Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Best 2 Hand Ww Weapon?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MastaLocust, Mar 11, 2004.

1. MastaLocust

MastaLocust IncGamers Member

Best 2 Hand Ww Weapon?

for fastest bp need -60 so either botd ethereal poleaxe or botd ethereal ghost spear would be ideal for a ww barb. Which of these do you you prefer? Both have same average damage poleaxe has the higher min and spear higher max. I prefer poleaxe for lower dex req but was wondering what you guys thought, and if theirs any better 2 hand ww weapons please sure

thanks

2. World Breaker

World Breaker IncGamers Member

i recently fought an eth botd ghost spear using barb with my classic style s/s barb and i was impressed, i got owned and dont have a clue why, he took me out in 3 hits and i have 4.5k life with 50% dr and max block. I think he wwed me twice and he was just taking all the barbs in the game down. So it guess you can get good with this weapon.

As for polearm i havent fought any polearms in duels so i dont know but one advantage of being polearm is theres not many polearm barbs so you get a extra bonus if u beat alot of ppl (if you know what i mean 'original feeling').

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

My fav is BOTD Archron Staff, as it is the most original yet fairly functional

4. MastaLocust

archon staff is pretty nice too bad no mastery for it :(

5. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

I think staff is part of the mace mastery.

6. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Sure does. The jury is still out on bug//feature though.

To bad Archron misses last WW break by 10

7. MastaLocust

is upgraded ethereal ribcracker zoded good for ww?

8. MastaLocust

err i guess that also comes up 10 ias short for fastest bp damn that would have been pretty damn nice

9. HarvesterOfSorrow

HarvesterOfSorrow IncGamers Member

Definatly the poleaxe or ghost spear, same speed and last BP. at 400% the poleaxe gets 230-635 dmg, with an avg of 432.5 while the spear would have 90-775 with the exact same avg. Only difference is your preference on min/max and how much cooler the poleaxe looks ;)

10. MastaLocust

yeah your exactly right whichever you think looks coolest use and i agree poleaxe is bad ***

11. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

I think dueling has changed a lot in 1.10.
    But it always used to be possible baba vs baba to beat s/s with any good polearm/spear by utilising the extra range 5 vs 3.
    That may be what the guy was doing.

12. MastaLocust

poleaxe eth botd is probably better for its less dex req which means more strength = more damage

13. World Breaker

World Breaker IncGamers Member

I was more interested in how he survives, usually ive found anything without a shield goes down v quick to a barb using s/s with a weaponb with -25% def mod. This guy got hit little but it wasnt signifiacnt enough dmg and he wasnt getting hit with all my swings. I wodnered wether having eth arki+eth sandstorm+eth arreats would give him the defense cos this is the only thing i can think of how he survived as his weapon wasnt invisible so he must of put some points in str and dex and not jsut poured them into vit for a huge life tank.

14. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Ahh then I will elaborate.

1. This guy must have a low ping to achieve number 2 below.

2. He WWs beside you out of your range, but inside his, so he doesn't get hit. His range is 60% longer than yours. It's a bit like jousting. If you have ever used a range 5 weapon (spear and polearm only) you will know the nice advantage you get with range. I kill a lot of melee monsters with either conc or WW before they can even get into their range to attack me.

3. He also probably has massive defense and life. You will need a lot of attack rating to hit him; most popular is angelic amulet + 2 rings which can give you up to +2,376 AR which then multiplies by your mastery etc.

4. There are many other tricks you can do in WW vs WW, such as waiting for him to WW then stepping aside so his WW is wasted, then hitting him from behind and in between his whirls.