Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best Act Boss Killing Skills?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by XG_Darkside, Feb 10, 2004.

1. XG_Darkside

XG_Darkside IncGamers Member

Best Act Boss Killing Skills?

I was curious which skills are the best for killing off the act bosses? The amazon seems to have plenty of skills that are good for crowd control but I'm wondering if any are really good for bosses?

2. eatbeef

eatbeef IncGamers Member

CS, you can take down hell diablo in 7-11 pokes. one of the best boss killers in the game. the bigger the boss the faster he falls.

3. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Not sure if charged strike fastest. But its fastest i have tested. Hell baal goes down in 10-15s with mf gear, maybe little faster (no reason to change gear) without using mf items.
    Merc slows baal 75% and golem from stone armor extra 60%, so using mf gear is not a problem. Couple of seconds more if baal freezes my ama (i dont use cannot frozen item).

My current setup:
    Release 9 charged bolts, lightning damage 6-3078 and using Thunderstroke (-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance)
    32 charged strike + synergy bonus from lvl 20 lightning fury, lvl 20 lightning strike and 10 lightning bolt.

In 8 players baalrun i can solo both Elritch and Shenk within 60s using lightning strike while waiting the tp to throne. And after run take baal down. And I used mf gear to do this. Lvl is 84. She is now retired, now fun if char gets too powerful :)

4. tl998

tl998 Banned

There's a very simple way to rememdy that. Use less godly equipment like most other people. It'll force you to think more and be more strategic.

5. XG_Darkside

Anything good with a bow or javelins?

6. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

He already answered. Charged Strike is for Javelin and is simply put the fastest boss killer avaible to an amazon, and can rival the boss killing speed for a sorcerer. :)

7. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

CS is the king for a javazon, spearazon or hybridzon. The Bowazon can't match it for bosskilling speed, especially with synergies, but FA, MA and GA will all get the job done.

8. Cloud Runner

Cloud Runner IncGamers Member

I have to agree. Charged Strike is king.

Last night I took down Duri in less than a minute with the help of my Reaper weilding merc (decrep is awesome makes up for the low min damage).

Then Meph was a cake walk but I did have to give a pot or two to my merc since he couldn't leech.

I can't wait to get to Big D and demolish him. All this with a measly 166% pair of Titans (not that physical damage is important in the build)

My favorite character by far.

9. XG_Darkside

I apologize, I was under the impression that CS only worked with a Spear and not Javelins. Since I'm already wearing titans and I have Lightning Fury maxed it sounds like CS is just what I was looking for after all. Will CS give me sufficient damage if I just max it and lightning fury or do I really need some additional synergies as well?

10. chovenga2

chovenga2 IncGamers Member

"... add Charged Bolt to your Spear attack"

Quote from Battle.net. But maybe Javelins are included with this?

My other question regards the Charged Bolts released. Do they all hit the boss i'm hitting, or just a few of them?

thanks

11. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

All skills in the Jav & Spear tree can be used with a Jav. All but the 4 throwing skills (Lightening Bolt, Poison Jav, Plague Jav, Lightening Fury) can be used with a Spear.

As for the # of bolts that hit....it depends on the monster.....the size of the monster. As the act boss monsters are all generally "large"...most, if not all, of the bolts will hit. On smaller targets, some will hit and some will miss.

nid

12. chovenga2

chovenga2 IncGamers Member

So If I assume correctly, I don't really need to rely on physical dmg when i deal the bosses. So a Jav with good speed should do it?

13. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

Correct. Physical damage is inconsequential to a lightening javazon when using any of the lightening skills. Physical damage is important when using Jab or Fend on Lightening Immune monsters. However, physical damage CAN help for mana leech when using any skill....it's just not a primary concern with CS or LF.

nid

14. XG_Darkside

So will maxed CS do enough damage to deal with act bosses if I have Lightning fury maxed or do I need additional synergies?

15. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

It should be....but I don't have enough experience yet to say for certain how effective it will be throughout all of hell difficulty...and thus...all of the act bosses. The lightening javazon I have now is on Durial in Hell diff and she is lvl 75. I have max CS and max LS with 10 in PS.....so....10 more synergy points than you are considering.....and it works very well so far.

Still....max CS with max LF is going to be your best bet for boss killing so far as I can tell from your build. It will be faster than LF....faster than PJ....and faster than Jab for sure. How it would stack up against a maxed bow skill....I don't know.....but I'd be willing to bet....for equal points spent (ie...20 in CS vs 20 in a bow skill + pre-reqs) CS with 1 maxed synergy should compete with a maxed bow skill. Perhaps hybrid players could comment here....or players who have tried all of these combos.

nid

16. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

Its enough, maybe more than enough. Depends how much +skills items you use. Charged strike gets one bolt more for every 5 points. So try to get its level to 15 (with +skills items) and try it. If it lacks power then put 5 points more and try again.

So if you have +7 for javelins skills then put 18 for cs to get it level 25 (8 charged bolts). Or if you need to save some points put 13 to cs to get it lvl 20(7charged bolts).

Shenk is big boss and easy to access, so use him as target when you test its power.

17. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

let's see:

9 bolts at 3000 damage each - that's a total of ~ 27,000 damage per hit on bosses.

Also - CS is auto-hit as far as I can tell. No attack rating anywhere on the skill, no attack rating on the character screen.

27k damage per hit is bigger than just about anyone else is capable of - plus if the skill is auto hit you can throw on guillaumes face for the 35% crushing blow and watch bosses go down even faster. Hmm it might even be an effective dclone killer too, if only for the fact that it auto hits. That's IF CS can transfer CB. Anyone done any testing on this?

18. XG_Darkside

So that's 9 bolts at 3000 damage each with just having CS and LF maxed out? Sound pretty good to me :)

19. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

i guess i'm not seeing it. i'm on chippydip, and i do not get these calculations:

slvl20 charged strike / lightning strike (synergy)
    7 bolts 3-1030 dmg

slvl 30 charged strike / slvl 20 light strike (synergy)
    9 bolts 3-1798 dmg

So that's 1798 per bolt? Where do you get 3000 dmg each?

g

:howdy:

20. sir_bazz

sir_bazz IncGamers Member

Good point!

And also note that the lightning damage is a range. Each bolt could be as high as 1798 or as low as 3 so best to take an average which will be half-way point in the range.

So at lvl 30 its 9 bolts x 900(avg) = 8100 damage per attack.

Still the best boss killer for a zon but now with realistic numbers.

btw...I use Thunderstrokes/Tiamats on switch for Boss kills which adds further elemental dam and -15% to monsters LR.

bazz.