playing style.

Wrathchild

Diabloii.Net Member
ok, this isnt really untwinked but dirt cheap. The witchwildstring strafer.
theres a guide stickied up so you'd better check it out. I had one in hc and it did very well, until some jerk with a pk hack killed me :confused:
with dirt cheap items you can still power up high/fast dmg, decent mf and even the possibility of max resists (which most bowzons are struggling on)
i tihnk dclone would be possible to kill with sufficient cb, especially when you get the amplify triggered from the wepon (some friend of mine said that amplify reduces dclone's physical resist, im not sure if thats true tho)