Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best alternative for baalruns?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Svalin, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Svalin

Svalin IncGamers Member

Best alternative for baalruns?

Hey guys,

There is something bothering me...

Baalgames go like this...

I Tele > 80% chance I make it > I make tp > 90% chance people start dieing/idling and game leads nowhere.

Problem is I pretty much loose as much XP as I gain. So now I am stuck on level 73ish. Is there any good alternative besides baalgames to get xp on my level? Cheers.

Edit: For logic

2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Re: Best alternative for baalruns?

I wish, but people are unwilling to do less experience-rich runs that are more consistent, and that would yield more exp over time. Chaos is really hard without nice gear, and pretty much everywhere in act 5 hell has nasty guest monsters.

3. Silverblade

Silverblade IncGamers Member

The best chance is to drop the tp at the stairway, and work your way through as a group. I think this is the safetest way to do baal runs for now, until you see a hdin jumping around.

4. Marslite

Marslite IncGamers Member

I m stuck at 73 too, and am in the same situation as you are. Halfway through, a group of knights IM my merc. So trying to save him, I tele away until I end up in a group of gloams which makes it nastier since their lightning goes through my merc and hits me. Silver above has a reasonable solution and I have tried that. However, the thing is many people leave the game if I tp at the stairs. They want a fully equipped bot-like hammerdin that teles to throne, kills all and sends a safe TP, which I m not...

My blizzballer does decently well in areas which dont have IM Knights, since my merc will then survive and tank for me while I FireBall/MeteorBlizz them to death. It all boils down to getting good gear that I don't have yet, but hopefully it will become better soon.

So I have stopped hosting Baal runs, and instead, join "Baal Walk" runs where people are actually walking from WSK 2 WP. Even if it takes a little longer, it is fun with the team work and tanking we do for each other. When there is a summoning necro in my party, I almost NEVER die, even if I don't have a BO barb.

Chaos is also a good place, but I lose my Insight wielding Prayer merc around 3 times a run, and I don't get gold faster enough to revive him every time, unless I do enough Travincal runs.

So this is what I do :
    1. Run 1 NM cows, and 2 Trav runs for gold.
    2. Look for and join "Baal walk" games.

As a result, my leveling is slow, but my merc and I die a lot lesser.

Good luck !

5. theasdfman

theasdfman IncGamers Member

what i did was make sure u get a group with at least a necro and a barb and get them all together in the same channel to do private runs

that's what i did. i tele'ed and always had a barb and necro in the game (the rest were all sorcs) and so i got to level 85 on like the 3rd day

6. Spookie

Spookie IncGamers Member

In regard to Baalruns and their difficulty these days, last night in Nightmare I was with a group of poor souls (myself included) who were getting pounded by Black Souls. We had good people too but we started losing corpses and running back naked (bad idea I know) to retrieve and it just kept getting uglier and uglier. ;)

So yes, some Baalwalk games do get ugly, but as ugly as the game was it was also alot of fun and challenging. We worked together to get all corpses, it was good ol' times - no Baal Bots baby sitting us. Ultimately we cried Uncle and surrendered that particular game to Baal - sometimes that's the only option.

I applaude the (non-bot) runners who are making these Baal runs easier for us - Thanks guys!

7. Dasanic

Dasanic IncGamers Member

There is always the Pits, Crypt and Mosolium (sp?). They 85ish lvl areas plus there is the chance of good drops.

D

8. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

i rekon just do baal-walks if the tele is too dangerous. a decent group should be able to clear-out the WSK.

i've also found a solo walk-through of the River of Flame in an 8-player game is profitable in XP terms.

9. diablotodd

diablotodd IncGamers Member

i ran pindle from 70-77, very quick and get reasonable drops that you dont have to fight over. my blizz works pretty good against him.

Didnt take long to level.

10. IceDevil9

IceDevil9 IncGamers Member

I'm at 79, and found that by doing mf runs i tended to gain exp. got about four levels thatway. It took awhile longer but it seemed to work ok.

-Frank