Best Affordable Bows

sahlakh

Diabloii.Net Member
Best Affordable Bows

I'm going to build a typical bowazon (strafe + multi) after I've gotten some gear. I was wondering which cheap bows do you prefer?

Harmony, upg. WWS and Goldstrike seem all pretty good... any other cheap bows which deserve to be mentioned (haven't played for a few years)? Harmony looks awesome taking account the runes it requires, but the lack of knockback and ias make me to think about other choices as well.

This is for HC/Ladder.

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Best Affordable Bows

WWs is a very good and popular bow. It offer your PI solution build in and if you want, you can customise all you want. You can have dual leech on the bow, knockback, -50% defence, ias etc .
It is so popular because it fill is many gear slots that with an other bow should damage a specific item.

The other good bow - and better if you ask me - is harmony. Though as said, you can't customise this bow. You'll need more ias to hit certainly breakpoints, you need atma's scarab if you want amp, you need giant skull or crafted gloves if you want knockback, you need dual leech ring/helm if you want dual leech.
If you can get all the gear you plan, harmony is better. You can easier upgrade to a better bow and it pack very useful things as a stronger valk and huge frw. Count in some nice elemental damage. However, unless you get a nice combination together, wws is better as it can and will fill in all gaps in your gear.

P.S. sure there are other good bow, though I think harmony in a matriarchal bow beats them all if price is a factor.

[edit]
on the other hand, seen that fact that you play hc, you may not want a bow that gives you that much frw as harmony does. I always get tempted at playing very aggressive with harmony, resulting in many deaths.

TenzoR

Diabloii.Net Member

Buriza-Do Kyanon is fairly easy to come by, you can socket it with nef/shael to get knockback/ias if you want.

Riphook and WWS are very good as well for faster attack speed and damage.

I've never tried Harmony so I can't say.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member

If you're on a budget, it doesn't get much better than a Harmony bow with Treachery or Twitchthroe armor.

MYK

Diablo: IncGamers Member

I watched my friend masterfully strafe his way through hell mode with a non-upgraded WWS. But then again, he was a really good bowazon player.

I'd say that it's pretty affordable - it drops often to anyone that MFs at all. And it does good damage, even in multiplayer games.

It's one item I want to try out this ladder, among others.

sahlakh

Diabloii.Net Member

I think I try both Harmony and WWS, and see what works better for me, and gonna upgrade to Windforce later on.

Harmony suits to my purposes better, as I will take a barb merc and slap a lawbringer on him (decrepify owns amp from WWS).

For early leveling, I'm gonna use 'edge'.